PDA

View Full Version : If the Bills' offense isn't working after two weeks to fix it, what should happen?

blackonyx89
10-17-2017, 10:39 AM
Do you fire the coordinator, start Peterman to get his feet wet or make a major roster move?

BertSquirtgum
10-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Fire every offensive coach after the year ends.

Jeff1220
10-17-2017, 11:03 AM
If Hue Jackson gets fired from CLE at the end of the year, as seems likely, he might be worth a look as an OC.

Skooby
10-17-2017, 11:12 AM
So we are blaming the coach instead of the player ?? Tyrod is a blockhead that can’t give us consistent play, his play will determine if we make the playoffs. Being hyper-conservative and not throwing INT’s isn’t getting us enough points, we need more risk.

Jeff1220
10-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Despite TT's pedestrian stats, the Bills were able to put up points last year. There was a running game. To me, that points mostly to coaching, yes. Not saying they don't need something better at QB, but they need an OC that can play to their strengths and put them in position to score points.

Skooby
10-17-2017, 11:17 AM
Despite TT's pedestrian stats, the Bills were able to put up points last year. There was a running game. To me, that points mostly to coaching, yes. Not saying they don't need something better at QB, but they need an OC that can play to their strengths and put them in position to score points.

Stupid is a trait that’s hard to coach.

Wally The Barber
10-17-2017, 11:24 AM
Do you fire the coordinator, start Peterman to get his feet wet or make a major roster move?

If you believe in the process then you promote from within. move players up, use practice team players, stick with the coaches you already have.
Make changes during the off season

blackonyx89
10-17-2017, 11:48 AM
So we are blaming the coach instead of the player ?? Tyrod is a blockhead that can’t give us consistent play, his play will determine if we make the playoffs. Being hyper-conservative and not throwing INT’s isn’t getting us enough points, we need more risk.

I agree with your comment, the problem is that the coach ( who shares the blame ) is handcuffing Tyrod. The problem is that McDermott is going to be here at least three years whether we like it or not. Let's hope that the team front office can get a new offensive coordinator and guy that can throw the ball down the field more than 20 yards and on top of that, have a decent WR corps to throw to. And none of that happens if they don't fix the O-Line.

Joe Fo Sho
10-17-2017, 11:49 AM
Bring back TJ Yates.

EDS
10-17-2017, 11:50 AM
Not much to do in season but continue to evaluate what talent is on hand and rev up the scouting department.

Dr. Lecter
10-17-2017, 12:06 PM

We have faith in you Skoob.

swiper
10-17-2017, 12:10 PM

You've found it's secret.

swiper
10-17-2017, 12:12 PM
Bring back TJ Yates.

I hope your kidding.

Dr. Lecter
10-17-2017, 12:13 PM
I hope your kidding.

You're

Skooby
10-17-2017, 01:29 PM
We have faith in you Skoob.
It’s all in the wrist.

Skooby
10-17-2017, 01:30 PM
I agree with your comment, the problem is that the coach ( who shares the blame ) is handcuffing Tyrod. The problem is that McDermott is going to be here at least three years whether we like it or not. Let's hope that the team front office can get a new offensive coordinator and guy that can throw the ball down the field more than 20 yards and on top of that, have a decent WR corps to throw to. And none of that happens if they don't fix the O-Line.

I agree that we need better O-line play but how do you guard a guy who’s first instinct is to run away ?? How can the WR run a pattern ?

blackonyx89
10-17-2017, 02:17 PM
I agree that we need better O-line play but how do you guard a guy who’s first instinct is to run away ?? How can the WR run a pattern ?

This is the dilemma the offense coordinator is facing with Tyrod's shortcoming as far as running out of the pocket due to his O-Line breakdowns, him getting panicky, running and trying to make a play. I honestly feel that if they can fix the O-Line, give Peterman a shot. Just sayin'!

DraftBoy
10-17-2017, 02:36 PM

I'm excited for next week when you get to the point that you're blaming Tyrod for the defense missing tackles and giving up first downs.

