PDA

View Full Version : Should we Trade Cordy Glenn for a TE or WR?

Mahdi
10-09-2017, 10:42 PM
We have Seantrel coming back, Dawkins playing well and they seem set at RT.

There are so many teams in need of a solid starting caliber LT. Cordy also has a cap friendly contract I think.

We could get a solid offensive weapon like Jimmy Graham or Keenan Allen (Mike Williams may play week 6). It seems a stretch but those two teams would benefit from blind side protection more than having those two.

Rivers and Wilson are under constant pressure... anyway just possibilities but I think the concept is realistic.

ICRockets
10-09-2017, 10:45 PM
No.

kingJofNYC
10-09-2017, 11:36 PM
Seantrel could be cut tomorrow, why is anyone counting on him for anything, he hasn't done anything for two seasons.

Wally The Barber
10-10-2017, 04:08 AM
How do you trade an injury prone LT?

Maybe after the season

Ginger Vitis
10-10-2017, 05:37 AM
The Bills are not set at RT.. Jordan Mills is awful most of the time

YardRat
10-10-2017, 05:50 AM
I wouldn't, I'm trying to hang on to as many offensive linemen that can play that I can.

Mace
10-10-2017, 09:00 AM

There are so many teams in need of a solid starting caliber LT. Cordy also has a cap friendly contract I think.

We could get a solid offensive weapon like Jimmy Graham or Keenan Allen (Mike Williams may play week 6). It seems a stretch but those two teams would benefit from blind side protection more than having those two.

Rivers and Wilson are under constant pressure... anyway just possibilities but I think the concept is realistic.

Well :
- he's 14.2 million dead money this year, around 8 million or so next
- Dawkins is not playing so well, he just struggled much with fellow rookie Bengal Carl Lawson
- we're one of the teams that needs a starting caliber LT, and as you pointed out that would be Glenn
- Taylor is under constant pressure like Rivers and Wilson, because of a struggling OL, a starting caliber LT would help
- using solid weapons in the passing game requires giving Taylor time to pass, which requires a starting caliber LT, which as you pointed out is Glenn, who costs 22 or so million in dead money before 2019

So I'd agree with IC's summary of "no".

Ed
10-10-2017, 12:03 PM
You can't trade Glenn unless he's healthy, and a healthy Glenn would be a welcome addition to this offense. So no.

Pennywise
10-10-2017, 12:48 PM
You can’t trade an injured player, can you?

Cordy’s clitoris will have to heal first.

Bill Cody
10-10-2017, 01:10 PM
if we traded him I'd want a pick back not a player.

baalworship
10-10-2017, 01:59 PM
Many NFL teams are looking for a left tackle as good as Glenn. Trading him and not having an adequate replacement (Dawkins is not it) would be a Browns like move.

jamze132
10-10-2017, 02:00 PM
What we need to do is a trade a pick for a flippin WR who can run a route and catch a ball if we're going to have any chance this year.

Bill Cody
10-12-2017, 01:03 PM
Any update on Glenn? Never expected him to be out this long

SpikedLemonade
10-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Let's trade Glenn for a double mixed pack of this...

http://www.wyswings.com/

The Beef
10-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Let's trade Glenn for a double mixed pack of this...

http://www.wyswings.com/

Whatever happened to Wys? That guy LOVED Bledsoe.

SpikedLemonade
10-14-2017, 07:34 AM

If we can get 6 BBQ Dinners from Dallas for Dareus, may be can get 6 side dishes for Glenn.

SpikedLemonade
10-14-2017, 07:36 AM
Whatever happened to Wys? That guy LOVED Bledsoe.

I wasn't on the board when he exited but he is selling his sauce successfully these days.

Mr. Pink
10-14-2017, 12:24 PM
Why trade for a WR, the QB doesn't even target them anyway. Zay Jones leads the team at 4 targets a game.

Go sign Barnidge.