PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo News article regarding Ryan Groy

endzone
10-14-2017, 06:54 PM
Where is he? Can he be worse than the starters? He played very well when Center Eric Wood was hurt last season.

"With Miller and Ducasse both struggling badly why haven’t the Bills given Ryan Groy a look at right guard?
I’m as baffled as you are. When the Bills decided to match the two-year, $5-million offer sheet the Los Angeles Rams gave Groy as a restricted free agent last March, I fully bought into the notion the team had big plans for him.

One of those plans, presumably, was to eventually have him replace Eric Wood at center, although that seemingly has since been delayed by the contract extension the Bills recently gave Wood. Another was to work Groy into the rotation at right guard, where John Miller’s grasp on the starting job has been tenuous since the start of off season workouts."

YardRat
10-14-2017, 06:57 PM
Can you provide a link to the article please? Thanks in advance.

jamze132
10-14-2017, 10:15 PM
I can’t imagine Groy would be any worse than what’s in there right now...

kingJofNYC
10-15-2017, 12:34 AM
Wouldn't trust this staff with any OL evaluations, moves have been terrible so far.

Groy's been MIA all season, not a word about him. Last season he would come in as a 6th OL frequently, this staff just puts him on the bench for Vlad the terrible.

sudzy
10-15-2017, 05:04 AM
When the matched the offer on Groy, I thought it was a good move. He was going to be the future at center and depth for the interior. Then they extended Wood and didn't put him in the mix at RG and I'm wondering, why did they re-sign him?

swiper
10-15-2017, 08:29 AM
When the matched the offer on Groy, I thought it was a good move. He was going to be the future at center and depth for the interior. Then they extended Wood and didn't put him in the mix at RG and I'm wondering, why did they re-sign him?

Agreed. But wasn't the Wood extension thought to be done to free up cap room for someone else (who I cannot recall at the moment)?