YardRat
10-17-2017, 06:59 PM
We can still win games when the offense 'isn't working', obviously. If they are 5-2, or even 4-3, is there a reason for anything major to be done?

ICRockets
10-17-2017, 07:11 PM
It’s all in the wrist.

Your brain fits in your wrist? I think we found the problem, guys.

Turf
10-17-2017, 07:58 PM
Several times last game I watched 4 receivers trot down the field in a straight line. Now I don't know who the **** is to blame for that, but fire that bunch.

Jeff1220
10-17-2017, 09:43 PM
So you guys think Dennison's O would be fine behind any other QB?

ICRockets
10-17-2017, 11:58 PM
So you guys think Dennison's O would be fine behind any other QB?

Probably not the o-line, I prefer when they're in front of my QBs :D

jamze132
10-18-2017, 04:43 AM

The biggest issue is that Dennison is NOT adapting the scheme to the players he has. Our run game was #1 two years straight with a different style yet the majority of those players are still on the roster and what we’re doing is not working. If we don’t adapt over the next game or two, I’ll put the blame on our OC before Tyrod.

Mahdi
10-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Install more read-option.

Use Taylor's strength and enhance McCoy at the same time.

kgun12
10-18-2017, 04:54 PM
The biggest issue is that Dennison is NOT adapting the scheme to the players he has. Our run game was #1 two years straight with a different style yet the majority of those players are still on the roster and what we’re doing is not working. If we don’t adapt over the next game or two, I’ll put the blame on our OC before Tyrod.

Don't go muddying the water with facts, spoils the whole thread!

Arm of Harm
10-19-2017, 11:46 AM

I think a lot of Bills fans underappreciated the value of Greg Roman, and of Roman's scheme.

When under Roman rule, Colin Kaepernick was widely considered a franchise QB. The 49ers made it to the Super Bowl, and were a good SS away from actually winning it. After Roman left, Kaepernick entered into a QB competition with Blaine Gabbert (of all people). I felt that Gabbert outplayed Kaepernick in the first year of that competition, and Kaepernick did better than Gabbert in the second year. Now, Kapernick is a guy who can't find a job, even as a third string QB.

Back then, Roman was underappreciated as well. People complained that Roman was holding Kaepernick back. They blamed Kaepernick's weaknesses and shortcomings on Roman, and felt Kaepernick could truly reach his potential if he had a different offensive coordinator. You don't hear much of those complaints, anymore.

For two years, Roman's offensive scheme masked Tyrod's weaknesses every bit as effectively as it had masked Kaepernick's. As had also happened in San Francisco, people underestimated Roman and overestimated his quarterback. So now, we have an offensive coordinator who isn't using Roman's scheme. Who isn't doing the things with the running game Roman did. Who isn't an expert at using a QB's mobility to mask his weaknesses as a pocket passer, as Roman had been. And there are those here calling for the replacement of the offensive coordinator!

If McDermott wants to replace Dennison, fine. I'll trust his judgement. But he absolutely should not replace Dennison with the thought of making Tyrod better. It would be absurd to allow a guy we know isn't the long-term answer at QB to become a coach killer.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-19-2017, 12:57 PM
We can still win games when the offense 'isn't working', obviously. If they are 5-2, or even 4-3, is there a reason for anything major to be done?

1) Define major
2) Possibly, after all this team has started out with a fairly decent record during this drought only to wilt away and die several times during this drought. Good teams make adjustments as needed and look at not only what they did right but where they ****ed up to incorporate said adjustments. Then in December 5-2 or 4-3 is 10-4 or 8-6 and a win or two more and you are in.
3 or 5) Tyrod has in the past not been the reason we have flubbed, and has in the past given the numbers to put wins on the table much like the D this year. So, I think both a mix of more practice for TT and an adjustment of coaching strategy to bring out the best in his game is what is needed and that could be major. Subtle perhaps, but major.