View Full Version : Besides QB.. 2 OL, 2 WR's Needed Next Off-Season

Night Train
10-10-2017, 04:56 PM
..But just throw Peterman in.

That will solve everything..

:whistling:stupid:

swiper
10-10-2017, 05:04 PM
I don't think that anyone has said that. Maybe the Peterman trolls like BI or Mitch. I try so hard not to read those dotards. But no one else said that was the only problem. It's just the biggest problem. Someone posted that Rochester newspaper article this morning. It underscores the warts the roster has.

Including this season, McDermott & Beane wil use 3 years to craft their roster IMO. It's a work in progress that has stole a couple. That's a testament to good coaching.

YardRat
10-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Starting White, Jones, Dawkins etc isn't going to solve everything either...and nobody is worried about 'ruining' them.

If something isn't working, try and fix it. What's wrong with that?

Mace
10-10-2017, 07:37 PM
..But just throw Peterman in.

That will solve everything..

:whistling:stupid:

Those 6 picks in the first three rounds could do a hella lot if they don't sell them. With what I've seen from the team so far and what could be possible....those picks (with a scouting dept on the same page as the program philosophy, which they're fostering...), oh the possibilities ! Makes me giddy.

Mace
10-10-2017, 07:46 PM
Starting White, Jones, Dawkins etc isn't going to solve everything either...and nobody is worried about 'ruining' them.

If something isn't working, try and fix it. What's wrong with that?

QB just isn't the same thing. Sounds heartless, but wouldn't you rather they use up the temp (who runs better than he passes behind a feeble OL with no WR's) and try and do it right with the potential ? We're not a contender, we're playing at the highest level we can under the circumstances, let the program develop, it's working as intended, imho. When they're ready for Peterman, you'll see him. If Peterman takes the job, he'll take it. This isn't the year for glory, it's the year that sets up tomorrow. You can see they're flawed, that this isn't the year, I don't see why anyone wants to force it.

YardRat
10-10-2017, 07:50 PM
QB just isn't the same thing. Sounds heartless, but wouldn't you rather they use up the temp (who runs better than he passes behind a feeble OL with no WR's) and try and do it right with the potential ? We're not a contender, we're playing at the highest level we can under the circumstances, let the program develop, it's working as intended, imho. When they're ready for Peterman, you'll see him. If Peterman takes the job, he'll take it. This isn't the year for glory, it's the year that sets up tomorrow. You can see they're flawed, that this isn't the year, I don't see why anyone wants to force it.

I don't think they should force it. As a matter of fact, I'm on record more than once stating McD shouldn't pull the plug on Tyrod too early. I just don't think 'it isn't going to solve everything' and 'we have to be careful not to ruin him' are valid rationale for not doing it.

streetkings01
10-10-2017, 08:32 PM
Eagles and Rams solved their receivers issue in one offseason........we should be able to do the same.