PDA

View Full Version : Could the Bills trade for Eli Manning ??

Skooby
10-10-2017, 05:13 AM
The Giants are going into rebuilding mode, looks like they’ll need extra picks which we have and we need a pocket QB. What does everyone think ??

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-10-2017, 05:29 AM
The Giants are going into rebuilding mode, looks like they’ll need extra picks which we have and we need a pocket QB. What does everyone think ??

what do I think? please stop.

Ginger Vitis
10-10-2017, 05:33 AM

Why would you want the bills to trade for Manning when you think Peterman is the next Tom Brady

Historian
10-10-2017, 05:49 AM
Yea Skoob just stop.

Talk about realistic trades not FF trades.

Yikes

YardRat
10-10-2017, 05:56 AM
No, I don't want to give up assets, I'd rather find my own QB in the draft. Besides that, Eli really isn't that good anyway. Yeah he'll most likely end up in the HOF because of the two Super Bowls, but the rest of his career isn't anything special. He'll be in the undeserving category with Griese and Starr, IMO.

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2017, 05:58 AM
It's hard to bring in any QB at this point. You don't just come to a team, learn the playbook in a week, then play.

kishoph
10-10-2017, 06:03 AM
Manning is 36 years old and although he's never suffered a serious injury, he's taken a beating over 12-13 years. I think Eli will retire as a Giant.

CommissarSpartacus
10-10-2017, 07:12 AM
No, I don't want to give up assets, I'd rather find my own QB in the draft. Besides that, Eli really isn't that good anyway. Yeah he'll most likely end up in the HOF because of the two Super Bowls, but the rest of his career isn't anything special. He'll be in the undeserving category with Griese and Starr, IMO.

Bart Starr undeserving?

The greatest qb to ever play the game? Are you nuts?

OpIv37
10-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Eli is pretty average most of the time. The best thing about him is that he's clutch. He always comes through when it counts.

The problem is that we don't have the talent that could get him into a position where being clutch matters, and we won't get there if we trade all our draft picks to get him.

And he's a bit long in the tooth so it would be a temp fix at best.

It would wreak of the Bledsoe trade all over again.

Skooby
10-10-2017, 09:07 AM
What would our record be with Eli at QB ?

Jeff1220
10-10-2017, 09:13 AM
I'm not gonna lie, after the Giants' start to the season, I thought about Eli as the possible veteran presence next season to start until whoever they draft is ready. If we get good Eli, he might be able to play a couple of seasons. If we get bad Eli, he gets benched and the youngster gets thrown to the wolves. I'm not sure it's realistic, but the thought definitely crossed my mind.

The Jokeman
10-10-2017, 09:13 AM

Not unless we move someone like Dareus for him, as the whole cap situation would be the problematic thing. As my paying Tyrod below market value the Bills have allowed them to use cap resources on other positions see D-line and Safety. As good as Eli is I'm not sure gutting the rest of the team for him is worth it.

Skooby
10-10-2017, 10:43 AM
Not unless we move someone like Dareus for him, as the whole cap situation would be the problematic thing. As my paying Tyrod below market value the Bills have allowed them to use cap resources on other positions see D-line and Safety. As good as Eli is I'm not sure gutting the rest of the team for him is worth it.
If we have a franchise pocket passer, we’d win more games and probably make the playoffs. Right now it’s good game QB and terrible game scrambling fool, you don’t win in the long-haul with inconsistent play at arguably the most important position.

Peyton went to a well-coached team with a great defense that was missing a QB, so it’s all in the family in my opinion. The Giants also just lost their franchise WR, quite possibly one of the league’s best. So where is Eli going at 0-5 & his team completely in shambles around him ?? No where.

Skooby
10-10-2017, 10:51 AM
I'm not gonna lie, after the Giants' start to the season, I thought about Eli as the possible veteran presence next season to start until whoever they draft is ready. If we get good Eli, he might be able to play a couple of seasons. If we get bad Eli, he gets benched and the youngster gets thrown to the wolves. I'm not sure it's realistic, but the thought definitely crossed my mind.
Eli has at least a few good seasons left and could help us win now, attract better FA’s & help the new QB we draft along with his vast experience. Eli has a few rings, he’s clutch.

