X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

The Easiest Way To Beat Tyrod Taylor

My best friends all said the same thing after the loss to the Bengals...

"Why didn't Dennison have Tyrod roll out more?

The Bengals DC devised a defense that kept Tyrod Taylor in the pocket.

Keep Taylor in the pocket and force him to throw from the pocket.

Tyrod Taylor is not a pocket passing QB.

Every Bills fan knows that is a fact.

Will the coaching staff recognize the obvious and make the obvious move?

Not until the Bills are mathematically eliminated.

I think that is the wrong move because everybody knows that Tyrod Taylor is not going to be future franchise QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Get on with it and move on.
  • Mace
    Haha...yeah you think so ?
    • Mar 2013

Re: The Easiest Way To Beat Tyrod Taylor

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post

I think that is the wrong move because everybody knows that Tyrod Taylor is not going to be future franchise QB of the Buffalo Bills.

Taylor is a 150-200 yard reliable qb on less than 30 attempts no matter what you do with him. He's not going to light it up in a hurry up or make clutch reads. Every competent DC should know to keep him in the pocket and make him pass. There's so much Dennison can do with that.

I'd rather they sacrifice the survivable, short term Taylor behind this o-line and lack of receivers.

We're 3-2 and second seed in the AFC with horrible offense that isn't trying too hard, so why try to force it when the team has too many issues to be a legitimate contender anyway ? We're doing dandy for a team that isn't ready, just let it happen and it will at a pace that looks fine to me.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Tyrod Taylor kept Tyrod Taylor in the pocket. There were several times he could have escaped but chose not to.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsImpossible
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        Tyrod Taylor kept Tyrod Taylor in the pocket. There were several times he could have escaped but chose not to.
        Because he was waiting for receivers to be open instead of anticipating them to be open, and they were open.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Because he was waiting for receivers to be open instead of anticipating them to be open, and they were open.
          Yes, that is a problem. But that problem doesn't prevent him from using his legs and getting out of trouble. He did far too little of that on Sun.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Perhaps.

CIN's DEs are very good at containment. Atkins leads the interior push. He is disruptive. Good for them.

The CIN DL engaged the weakish OL, with an eye to stop TT from trotting. It wasn't as if they had to worry about the BUF wrs. It worked, and resulted in six sacks of a nifty runner. And they did it with their DL - CIN seldom blitzes.

Once they saw what CIN was successfully pulling off, BUF coaching should have made sure safety-valve, come-back receiver options were there for Taylor.

And if you can't do that..take action, coaches! Go creative. End-arounds! Shovel passes! Deep pitches! Hitches!

I have no explanation as to why the BUF DL didn't demolish CIN's craptacular OL...that's a point to ponder IMO.
            Last edited by stuckincincy; 10-09-2017, 10:11 PM.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Homegrown
              Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
              • Jul 2008

Well thanks a lot - now you've gone out and told the rest of the league ....just when the juggernaut Bills passing game was huming

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by stuckincincy View Post
                Perhaps.

CIN's DEs are very good at containment. Atkins leads the interior push. He is disruptive. Good for them.

The CIN DL engaged the weakish OL, with an eye to stop TT from trotting. It wasn't as if they had to worry about the BUF wrs. It worked, and resulted in six sacks of a nifty runner. And they did it with their DL - CIN seldom blitzes.

Once they saw what CIN was successfully pulling off, BUF coaching should have made sure safety-valve, come-back receiver options were there for Taylor.

And if you can't do that..take action, coaches! Go creative. End-arounds! Shovel passes! Deep pitches! Hitches!

I have no explanation as to why the BUF DL didn't demolish CIN's craptacular OL...that's a point to ponder IMO.
                Tyrod had the opportunity to escape at least 3 of those sacks by just running. I'm not saying he would have gotten huge gains or first downs, but he could have gotten positive yards instead of negative.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• stuckincincy
                  Buffalo Bills Fan
                  • Sep 2003

Yes, but it's split-second stuff, with the added stress of big people wanting to squash you. Next game, the split-decision changes and he scoots for big yards.

I'm surprised they aren't running more quick tempo offense, btw. If you are a bit down on the skill position talent, it can be a crutch.
                  Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

I’m watching Tyrod become afraid to run because he got bruised earlier in the game.
                    The only way he’s really useful to the team is running, he’s not a pocket passer like the scheme calls for.

It looks like he quit to me there at the end, stood there drooling even more than normal on the last drive.
                    Last edited by Skooby; 10-10-2017, 04:43 AM.

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Taylor did attempt to step up into the pocket several times. He got caught and sacked a couple of times. He has no pocket awareness. So you can add that to a list of his warts. He held on to the ball to long often. He's just not NFL starter material. The last time I'm at the point of frustration I was with watching Losman and Fitzpatrick. Enough is enough OBD. Look at Peterman. Plan on lumping together draft picks and getting somebody above the Eli Manning line.

Comment

• Kenny
                        • Aug 2004

Tyrod had the opportunity to escape at least 3 of those sacks by just running. I'm not saying he would have gotten huge gains or first downs, but he could have gotten positive yards instead of negative.
                        This is what I dont get about TT this year. HUGE difference between previous years.
                        There were plenty of opportunities for him to step up and run, but chose to just stand there like a statue. I've defended TT in the past, but this was just unacceptable. He lost us this game.

Comment

• jamze132
                          • Jun 2003

Until we get Matthews back and Zay learns how to catch, Tyrod needs to use his legs more. It would open up the deep ball too.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                            • Jul 2002

Franchise QBs don't grow on trees at 1 Bills Drive. There is no franchise QB on the roster. Hoping that Peterman will be a franchise QB when his limitations caused him to fall to the 5th round is dreaming.
                            Based on your theory, just about any guy can become a franchise QB if he hasn't taken a snap in the NFL as long as he's on a roster.
                            When EJ put himself up as a stock, I said I'd like to be able to short that stock.
                            I'd like to be able to short-stock Peterman, because his odds of becoming a franchise QB are just slightly better than all the other backups we've had over the years only because he hasn't flamed out yet and they already have.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                              This is what I dont get about TT this year. HUGE difference between previous years.
                              There were plenty of opportunities for him to step up and run, but chose to just stand there like a statue. I've defended TT in the past, but this was just unacceptable. He lost us this game.
                              I'm not an Xs & Os guy & I haven't studied the formations, but could it be that our receivers in the past required double teaming and now, with our feeble receiving corps, the other teams can keep an extra guy around the line to prevent Tyrod from getting loose on runs? If I was an opposing DC, I'd see that there's no need to double team receivers & would keep a spy on Taylor to prevent him from running.

Comment

Working...
                              X