Could the Bills trade for Eli Manning ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Could the Bills trade for Eli Manning ??

The Giants are going into rebuilding mode, looks like they’ll need extra picks which we have and we need a pocket QB. What does everyone think ??
    Last edited by Skooby; 10-10-2017, 05:16 AM.
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: Could the Bills trade for Eli Manning ??

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    The Giants are going into rebuilding mode, looks like they’ll need extra picks which we have and we need a pocket QB. What does everyone think ??
    what do I think? please stop.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

Why would you want the bills to trade for Manning when you think Peterman is the next Tom Brady

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

Yea Skoob just stop.

Talk about realistic trades not FF trades.

Yikes

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

No, I don't want to give up assets, I'd rather find my own QB in the draft. Besides that, Eli really isn't that good anyway. Yeah he'll most likely end up in the HOF because of the two Super Bowls, but the rest of his career isn't anything special. He'll be in the undeserving category with Griese and Starr, IMO.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

It's hard to bring in any QB at this point. You don't just come to a team, learn the playbook in a week, then play.

Comment

• kishoph
              • Jun 2003

Manning is 36 years old and although he's never suffered a serious injury, he's taken a beating over 12-13 years. I think Eli will retire as a Giant.

Comment

• Spartacus
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                No, I don't want to give up assets, I'd rather find my own QB in the draft. Besides that, Eli really isn't that good anyway. Yeah he'll most likely end up in the HOF because of the two Super Bowls, but the rest of his career isn't anything special. He'll be in the undeserving category with Griese and Starr, IMO.
                Bart Starr undeserving?

The greatest qb to ever play the game? Are you nuts?
                My tebya razdavim

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Eli is pretty average most of the time. The best thing about him is that he's clutch. He always comes through when it counts.

The problem is that we don't have the talent that could get him into a position where being clutch matters, and we won't get there if we trade all our draft picks to get him.

And he's a bit long in the tooth so it would be a temp fix at best.

It would wreak of the Bledsoe trade all over again.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                    Skoobasaurus-Rex
                    • Oct 2011

What would our record be with Eli at QB ?

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

I'm not gonna lie, after the Giants' start to the season, I thought about Eli as the possible veteran presence next season to start until whoever they draft is ready. If we get good Eli, he might be able to play a couple of seasons. If we get bad Eli, he gets benched and the youngster gets thrown to the wolves. I'm not sure it's realistic, but the thought definitely crossed my mind.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Not unless we move someone like Dareus for him, as the whole cap situation would be the problematic thing. As my paying Tyrod below market value the Bills have allowed them to use cap resources on other positions see D-line and Safety. As good as Eli is I'm not sure gutting the rest of the team for him is worth it.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                          Skoobasaurus-Rex
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                          Not unless we move someone like Dareus for him, as the whole cap situation would be the problematic thing. As my paying Tyrod below market value the Bills have allowed them to use cap resources on other positions see D-line and Safety. As good as Eli is I'm not sure gutting the rest of the team for him is worth it.
                          If we have a franchise pocket passer, we’d win more games and probably make the playoffs. Right now it’s good game QB and terrible game scrambling fool, you don’t win in the long-haul with inconsistent play at arguably the most important position.

Peyton went to a well-coached team with a great defense that was missing a QB, so it’s all in the family in my opinion. The Giants also just lost their franchise WR, quite possibly one of the league’s best. So where is Eli going at 0-5 & his team completely in shambles around him ?? No where.
                          Last edited by Skooby; 10-10-2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
                            I'm not gonna lie, after the Giants' start to the season, I thought about Eli as the possible veteran presence next season to start until whoever they draft is ready. If we get good Eli, he might be able to play a couple of seasons. If we get bad Eli, he gets benched and the youngster gets thrown to the wolves. I'm not sure it's realistic, but the thought definitely crossed my mind.
                            Eli has at least a few good seasons left and could help us win now, attract better FA’s & help the new QB we draft along with his vast experience. Eli has a few rings, he’s clutch.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                              Skoobasaurus-Rex
                              • Oct 2011

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl...3EAEAEA&sr=amp

Close call in Cincy, but indicative of the
                              Bills' season. The outcome was completely contingent on the performance of the offense. As surprisingly well as Buffalo has fared thus far, Tyrod Taylor and Co. must be able to put together a drive when necessary. On Sunday, Buffalo was down 20-16 with 3:33 remaining and 75 yards to paydirt. Here's the three-play progression: sack, none-yard gain, interception. The total offensive output? 221 yards. I don't care if Sean McDermott is trotting out a defense with Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett, Fred Smerlas and Mark Kelso -- it won't make a darn bit of difference when the passing game can't even put 200 yards on the board.

Comment

Working...
                              X