• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WG
    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
    • Jul 2002

Drew's The Man!!!

Now let's hope the running game finds it's footing. We aren't going to win too many games against better Ds w/o some balance. Henry's inconsistency is starting to pop up...

I've given up on seeing any defense this season!

STs; well, let's just hope that more goes for us than against us each week. It's a seesaw!
    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

• Sabre Ally
    • Jul 2002

The running game will be there when they don't stack the line against us.

Comment

• northernbillfan
      Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Nice to see you back on the boards Wys,

They must have worked on your brain too, cause I thought you titled this thread Drew's The Man!!!

Nice to see you can admit it now, you have liked Drew from day 1
      When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• venis2k1
        Youboty can hope
        • Jul 2002

i agree, the bills totally abandoned the run in the 2nd half, he had that nice 17 yard run. i think the vikes expected ALOT more running this week, and they were prepared for it.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

I got scared when I saw a Wys thread and I have to get to work.
          This game is why we got Bledsoe....AVP, RJ, Doug, Todd, Billy Joe...none of them could have done this.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Wys, I see the painkillers are still taking hold.

Hope you are feeling better.

Drew is the man.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

Oh how Bledsoe Blows Let Me Count The Ways.

I'm glad you are seeing the light.

Comment

• timfromjersey
                • Jul 2002

Don't be so hard on the defense yet, Wys, they are making more plays this year than last and we're only into the second game.

They made a big stop in the overtime to get the ball back didn't they?

Comment

• Buffarama
                  Football-Sport of the Gods
                  • Jul 2002

I think the Vikings stacked the line so much to take away the run, we had to pass. They gave us the pass and dared us, and rather than be stubborn and decide to try and run, we passed. That's why Bledsoe had so many yards.
                  I think it was the right decision. It had nothing to do with Henry.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally
                    The running game will be there when they don't stack the line against us.
                    I said it all last week. The Vikes geared the whole D game plan against the run. It showed in Drew’s stats. Denver has to pick their poison.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                      • Jul 2002

I saw a different game. Most of the game Minnesota rushed 4, their down linemen. Frequent blitzes, but on passing downs. Not intended to stuff the run. my bud said the same thing while we were watching the game. I then asked him to show me some of those where more than 4 were rushing and he couldn't. Perceptions.

Henry should have "found/made" some holes. Unacceptable when the passing game is clicking like that. Even if they had consistently put 5 on the line, that's no excuse for a 10/28 game in which DB put up a flawless almost 500, 3 TDs, and made no mistakes.

LOL BTW all of ya! Philster,

"I got scared when I saw a Wys thread and I have to get to work."

The pain-killers are good...

"Mmmm! Painkillers..." LOL

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                        I saw a different game. Most of the game Minnesota rushed 4, their down linemen. Frequent blitzes, but on passing downs. Not intended to stuff the run. my bud said the same thing while we were watching the game. I then asked him to show me some of those where more than 4 were rushing and he couldn't. Perceptions.

just because they only rushed 4 doesn't mean that they didn't gear their D toward stopping the run.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
                          • Jul 2002

Then name any or all plays that Travis should have gotten more yards than he did. The losses and no yardage runs he was hit immediately. The two times he had holes he got 17 and 12 yards. The fumble was more Drew than Travis, it looked like to me and Drew admitted was a bad handoff. You can't just say there were four guys and that he should have had more yards. He didnt have a chance for yards. He got few carries and fewer holes. I dont think any back would have gotten many if any more yards with those exact touches and we gained 468 yards and scored 31 points on offense, what do you want?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

You can only do so much to stop the D w/ 4 guys. Then it's the OC's responsibility to run "around" the "hole-plugs." It's not brain science! There's only so many ways that you can stop the run by using only 4 men. Besides, if that's the best we can do against a Minnesota team's front 4 who are "dedicated to stopping the run", then we're in a world of hurt against N.E., Chicago, Oakland, G.B., S.D., Miami, etc.

KG has the imagination of a McDonald's counter worker! Simple things like that should be solveable by the average fan.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

What's brain science?
                              Is that like rocket surgery?

I think it's either brain surgery or rocket science. Pick one.

Comment

Working...
                              X