PDA

View Full Version : What? Me Worry? The media & the Bills.

BLUTO
10-10-2017, 07:45 PM
All pre-season everyone thought this would be a 5 or 6 win Bills team. Based on overall roster talent and our QB history for the past 2 years this was pretty much a given.

Suddenly, with the same talent and inconsistent QB play, we beat Denver & Atlanta and fans are thinking play-offs. Complaints about the roster and coaching started after the loss to the Bengals. The local media seems to love promoting the reasons for losing games instead of looking at the positives with the new GM and coaching staff.

The Bills have lost 2 games by a total of 10 points. We lost to Carolina and they beat New England. We lost to the Bengals at Cincinnati with Andy Dalton as an experienced, better-than-average NFL QB.

We missed Clay, Humber, Gaines, Glenn & Matthews in that game. That's tough for a team with a less than spectacular roster.

Forget the media! The Bills are going in the right direction!!

GO BILLS!

Generalissimus Gibby
10-11-2017, 01:08 AM
They are headed in the right direction, but this is not a playoff team (yet). I had them penciled in at 3-13 to 4-12 because this was and is a daunting schedule mixed with a freshman coach and inexperienced team. That said, at least so far they will probably end up with 6 to 8 wins and except for the yearly massacre in the second Cheaties game (what, Belichick and Brady always feast on you the second time because they know what you did right and wrong and what they did right and wrong and they adjust accordingly. It's just the way they do things) will probably be in every game they play until the last drive. So the bad news is I think the drought makes it 18 years.

That was the bad news. The good? This coaching staff and management team feels very different than previous administrations. Not only do I get the feeling that they know what they want to do, I get the sense that what they want to do is logical and will make us winners. I expect a breakout year that includes a playoff spot next year. Frankly, they win one more game this year then they are playing with house money the rest of the season. They stumble and bumble and tumble and rumble into January this year well I won't complain. So in short the future is bright and they are already exceeding my expectations.

Pennywise
10-11-2017, 09:29 AM
No offense, Gibby but why should I believe you when you say they aren’t a playoff team when your early season prediction is so far off?

I think this team very well may make the post season.

OpIv37
10-11-2017, 02:54 PM
All pre-season everyone thought this would be a 5 or 6 win Bills team. Based on overall roster talent and our QB history for the past 2 years this was pretty much a given.

Suddenly, with the same talent and inconsistent QB play, we beat Denver & Atlanta and fans are thinking play-offs. Complaints about the roster and coaching started after the loss to the Bengals. The local media seems to love promoting the reasons for losing games instead of looking at the positives with the new GM and coaching staff.

The Bills have lost 2 games by a total of 10 points. We lost to Carolina and they beat New England. We lost to the Bengals at Cincinnati with Andy Dalton as an experienced, better-than-average NFL QB.

We missed Clay, Humber, Gaines, Glenn & Matthews in that game. That's tough for a team with a less than spectacular roster.

Forget the media! The Bills are going in the right direction!!

GO BILLS!

Funny how you are complaining about bias, yet you mention our injuries while neglecting to mention that Cincy was without their top two CB's and Tyrod still couldn't throw the ball against them.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-11-2017, 04:38 PM
No offense, Gibby but why should I believe you when you say they aren’t a playoff team when your early season prediction is so far off?

I think this team very well may make the post season.

Because they got lucky in Atlanta, could not come up with the points when they needed them against Carolina and Cincy and one of their wins came against the Jets. Also, they have this irritating habit of starting out decently and then fading away to nothing in recent years.

Pennywise
10-11-2017, 04:49 PM
Because they got lucky in Atlanta, could not come up with the points when they needed them against Carolina and Cincy and one of their wins came against the Jets. Also, they have this irritating habit of starting out decently and then fading away to nothing in recent years.

But, yet, you say this coaching staff and management feels different.

You are speaking out both sides of your mouth.

OpIv37
10-11-2017, 08:45 PM
But, yet, you say this coaching staff and management feels different.

You are speaking out both sides of your mouth.

I've heard that at least 5 times since 1999. The problem is systemic. It starts with Pegula and Brandon and that hasn't changed.

Historian
10-12-2017, 03:01 AM
You know OP, I'm the first person to **** on Brandon, and I hope he dies of syphilis, but I gotta tell ya...

I haven't heard his name mentioned once this entire season.

And I don't think it's a coincidence the team has looked as organized as it has since the drought began.

I don't think this is a playoff team yet, but to be honest, at least these games have been watchable.

It's nice to be able to scream at the television again.

Historian
10-12-2017, 03:52 AM
https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22281937_1494578233955716_2728763909744610282_n.jpg?oh=20e21ee94629db330592a935f14ccd00&oe=5A43115B

The Beef
10-12-2017, 06:32 AM
Don't worry but Tampa is going to beat the breaks off us in 2 weeks.

The only hope is Winston throws 4 or 5 picks and the defense picks up a couple of touchdowns.

We have zero threats in the air with Matthews and Clay out.

baalworship
10-12-2017, 07:20 AM
I've heard that at least 5 times since 1999. The problem is systemic. It starts with Pegula and Brandon and that hasn't changed.

It feels different. The Bills under Pegula are now cutting costs and salaries so fast that Ralph Wilson would blush.

endzone
10-14-2017, 06:43 PM
You know OP, I'm the first person to **** on Brandon, and I hope he dies of syphilis, but I gotta tell ya...

I haven't heard his name mentioned once this entire season.

And I don't think it's a coincidence the team has looked as organized as it has since the drought began.

I don't think this is a playoff team yet, but to be honest, at least these games have been watchable.

It's nice to be able to scream at the television again.

I agree! It's better entertainment. Is Brandon now screwing up the Sabres??

YardRat
10-14-2017, 07:05 PM

It's nice that you've created your own little transitional bridge (Wilson to Wilson/Brandon to Brandon/Pegula which will will eventually become Pegula) so that you can continue your 'nothing has changed because the people are the same' false narrative however far into the future the team doesn't win a title.

Night Train
10-14-2017, 07:17 PM
I never care what the Buffalo media has to say about the Bills, since I have my own set of eyes. Many opinions derive from being jaded in the past, much like many here.

This is a LONG TERM build. The roster is still several positions short, led by the QB. I think we have the right Coach and GM where we can actually give them a few years to make this work.

Once they stocked up on picks for this next draft, I knew we had something different here. I have zero problem with the current state of affairs because I don't expect much right now. They have a good plan to improve this team beyond 2017.

What the media has to say falls on deaf ears.

Pennywise
10-14-2017, 07:53 PM
Don't worry but Tampa is going to beat the breaks off us in 2 weeks.

The only hope is Winston throws 4 or 5 picks and the defense picks up a couple of touchdowns.

We have zero threats in the air with Matthews and Clay out.

Hate to break it to ya, sport....but the Bills are going to kick the ever loving **** out of Tampa.

I know you'll be disappointed.