The Pegula's Blew A Huge Opportunity To Make The Buffalo Bills, "America's Team"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsImpossible
    • Mar 2013

The Pegula's Blew A Huge Opportunity To Make The Buffalo Bills, "America's Team"

The Buffalo Bills are the only team in the NFL that wear the Red, White and Blue colors so prominent as the US Flag.

The Patriots and Giants don the Colors in minimal fashion, but they're nothing like the Buffalo Bills true Red, White and Blue.

What could have been....

Instead of taking a stand with a powerful and heavy pair of balls, the Pegula's took a weak knee and bowed down to the NFL's politically correct altar.

Jerry Jones recently said that any Cowboy that takes a knee on Sunday during the National Anthem will not play.

If he stays true to his word, I'm going to become a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

No other owner in the NFL has had the balls to stand up for what's right. That is smart business.

Jerry Jones is listening to his customers, the NFL is not.

If Terry Pegula said, "We are America's team, our Buffalo Bills wear the Red, White and Blue proudly, and any player that takes a knee during the National Anthem will be replaced by a player with more heart and respect for our country," the Buffalo Bills would be America's Team right now and this forum would have a hell of a lot more viewers than it currently has.

In previous years I've noticed a slight drop off in viewers during the bye week, but less than 100 viewers with a 3-2 team that could be 5-0 if Zay Jones caught a pass and Kyle Williams didn't get penalized for defensive holding on 3rd down?

Unheard of.

Terry and Kim Pegula f'd up, royally.

Never in my life have I been so disappointed to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

I love the NFL, but the NFL can give a hoot about me, my friends, and my family that has loyally supported the league for so long.

The Pegula's made a calculated moove that followed 30 other franchise cows off a cliff.
    Last edited by BillsImpossible; 10-13-2017, 09:25 PM.
  • Albany,n.y.
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Pegula's Blew A Huge Opportunity To Make The Buffalo Bills, "America's Team"

I've never been so disappointed reading a post by a Bills fan as the one above in all my life .

Comment

• Gibby
      • Jun 2006

Re: The Pegula's Blew A Huge Opportunity To Make The Buffalo Bills, "America's Team"

Who gives a flying ****? When you became a marine you took an oath to defend the constitution. You might wanna read that first amendment. Turns out, you served to defend their right to protest. You don't have to agree with what, why, or how they are protesting but it is their constitutional right. As for promoting the team, well there the key is not we are Mercuh's team, no it will be so much better for the brand if it stays in every game, wins most of them, the team makes the playoffs, and the players stay clean, then trust me they will have no need for paid for nationalism

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
      I've never been so disappointed reading a post by a Bills fan as the one above in all my life .
      Don't read a lot of the spin zone threads do ya?

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

I would love to see more than a few Cowboys call JJ on his bluff.

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by BillsImpossible View Post
          The Buffalo Bills are the only team in the NFL that wear the Red, White and Blue colors so prominent as the US Flag.

The Patriots and Giants don the Colors in minimal fashion, but they're nothing like the Buffalo Bills true Red, White and Blue.

What could have been....

Instead of taking a stand with a powerful and heavy pair of balls, the Pegula's took a weak knee and bowed down to the NFL's politically correct altar.

Jerry Jones recently said that any Cowboy that takes a knee on Sunday during the National Anthem will not play.

If he stays true to his word, I'm going to become a fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

No other owner in the NFL has had the balls to stand up for what's right. That is smart business.

Jerry Jones is listening to his customers, the NFL is not.

If Terry Pegula said, "We are America's team, our Buffalo Bills wear the Red, White and Blue proudly, and any player that takes a knee during the National Anthem will be replaced by a player with more heart and respect for our country," the Buffalo Bills would be America's Team right now and this forum would have a hell of a lot more viewers than it currently has.

In previous years I've noticed a slight drop off in viewers during the bye week, but less than 100 viewers with a 3-2 team that could be 5-0 if Zay Jones caught a pass and Kyle Williams didn't get penalized for defensive holding on 3rd down?

Unheard of.

Terry and Kim Pegula f'd up, royally.

Never in my life have I been so disappointed to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills.

I love the NFL, but the NFL can give a hoot about me, my friends, and my family that has loyally supported the league for so long.

