X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLUTO
    • Mar 2017

Bills O-LINE is terrible!

An article from Pro Football Focus (below) says it all. Have you ever heard of Glenn being mentioned as an All-Pro? I have always questioned Woods strength at Center. He can't knock people off the line of scrimmage. Groy did last season when Eric was injured. He's one of the highest paid Bills and doesn't deserve that distinction. Miller? Has anyone seen a clip of him doing anything? A great block? He's invisible. And, and doesn't dominate anyone. Poor Jordan Bills was released by the Bears. He just gets by but actually hustles doing his best.

Pro Football Focus looked at their grades for every single offensive lineman in the NFL to put together a list, ranking the best-to-worst blocking units in the league. The scores are derived from the average of each of the five starting linemen’s grade.

Unsurprisingly, the Bills’ found themselves towards the bottom of the league, ranked No. 22 with an average grade of 57.0.
    While Richie Incognito is among the top 10 guards in the NFL once again, the rest of Buffalo’s line has been unable to come near to playing at his level.

The unit has played well in pass protection as they rank seventh in the league with a pass blocking efficiency rating of 82.2, having allowed just 38 pressures on 171 pass blocking snaps. However, the issues come with run-blocking, where basically everyone but Incognito has a poor grade so far. The Bills run more outside zone plays than anyone in the league, leading the NFL with 76 attempts, but they rank just 17th in yards before contact, averaging just 1.06 yards on these plays.

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Bills O-LINE is terrible!

Bills have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds next April. Outside of QB, take a guess at what they will focus on.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jamze132
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
      Bills have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds next April. Outside of QB, take a guess at what they will focus on.
      I hope you’re right and we don’t draft a RB or a DB in the first or second.

Comment

• sudzy
        • Apr 2013

This line was built for the straight ahead blocking scheme Rex/Roman ran. So let's bring in someone that runs a zone blocking scheme, so we can get as far away as we can, from what these players do well. It's the Bills way.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
          • May 2024

Told you so....

Comment

• ublinkwescore
            Sab and TD are insignificant
            • Sep 2002

Qb, ol and wr should be our top priorities...
            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• sudzy
              • Apr 2013

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
              They should be 3 of the teams 4 picks in the first and second round next year with the 4th being LB.

Comment

• Swiper
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ublinkwescore View Post
                And, of course, CB.

Comment

• sudzy
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                  And, of course, CB.
                  Depth. I think White and Gaines are good fits in this defense and (for the most part) have done a good job. I don't think any of our starting LBs are good fits.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

i still dont understand what is going on with cordy glenn

i hear some reports that he was a healthy scratch

then i heard tasker on wgr saying he isnt 100%

what is the truth? as far as i have seen glenn was a decent player. what is the truth healthy scratch or hurt?

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                      i still dont understand what is going on with cordy glenn
                      I think McDermott is working to get players to 100% buy in to him and his plan or get out.

For the some players it was easy for him. If they don't come on board, they're out. Gillislee. Gilmour. etc, etc, etc.

But guys like Glenn & Dareus have potential in his system and if he can get them to buy in, they can stay. But the players may be pushing back.

Comment

• The Beef
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                        Depth. I think White and Gaines are good fits in this defense and (for the most part) have done a good job. I don't think any of our starting LBs are good fits.
                        Gaines is a FA, CB is in play.

OL, LB, CB, DT and WR are all in play, and QB of course.

Shady isn't getting any younger, if they can't land a QB and Saquon Barkley falls to them I wouldn't be upset with them throwing a first at a RB.

Comment

• sudzy
                          • Apr 2013

Originally posted by The Beef View Post
                          Gaines is a FA, CB is in play.

OL, LB, CB, DT and WR are all in play, and QB of course.

Shady isn't getting any younger, if they can't land a QB and Saquon Barkley falls to them I wouldn't be upset with them throwing a first at a RB.
                          Well, it's a good thing the have 6 picks in the first two days. Good RBs can be found outside of the first, see Kareem Hunt. This team has invested a couple of 1st on RBs in the drought and hasn't helped end it. This team needs to come out of the 1st with a QB.

Comment

• kishoph
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by sudzy View Post
                            This line was built for the straight ahead blocking scheme Rex/Roman ran. So let's bring in someone that runs a zone blocking scheme, so we can get as far away as we can, from what these players do well. It's the Bills way.
                            The Bills used mostly zone blocking under Lynn in 2016 and they were most successful team (yardage) last season with zone blocking.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                              • May 2024

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                              This crap happens every year and we rarely rarely invest in the OL early.

Look at the other thread where some posters are suggesting we also draft LBs and RBs.

This has been two decades of OL neglect.

Comment

Working...
                              X