Skooby
10-10-2017, 10:53 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000859501/article/nfl-power-rankings-week-6-philadelphia-eagles-fly-up-to-no-2%3FnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%253Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%253Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%253Dpower-rankings%253Bplyr%253Djoseph_flacco%253Bplyr%253Dmatthew_moore%253Bplyr%253Deric_weddle&p.ct=Power%20Rankings&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%2523666666&p.bgc1m=%2523EAEAEA&sr=amp

Close call in Cincy, but indicative of the Bills (http://www.nfl.com/teams/buffalobills/profile?team=BUF)' season. The outcome was completely contingent on the performance of the offense. As surprisingly well as Buffalo has fared thus far, Tyrod Taylor (http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrodtaylor/2495240/profile) and Co. must be able to put together a drive when necessary. On Sunday, Buffalo was down 20-16 with 3:33 remaining and 75 yards to paydirt. Here's the three-play progression: sack, none-yard gain, interception (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000858246/George-Iloka-puts-the-exclamation-point-win-over-Bills-with-INT). The total offensive output? 221 yards. I don't care if Sean McDermott is trotting out a defense with Bruce Smith, Cornelius Bennett, Fred Smerlas and Mark Kelso -- it won't make a darn bit of difference when the passing game can't even put 200 yards on the board.

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2017, 10:55 AM

5-0

Ed
10-10-2017, 10:56 AM
I can't stand Eli. I think he's one of the most overrated qbs ever. He turns the ball over 20+ times a year and in critical situations. He'll be 37 in January and has cap hits of 22+ and 23+ mil in 2018 and 2019.

Even if you think he's good and worth it, he'd never agree to a trade here so why even discuss it as a possibility?

Ed
10-10-2017, 10:58 AM
5-0
I guess Eli doesn't have anything to do with the Giants being 0-5.

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2017, 10:59 AM
What do your sources say?

Skooby
10-10-2017, 11:01 AM
What do your sources say?
Tyrod is serviceable but not a starter & you really can’t coach happy feet in a pocket passer based offense. Pegula wants wins now and the Giants are going to be drafting very high, possibly 1st for a QB. So where does Eli stand then ?? He’s out of that starting gig next year or the one after. Peyton felt that pressure as well when Luck was drafted.

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2017, 11:01 AM
I guess Eli doesn't have anything to do with the Giants being 0-5.
Nope. That would be all the receivers drops and the terrible defense.

Ed
10-10-2017, 11:06 AM
I guess you missed where he fumbled the game away at the end of the 4th quarter against the Chargers, or the first two games where they scored a total of 13 points.

Bill Cody
10-10-2017, 11:15 AM
The Giants would be 5-0 with tie rod under center:zonelunch

DraftBoy
10-10-2017, 11:18 AM
Eli is pretty average most of the time. The best thing about him is that he's clutch. He always comes through when it counts.

The problem is that we don't have the talent that could get him into a position where being clutch matters, and we won't get there if we trade all our draft picks to get him.

And he's a bit long in the tooth so it would be a temp fix at best.

It would wreak of the Bledsoe trade all over again.

You say that knowing that we are one clutch throw and one clutch drive from being 5-0. I'm not sure that's an accurate assessment of this teams talent.

justasportsfan
10-10-2017, 11:21 AM
no thanks.

Just draft a franchise qb. Enough playing around with that position.

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2017, 11:22 AM
You say that knowing that we are one clutch throw and one clutch drive from being 5-0. I'm not sure that's an accurate assessment of this teams talent.
Exactly.

Bill Cody
10-10-2017, 11:23 AM
the funny thing is the Giants will be picking early and looking to draft a QB

Skooby
10-10-2017, 12:05 PM
the funny thing is the Giants will be picking early and looking to draft a QB
So that leaves Eli in the cold if they draft near 1st spot doesn’t it ? So they can cut ties to a low $20 Million a year Guy, assure a high-draft pick & use that cap savings to bring in new talent to compliment OBJ. It’s an all-around win-win for them. We would probably have to give them both first round picks this season and a second next year but it gives them 3 first round picks in the 2018 draft and no normal Giants fan would argue with that. When your team needs to rebuild, the 1st / 21st and 29th pick in the first round is a great way to start isn’t it ??

