PDA

View Full Version : Tyrod plays 'SMALL'

endzone
10-08-2017, 07:01 PM
It's not so much about his height but his style. Drew Brees is 6'0", Aaron Rodgers is 6'2" and Tyrod is right in the middle at 6'1".

Tyrod plays like a Doug Flutie wanna-bee. But, Flutie had leadership skills and played like a winner. When I see Tyrod sitting all alone on the bench with zero emotion before a crucial drive for a game winning score I see 'SMALL'.

Joe Fo Sho
10-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Tyrod is boring.

ParanoidAndroid
10-08-2017, 07:11 PM
He plays overly conservative. So much so that if he does have to take chances in a must score situation, he is ill-equipped to succeed.

YardRat
10-08-2017, 07:13 PM
Yeah, 'playing small' is a good descriptor for Tyrod. Go short...go safe...tuck and run.

Mr. Miyagi
10-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Tyrod sucks. He used to at least have a deep ball, but now he has none. And he has no vision or pocket presence. Stands straight up in the pocket waiting to be sacked all day.

NEXT.

djjimkelly
10-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Tyrod sucks. He used to at least have a deep ball, but now he has none. And he has no vision or pocket presence. Stands straight up in the pocket waiting to be sacked all day.

NEXT.

add in a quarter of his throws are off his back foot. he rarely step into it. his passes are like fade aways

TigerJ
10-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Cincinnati focused on limiting the things he does well, and because he is not a terribly well rounded QB, he had nothing else he could do.. I'm happy to have Tyrod until the Bills think they have someone who can do better, but this game did nothing to make the Bills think Tyrod is a long term solution. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Buffalo gives Peterman shot in the second half of the season at some point, and I expect the Bills to use a fairly high draft pick on a QB next April.

ublinkwescore
10-08-2017, 08:31 PM
Cincinnati focused on limiting the things he does well, and because he is not a terribly well rounded QB, he had nothing else he could do.. I'm happy to have Tyrod until the Bills think they have someone who can do better, but this game did nothing to make the Bills think Tyrod is a long term solution. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Buffalo gives Peterman shot in the second half of the season at some point, and I expect the Bills to use a fairly high draft pick on a QB next April.

Better get some OL and a WR also.

sdbillsfan2
10-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Tyrod plays like a Doug Flutie wanna-bee. But, Flutie had leadership skills and played like a winner. When I see Tyrod sitting all alone on the bench with zero emotion before a crucial drive for a game winning score I see 'SMALL'.

Flutie played with no fear...the game came naturally for him.Taylor seems to be afraid of making a mistake and just can't seem to play up to critical situations. Taylor just doesn't trust himself...nice guy ...tries hard ...but this pony is useless.

97th

sahlensguy
10-08-2017, 08:43 PM

Like Baltimore said of Tyrod last year...“The game plan was to make him a quarterback,”

baalworship
10-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Tyrod was never the answer. But throw in no WR's, poor offensive line coaching, bad offensive coordinator and he's toast.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Tyrod Taylor sucks so ****ing bag. Oh, what I would't do to have Ryan Fitzputrid quarterbacking this team instead.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Tyrod was never the answer. But throw in no WR's, poor offensive line coaching, bad offensive coordinator and he's toast.
**** that. The bum has had plenty of time to find an open receiver or throw the ball away. He can't do it because he's ****ing terrible. He sees a blitz and doesn't audible out of it and let's Shady get pounded for -5 yards. He's garbage and the Bills need to bench him.

baalworship
10-08-2017, 09:28 PM
**** that. The bum has had plenty of time to find an open receiver or throw the ball away. He can't do it because he's ****ing terrible. He sees a blitz and doesn't audible out of it and let's Shady get pounded for -5 yards. He's garbage and the Bills need to bench him.

I don't think you read what I wrote.

BertSquirtgum
10-08-2017, 09:53 PM
I don't think you read what I wrote.
I did. You're saying if he had better players he would be better and I disagree. He could have Julio Jones, AJ Green, and Dez Bryant as his starting receivers and he still wouldn't be able to pass for over 200 yards. He's that bad.

baalworship
10-08-2017, 11:26 PM
I did. You're saying if he had better players he would be better and I disagree. He could have Julio Jones, AJ Green, and Dez Bryant as his starting receivers and he still wouldn't be able to pass for over 200 yards. He's that bad.

He was better last year when he had better players. He is also not good enough. Both can be true.

Frenchman
10-09-2017, 12:08 AM
He is either good or good at being a backup. But still not as elite!

YardRat
10-09-2017, 05:21 AM
1-11 when he throws the ball 30 times or more.

They do need to change their approach with Tyrod. It's exciting on the rare occasion when he can scramble around and complete something downfield, but again those occurrences are rare. If he can't throw to a guy unless he's wide open and can't go through progressions than just stick with one read and then run. Screw trying to extend the play, he's never going to be a QB and being a running back that can throw a little bit is his strength so play to it.

