PDA

View Full Version : Drew's The Man!!!

WG
09-16-2002, 01:54 AM
Now let's hope the running game finds it's footing. We aren't going to win too many games against better Ds w/o some balance. Henry's inconsistency is starting to pop up...

I've given up on seeing any defense this season!

:D

STs; well, let's just hope that more goes for us than against us each week. It's a seesaw!

Sabre Ally
09-16-2002, 01:56 AM
The running game will be there when they don't stack the line against us.

northernbillfan
09-16-2002, 02:15 AM
Nice to see you back on the boards Wys, :cheers:

They must have worked on your brain too, cause I thought you titled this thread Drew's The Man!!!

Nice to see you can admit it now, you have liked Drew from day 1 ;)

venis2k1
09-16-2002, 02:16 AM
i agree, the bills totally abandoned the run in the 2nd half, he had that nice 17 yard run. i think the vikes expected ALOT more running this week, and they were prepared for it.

The_Philster
09-16-2002, 05:03 AM
I got scared when I saw a Wys thread and I have to get to work. :D
This game is why we got Bledsoe....AVP, RJ, Doug, Todd, Billy Joe...none of them could have done this.

Earthquake Enyart
09-16-2002, 06:38 AM
Wys, I see the painkillers are still taking hold.

Hope you are feeling better.

Drew is the man.

LtBillsFan66
09-16-2002, 08:23 AM
Oh how Bledsoe Blows Let Me Count The Ways.

I'm glad you are seeing the light.

timfromjersey
09-16-2002, 08:31 AM
Don't be so hard on the defense yet, Wys, they are making more plays this year than last and we're only into the second game.

They made a big stop in the overtime to get the ball back didn't they?

Buffarama
09-16-2002, 09:08 AM
I think the Vikings stacked the line so much to take away the run, we had to pass. They gave us the pass and dared us, and rather than be stubborn and decide to try and run, we passed. That's why Bledsoe had so many yards.
I think it was the right decision. It had nothing to do with Henry.

Patrick76777
09-16-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Sabre Ally
The running game will be there when they don't stack the line against us.

I said it all last week. The Vikes geared the whole D game plan against the run. It showed in Drew’s stats. Denver has to pick their poison.

WG
09-16-2002, 10:07 AM
I saw a different game. Most of the game Minnesota rushed 4, their down linemen. Frequent blitzes, but on passing downs. Not intended to stuff the run. my bud said the same thing while we were watching the game. I then asked him to show me some of those where more than 4 were rushing and he couldn't. Perceptions.

Henry should have "found/made" some holes. Unacceptable when the passing game is clicking like that. Even if they had consistently put 5 on the line, that's no excuse for a 10/28 game in which DB put up a flawless almost 500, 3 TDs, and made no mistakes.

LOL BTW all of ya! Philster,

"I got scared when I saw a Wys thread and I have to get to work."

The pain-killers are good...

"Mmmm! Painkillers..." LOL

Patrick76777
09-16-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I saw a different game. Most of the game Minnesota rushed 4, their down linemen. Frequent blitzes, but on passing downs. Not intended to stuff the run. my bud said the same thing while we were watching the game. I then asked him to show me some of those where more than 4 were rushing and he couldn't. Perceptions.

just because they only rushed 4 doesn't mean that they didn't gear their D toward stopping the run.

Kelly The Dog
09-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Then name any or all plays that Travis should have gotten more yards than he did. The losses and no yardage runs he was hit immediately. The two times he had holes he got 17 and 12 yards. The fumble was more Drew than Travis, it looked like to me and Drew admitted was a bad handoff. You can't just say there were four guys and that he should have had more yards. He didnt have a chance for yards. He got few carries and fewer holes. I dont think any back would have gotten many if any more yards with those exact touches and we gained 468 yards and scored 31 points on offense, what do you want?

WG
09-16-2002, 10:33 AM
You can only do so much to stop the D w/ 4 guys. Then it's the OC's responsibility to run "around" the "hole-plugs." It's not brain science! There's only so many ways that you can stop the run by using only 4 men. Besides, if that's the best we can do against a Minnesota team's front 4 who are "dedicated to stopping the run", then we're in a world of hurt against N.E., Chicago, Oakland, G.B., S.D., Miami, etc.

KG has the imagination of a McDonald's counter worker! Simple things like that should be solveable by the average fan.

Earthquake Enyart
09-16-2002, 10:37 AM
What's brain science?
Is that like rocket surgery?

I think it's either brain surgery or rocket science. Pick one.

WG
09-16-2002, 10:39 AM
Kelly, I saw at least one play where he hit the wall when there was a perfectly good hole to the right of him by half a step that would have netted 10+ yards. I saw that several times. Henry has to do his job. It's not all the OL's fault.

Do you think that all the best RBs always have a huge hole to run through? Not so. They make something out of nothing. Last week Henry had HUGE holes. This week, sure, on some plays they were plugged, but there were some that he just didn't hit.

KG and Henry both need to pick up their games some! I mean honestly, if w/ 463 passing yards, Henry can't find a stride, then when will he be able to?!?! Just remember, last year, he put together three good games along w/ a couple mediocre ones and some attrocious ones. He definitely needs to step up some!

Pretty soon teams are gonna start focusing on the pass, and then we'll be in a real world of hurt if he doesn't improve his ways.

WG
09-16-2002, 10:40 AM
Brain Science: Science involving the intracacies of the brain...

LtBillsFan66
09-16-2002, 10:43 AM
When we score over 80, wys will be happy with Gilbride.

Ð
09-16-2002, 10:47 AM
Ahem :)

Didn't Minnesota stuff the Bears ferocious running attack (Anthony Thomas) last week ? I don't think it's so much of a question of Travis Henry playing poorly, it's a question of the Vikes playing damn good run D in the last two games.

As long as we have the counter for that, i.e. passing game, we're in good shape.

Rude American
09-16-2002, 12:00 PM
I wish Wys and I played pick-up hockey together. On our first shift I'd go straight for his knee... see how well he's healed. jk! :D

Drew is a great QB.. great arm, accurate, whits in the pocket... knock wood to it all.

Michael82
09-16-2002, 12:12 PM
Exactly, BD! They shut down Anthony Thomas last week and he is a STUD RB! This week, they had to face a smaller and not as good RB in Travis Henry and shut him down too! I guess the Minnesota Defense has dramatically improved against the run!

timfromjersey
09-16-2002, 02:01 PM
Brain Science!

Rocket Surgery!

Dain Bramage!

What's it all mean anyways?

northernbillfan
09-16-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Anthony Thomas is a STUD RB!

I'm starting to worry about you Mike :rolleyes:

John from Hemet
09-16-2002, 02:29 PM
Oh for christ sake Wys....

We have played exactly 2 meaningful games....

- In one of them....Travis Henry has over TWO HUNDRED yards of total offense....140 something of it running...and was the number one rated back that week.....

- In game 2 we went against a team that knew it had to shut Travis Henry down in order to win...and had specifically brought in run stopping defensive players in the offseason....which panned out for them as is shown in what they did against the Bears.....the problem is.....our receivers were so wide open you HAD to take advantage of it....

Travis Henry was, is, and has always been a back that you have to keep feeding the rock to be effective...and we did not do that because the passing game was just ON....I have every confidence that if the bills would have knuckled down and committed to the run Travis would have gotten it going....it was just not necessary to do so.....

In the next game....the are going to be scared to death of our passing attack....lets see how Travis does in this game....