We are a franchise QB away from touching the playoffs IMO, Eli is that guy. If anyone doesn’t think this is sound or bad for both teams, they haven’t fully thought it out.

Wally The Barber
10-10-2017, 12:09 PM
Why would you want the bills to trade for Manning when you think Peterman is the next Tom Brady

this ^

Ed
10-10-2017, 12:11 PM
So that leaves Eli in the cold if they draft near 1st spot doesn’t it ? So they can cut ties to a low $20 Million a year Guy, assure a high-draft pick & use that cap savings to bring in new talent to compliment OBJ. It’s an all-around win-win for them. We would probably have to give them both first round picks this season and a second next year but it gives them 3 first round picks in the 2018 draft and no normal Giants fan would argue with that. When your team needs to rebuild, the 1st / 21st and 29th pick in the first round is a great way to start isn’t it ??

We are a franchise QB away from touching the playoffs IMO, Eli is that guy. If anyone doesn’t think this is sound or bad for both teams, they haven’t fully thought it out.

Two firsts and a second for a 37 year old Eli Manning? That would easily go down as one of the worst moves this franchise has ever made.

And you're still ignoring the fact that he would never come here.

Skooby
10-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Two firsts and a second for a 37 year old Eli Manning? That would easily go down as one of the worst moves this franchise has ever made.

And you're still ignoring the fact that he would never come here.
Is this like a ~36 YO Peyton Manning leaving the colts ? Eli also doesn’t have spinal issues, so try again. I see a lot of similarities between Denver and us, including the fact that their defense was tops in most categories. We took the ball away enough to win this past Sunday, we could make the playoffs solely on their play.

How did that work out for Denver and Peyton ? Glorious ride into the sunset for Peyton and a Denver championship, gee wouldn’t that be swell for us ?

Bill Cody
10-10-2017, 01:07 PM

seriously put down the crack pipe. 2 firsts and a second from a guy maybe 2 years away from retirement with a huge cap #? Do you even stop for 1 second to think before you hit post? This will never ever happen for a bunch of reasons nor should it.

Mr. Pink
10-10-2017, 02:25 PM
He would actually be exciting to watch.

Don't like him as a player, don't think he offers the team really anything beyond watchability. But bring it on!

Ed
10-10-2017, 04:04 PM
Is this like a ~36 YO Peyton Manning leaving the colts ? Eli also doesn’t have spinal issues, so try again. I see a lot of similarities between Denver and us, including the fact that their defense was tops in most categories. We took the ball away enough to win this past Sunday, we could make the playoffs solely on their play.

How did that work out for Denver and Peyton ? Glorious ride into the sunset for Peyton and a Denver championship, gee wouldn’t that be swell for us ?
No it's not like the Peyton Manning situation. Peyton was a much better qb than Eli, and Denver didn't give up a single pick. They signed him as a FA. So try again.

Night Train
10-10-2017, 04:44 PM
What a horrible idea.

swiper
10-10-2017, 05:09 PM

LOL. STUPID!!! I saw a patient who took me to a Bills/Giants game in the Meadowlands several years back. That was the pink shoe game where Fitzpatrick hit Naaman Roosevelt for a long TD pass. He's had season tickets forever. I said to him, "you know why the Giants lost 4 WRs on Sunday to injury? It's because Eli throws 10 feet over their heads. Beckham had to jump and stretch for a lousy pass and broke his ankle." He stopped me mid-sentence and said his season tickets put him up close. He said Eli throws high and behind all the time. For the past 2 years. Eli is more than done. Mitch with ANOTHER stupid thread. Just ban this piece of ****.

swiper
10-10-2017, 05:15 PM
Every Giants fan, Reese and the Maras all know Eli is the problem. They are going full in to get a replacement in the off-season. The Bills will fight the 49ers, Jets, Giant, Cardinals at least for QB prospects.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey look at how stupid the town drunk is.

Here's the exact reason the Giants are 0-5. And every Giant fan agrees this is the problem:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/skip-bayless-explains-how-eli-mannings-accuracy-issues-have-put-the-giants-in-a-tough-position/vp-AAtghSM

swiper
10-10-2017, 05:32 PM
Eli Manning is a Giant for Life, but Big Blue needs to bench quarterback after next five games (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-bench-eli-manning-5-games-article-1.3551627)

Pennywise
10-10-2017, 06:58 PM

2-3.....maybe 1-4?

