PDA

View Full Version : The All Buffalo Bills drought team: LB

The King
10-13-2017, 07:27 AM
So our drought team is rounding out nicely. Drew Bledsoe is at QB, with the duo of Clements and Winfield at corner. Today's poll will be a bit more interesting LB. Names like Spikes, Pozluzny, Fletcher and Cowart are sure to dominate the list. But players like Brown and Alexander make it interesting, also Kiko's one season was about as dominant as anyone's on the list.

You can pick two.

Dr. Lecter
10-13-2017, 08:00 AM
Cowart was on his to being elite in the NFL.

Spikes and Fletcher are a close battle too.

Out of those three I will say Cowart and Fletcher, but Spikes could replace either.

EDS
10-13-2017, 08:30 AM
Really unfortunate what injuries did to Cowart and Spikes. Both were great pre-injury. I really thought Cowart was going to be viewed in the same class as Ray Lewis - the elite of the elite - but then he got injured.

OpIv37
10-13-2017, 08:33 AM
Talent-wise its Spikes but he was only here and healthy for two seasons so I'm giving it to Fletcher.

Mouldsie
10-13-2017, 09:03 AM
I went with Cowart and Spikes.

I think Fletcher and Alonso would be 3 and 4.

baalworship
10-13-2017, 09:27 AM
Cowart and Spikes. Cowart was absolutely incredible until he suffered that injury.

Ed
10-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Cowart was awesome. It's really a shame what happened to him. I wouldn't consider him an option on an all drought team though considering he was part of our last playoff teams.

I'd go with Spikes and Fletcher for sure.

Thurmal
10-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Cowart was better than Ray Lewis and Zach Thomas before the Achilles tear; the same thing that ruined Spikes. That injury is an absolute death knell for an athletic career.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Cowart and Fletcher. Damn, without two straight leg injuries -and I am not exaggerating - people would be saying Cowart was perhaps the greatest linebacker in NFL history.

Bill Cody
10-13-2017, 11:45 AM
Spikes and Cowart. Fletcher was good but undersized, seemed to always be making tackles after a 5 yard gain.

Forward_Lateral
10-13-2017, 12:02 PM
I cant vote for Cowart because he was on a playoff team.

YardRat
10-13-2017, 04:51 PM
Cowart and Spikes.

Don't make me bring up the old threads with everybody *****ing about Fletcher being over-rated and only making tackles 5 yards downfield.

Alonzo was never dominant...he had some flashy plays, but his inability to stand up blockers and anchor the middle is a big reason why that defense consistently got gashed up the middle by running backs. Alexander only has one year to go by, the POS sucked. Bradham is actually one of my personal faves, but no way his performance knocks either Sam or Takeo out of the stud spots.

swiper
10-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Fletcher is the most over-looked player I've ever seen. He excelled here and went to Washington and had another whole career there. Fletcher.

YardRat
10-13-2017, 06:57 PM
Arthur Moats and Bryan Scott from 2011 just called to say 'HEY! WTF!!??'

Mace
10-13-2017, 08:26 PM
I went with Fletcher and Spikes. It should have been Cowart and Spikes, but the injuries were what they were and Fletcher didn't get impeded by one.

Fletcher only made tackles 5 yards downfield. Well, so did Poz, but they were playing their roles in the defense proficiently. They weren't supposed to be stuffing backs at the line, they were watching other things and meant for contingency, which they did very well.

Fletcher handled his role the best. Spikes was the most talented what-could-have-been with Cowart right behind him. Poz was the easily forgettable piece most memorable because you could afford to worry about everyone else and forget he was out there just doing his job in his role until you looked for something to gripe about with someone who wasn't as dazzling as you thought they should be. Fletcher probably joins him in that. They weren't supposed to be dazzling. They were supposed to do their jobs. They did.

Topas
10-16-2017, 08:00 AM
If you go for longevity it is Fletcher.
But best in their prime is hands down Spikes and Cowart. I dont know how you can vote for Fletcher other than for longevity.

Historian
10-16-2017, 01:14 PM
Poz. The Dude is still playing

YardRat
10-16-2017, 03:17 PM
I don't think you are feeling well. When was the last time you had a check-up?