SpikedLemonade
10-09-2017, 05:45 AM
We need to stop wasting our time with TT.

We know he is flawed and will NEVER win a key game for you.

Historian
10-09-2017, 07:09 AM

They do need to change their approach with Tyrod. It's exciting on the rare occasion when he can scramble around and complete something downfield, but again those occurrences are rare. If he can't throw to a guy unless he's wide open and can't go through progressions than just stick with one read and then run. Screw trying to extend the play, he's never going to be a QB and being a running back that can throw a little bit is his strength so play to it.

I kept screaming at the TV for them to run a bootleg.

Either run or throw off of it.

Instead they have him stand there whilest his pocket is collapsing.

BillyT92679
10-09-2017, 10:16 AM

2-16 when down by four or more AT ANY POINT IN THE GAME is an even more astonishing stat. He literally can never, ever, play from behind. He's like 0-9 trying to do a two minute drill to win.

BillyT92679
10-09-2017, 10:20 AM
EJ did a 2 minute drill to beat the Panthers in his second start. JP Losman did back to back two minute drill wins in 2006 against the Texans and Jaguars. Fitz had multiple. Kyle Orton did as well. Tyrod has never done it in three years.

He's such an oddity. He might be better than most qbs the Bills have had, but in terms of clutch, he might be the worst out of all of them.

Bill Cody
10-09-2017, 10:31 AM
It's not about clutch. He is what he is. I think you could design an offense around him that could be pretty effective. Like Mike Shanahan's old Denver offense. Bootlegs, misdirection, screens, quick outs. You need athletic OL to play it. As has been discussed this offense does not play to Taylor's strengths. I thought the goal was to let him fail and put Peterman in, see what he has. Guess I was wrong. This will not improve if everything stays status quo. It's a boring offense with Taylor under center. When you're averaging under 20 points in today's league you suck.

BillyT92679
10-09-2017, 10:33 AM
It's not about clutch. He is what he is. I think you could design an offense around him that could be pretty effective. Like Mike Shanahan's old Denver offense. Bootlegs, misdirection, screens, quick outs. You need athletic OL to play it. As has been discussed this offense does not play to Taylor's strengths. I thought the goal was to let him fail and put Peterman in, see what he has. Guess I was wrong. This will not improve if everything stays status quo. It's a boring offense with Taylor under center. When you're averaging under 20 points in today's league you suck.the problem is, if you have to design your O around your quarterback, you have the wrong quarterback... even competent QBs make ordinary players better and can work in a variety of schemes

Bill Cody
10-09-2017, 10:38 AM
the problem is, if you have to design your O around your quarterback, you have the wrong quarterback... even competent QBs make ordinary players better and can work in a variety of schemes

Look I'm not defending Taylor. He's mediocre at best. But if you're going to play him you'd have to be blind to not be able to see what he does well and what he doesn't. This is not really a point for debate.

justasportsfan
10-09-2017, 10:55 AM
I think you could design an offense around him that could be pretty effective.

Wildcat . Thats it

BillyT92679
10-09-2017, 10:56 AM
Look I'm not defending Taylor. He's mediocre at best. But if you're going to play him you'd have to be blind to not be able to see what he does well and what he doesn't. This is not really a point for debate.

we're talking past each other... I guess my argument is a philosophical one... is it worth it trying to get the perfect scenario for him to succeed? I don't even know if it is worth it even this year... he's a Faberge egg... the slightest movement and he'll crack even if he looks good in a display case

Bill Cody
10-09-2017, 11:18 AM
we're talking past each other... I guess my argument is a philosophical one... is it worth it trying to get the perfect scenario for him to succeed? I don't even know if it is worth it even this year... he's a Faberge egg... the slightest movement and he'll crack even if he looks good in a display case

only if you want him to have a chance. I don't know what the point of setting him up to fail is either. Unless you wanted to see Peterman which I do.

baalworship
10-09-2017, 12:16 PM
2-16 when down by four or more AT ANY POINT IN THE GAME is an even more astonishing stat. He literally can never, ever, play from behind. He's like 0-9 trying to do a two minute drill to win.

There you go. Time to move on. You can't win in the NFL with that level of QB play.

Kenny
10-10-2017, 09:56 AM
There you go. Time to move on. You can't win in the NFL with that level of QB play.

While I agree TT isnt the answer, I dont think you can just assume Peterman will be any better. At this point we're 3-2, and TT has at least shown us a few decent games this year. Until we're out of the race, he has to be the guy.

justasportsfan
10-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Tyrod plays like a Doug Flutie wanna-bee. But, Flutie had leadership skills and played like a winner.

Flutie was a better passer. Not much of a leader. He was a cancer but got it done. He played to win and TT plays not to lose.