YardRat
10-10-2017, 07:33 PM
Is Eli really clutch?

endzone
10-10-2017, 08:27 PM

Skooby (http://www.buffalorange.com/member.php?u=15402) Could the Bills trade for Eli Manning ?? The Giants are going into rebuilding mode, looks like they’ll need extra picks which we have and we need a pocket QB. What does
everyone think ??

How many message boards do you need?

Skooby
10-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Skooby (http://www.buffalorange.com/member.php?u=15402) Could the Bills trade for Eli Manning ?? The Giants are going into rebuilding mode, looks like they’ll need extra picks which we have and we need a pocket QB. What does
everyone think ??

How many message boards do you need?

I get around.

Mouldsie
10-10-2017, 09:01 PM
IF Eli was on the trade block THEN the Jags would be way more aggressive in obtaining him.

BertSquirtgum
10-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Some of you guys are silly. Eli is a great quarterback. While skoobys trade idea is insanity at it's finest. We could be so lucky to have Eli instead of the worst of the worst in Tyrod Taylor.

Skooby
10-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Some of you guys are silly. Eli is a great quarterback. While skoobys trade idea is insanity at it's finest. We could be so lucky to have Eli instead of the worst of the worst in Tyrod Taylor.
Can this be translated to English please ?

stuckincincy
10-10-2017, 09:52 PM

Yes. For a fee, of course.

Any Latin translations incur additional charge, and must be requested over the phone and are subject to billable hours rates. This service requires a retainer arrangement, though.

Mad Max
10-10-2017, 10:07 PM
sure let’s trade valuable assets for a QB on the down side of his career...

NO MORE picking trash out of other teams dumpsters is my hope for this team.

SMH with some of these stupid trade suggestions.

Skooby
10-11-2017, 01:27 AM
Yes. For a fee, of course.

Any Latin translations incur additional charge, and must be requested over the phone and are subject to billable hours rates. This service requires a retainer arrangement, though.

Done deal, not what does this mean ??

P.S. E pluribus unum.

- - - Updated - - -

sure let’s trade valuable assets for a QB on the down side of his career...

NO MORE picking trash out of other teams dumpsters is my hope for this team.

SMH with some of these stupid trade suggestions.

Eli is better than Tyrod.

swiper
10-11-2017, 04:43 AM

Idiots unite!

Skooby
10-11-2017, 05:46 AM
Idiots unite!
You sure do.

swiper
10-11-2017, 07:26 AM
You sure do.

You're too stupid to understand that is directed squarely at you.

You can't find respect on 6 different Bills bulletin boards. Why don't you just shut up and go away.

Skooby
10-11-2017, 08:31 AM
You're too stupid to understand that is directed squarely at you.
Why don't you just shut up and go away.
Ditto.

- - - Updated - - -

Here’s an idea that just popped up:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/11/should-the-jaguars-make-a-play-for-eli-manning/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/11/should-the-jaguars-make-a-play-for-eli-manning/)

swiper
10-11-2017, 08:52 AM
Uh? Do you follow these threads? Someone mentioned that above. The connection with Coughlin is just common sense, which you clearly lack.

Albany,n.y.
10-11-2017, 01:05 PM
We're not trading for Eli manning, but the Giants are becoming a bigger laughingstock every week. Today Dominique Rodgers-Cromarte walked into coach McAdoo's office, said he was leaving the team & was suspended. McAdoo will not be around to benefit from the high draft choice his coaching will get the Giants in the 2018 draft.

swiper
10-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Meanwhile Coughlin sits in the press box in Jacksonville with a big smile on his face.

Skooby
10-11-2017, 02:13 PM
We're not trading for Eli manning, but the Giants are becoming a bigger laughingstock every week. Today Dominique Rodgers-Cromarte walked into coach McAdoo's office, said he was leaving the team & was suspended. McAdoo will not be around to benefit from the high draft choice his coaching will get the Giants in the 2018 draft.

Seems like the rats are leaving the ship, usually more rats follow.

Skooby
10-23-2017, 09:12 PM

A few Bills heading to NYC I hear, hmmm....

The Beef
10-23-2017, 09:18 PM
Probably both facing suspensions.