The Pegula's made a calculated moove that followed 30 other franchise cows off a cliff.
          Russ Brandon says boner jamz.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
            Skoobasaurus-Rex
            • Oct 2011

I haven’t been watching all the extra games I used too because I’d rather not be forced to be subjected to social opinions. If I wanted other people’s opinions I’d star in a movie, probably names IPutz. It’s about a robot that just simply is a putz all the time, think MST3000 without the humor. Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about.
            Last edited by Skooby; 10-14-2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

Those players are going to sue Jerry Jones because they have a Constitutional right to do what they want with regards to kneeling. Jones cannot force them to stand. It's in the Constitution.

Comment

• sudzy
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                Those players are going to sue Jerry Jones because they have a Constitutional right to do what they want with regards to kneeling. Jones cannot force them to stand. It's in the Constitution.
                You forget these players are employees of the team. Employers have the right to tell an employee how to dress and how to conduct themselves on the job. You have the right to tell someone to "go to hell" on the jobsite. Your employer has the right to discipline or fire you for those actions.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

I think Jerry Jones is going to come under a lot of fire if one of his players kneels and then gets benched. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, players are citizens who have rights protected by the first amendment. A rich white guy cant override that.

Comment

• sudzy
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                    I think Jerry Jones is going to come under a lot of fire if one of his players kneels and then gets benched. Regardless of where you stand on the issue, players are citizens who have rights protected by the first amendment. A rich white guy cant override that.
                    I'm I the only one, with a job, on this board? Go to work on Monday and do your job from the kneeling position and when your boss says something to you, tell him it's your constitutional right. Donald Trump can't do anything about players kneeling, other then run his mouth, because the players have a constitutional right to do it, but, Jones (as their employer) can.

Comment

• sudzy
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                      I would love to see more than a few Cowboys call JJ on his bluff.
                      Jerry Jones has a great reputation with his players. Look at how far he went to defend Elliot. I'd be surprised if any player went against him.

Comment

• The Beef
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                        Russ Brandon says boner jamz.
                        Russ Brandon is banned from Boner Jamz. It was coined at the Range during a continued debate during the summer before SJ13's 3rd season. I was pro Stevie, OF Rockets and WagonCircler were trying to flame me for having Boner Jamz for Stevie. SpikedLemonade was a crucial member of said discussion by trolling with an epic series of laughable, yet relevant pictures/images mocking the entire thing.

Stevie blew up his 3rd season , the Boner Jamz were thoroughly raised throughout Bills Nation by the point.

Russ Brandon is a **** sucker who is serving a life time ban from Boner Jamz Nation.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by The Beef View Post
                          Russ Brandon is banned from Boner Jamz. It was coined at the Range during a continued debate during the summer before SJ13's 3rd season. I was pro Stevie, OF Rockets and WagonCircler were trying to flame me for having Boner Jamz for Stevie. SpikedLemonade was a crucial member of said discussion by trolling with an epic series of laughable, yet relevant pictures/images mocking the entire thing.

Stevie blew up his 3rd season , the Boner Jamz were thoroughly raised throughout Bills Nation by the point.

Russ Brandon is a **** sucker who is serving a life time ban from Boner Jamz Nation.
                          Thanks for the recount.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

The NFL went along with the PC crap until they (finally) realized it was hurting their bottom line. They have Trump to thank for taking the role of the jerk and letting them know why their ratings and attendance were down and how to fix it. If the players know what's good for them, they'll go back to standing for the Anthem andd start protesting real issues facing their people, on their own time.

Comment

• feldspar
                              • Mar 2007

I don't think you thought this one through.

I don't see anything that says the benched players won't get payed, if they don't play. Am I missing something? There would be no breach of contract. Any team can bench any player for any reason they want. There is nothing unconstitutional about that.

They can kneel if they want. They just won't play, if this story to be believed. There are no constitutional rights being violated unless there is a breach of contact...I don't see one here.

If they get payed, there is no legal issue whatsoever.

We'll see who wants to push the issue...but for some players, it might be career suicide if Jones follows through and they won't give. Nobody is forcing them to stand...only perfectly constitutional consequences for them if they don't.
                              Last edited by feldspar; 10-14-2017, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X