PDA

View Full Version : Without us old folks, you guys have no team

Wally The Barber
10-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Let me give you a history lesson, Ralph Wilson started this team in the early 60's before all of you were born...

We old folks bought the tickets to sit in a rat infested stadium in the middle of the getto, thats right the freaking getto, no tailgating, no parking lot.

I remember running for the bus as shots were fired more then once. Took the 8A bus back to the University of Buffalo, then home. My season ticket was $55/6 games sitting on the 40 yard line.

I could have stayed home rather then support the team but many of us made the trip weekly. Ralph threatened to move several times unless he got a new stadium but we kept buying those tickets hence the team stayed in town. There was talk of moving the team to Tampa, Seattle and Jacksonville...SERIOUS TALK....

So, what thanks do we old folks get for supporting the team in terrible conditions.... NOTHING

Keep in mind,you are in the exact same situation I was in 45 years ago and I thank you for buying the tickets!!!

SOMEDAY, THE KIDS WILL THANK YOU FOR SAVING THE BILLS, but don't hold your breath

BLUTO
10-20-2017, 04:48 PM
I used to take a bus with friends from Main Street in Amherst to the games. Even the night games seemed safe for 15 year old kids. I remember the 'beer can' game!

Night Train
10-20-2017, 05:06 PM
My first game at the Rockpile was 1965.

It's a curse, I suppose..

Wally The Barber
10-20-2017, 05:17 PM
I used to take a bus with friends from Main Street in Amherst to the games. Even the night games seemed safe for 15 year old kids. I remember the 'beer can' game! The police dressed in riot gear with big horses and dogs helped.

My uncle was a detective in Buffalo and he warned me every week about attending games there

swiper
10-20-2017, 05:30 PM
Whaddya want? A medal?

The surviving family of Tom Sestak thank you from the bottom of their hearts.

Wally The Barber
10-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Whaddya want? A medal?

The surviving family of Tom Sestak thank you from the bottom of their hearts.

A medal would be great, something in blue. This would match my eyes

Novacane
10-20-2017, 06:20 PM
I'm old enough to have gone to many Bisons games at WMS. I never realized it was a bad area.

Wally The Barber
10-20-2017, 06:37 PM
I'm old enough to have gone to many Bisons games at WMS. I never realized it was a bad area.

Its not that it was completely unsafe but it wasn't the Ralph

SpikedLemonade
10-21-2017, 04:46 AM
Let me give you a history lesson, Ralph Wilson started this team in the early 60's before all of you were born...

We old folks bought the tickets to sit in a rat infested stadium in the middle of the getto, thats right the freaking getto, no tailgating, no parking lot.

I remember running for the bus as shots were fired more then once. Took the 8A bus back to the University of Buffalo, then home. My season ticket was $55/6 games sitting on the 40 yard line.

I could have stayed home rather then support the team but many of us made the trip weekly. Ralph threatened to move several times unless he got a new stadium but we kept buying those tickets hence the team stayed in town. There was talk of moving the team to Tampa, Seattle and Jacksonville...SERIOUS TALK....

So, what thanks do we old folks get for supporting the team in terrible conditions.... NOTHING

Keep in mind,you are in the exact same situation I was in 45 years ago and I thank you for buying the tickets!!!

SOMEDAY, THE KIDS WILL THANK YOU FOR SAVING THE BILLS, but don't hold your breath

Thank you Wally!!!

From my heart to yours -- thank you!!!

I saw this recent video of you and I understand why you can't attend Bills games anymore however I appreciate your efforts when you were younger...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQjKGJZu4mg

Wally The Barber
10-21-2017, 07:30 AM
Thank you Wally!!!

From my heart to yours -- thank you!!!

I saw this recent video of you and I understand why you can't attend Bills games anymore however I appreciate your efforts when you were younger...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQjKGJZu4mg
See, this is what I mean

SpikedLemonade
10-21-2017, 08:29 AM
See, this is what I mean

Yeah, with those kind of old balls, you can't be going to any Bills games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjtxo6gmns0

Wally The Barber
10-21-2017, 09:27 AM
Yeah, with those kind of old balls, you can't be going to any Bills games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjtxo6gmns0

Thats it , I am not attending anymore games at War Memorial stadium....you buy the tickets

TigerJ
10-21-2017, 08:47 PM
There are actually a fair number of us old guys around here at the zone. Not ever having lived in Buffalo, I can't claim to have given financial support to the team in my younger days. I do appreciate those of you who did live in Buffalo and went to the Rockpile.

DynaPaul
10-22-2017, 07:23 AM
Economically it was much cheaper to support Ralphie's pet project back then.

Wally The Barber
10-22-2017, 07:29 AM
Economically it was much cheaper to support Ralphie's pet project back then.

Not really, I only made $75 per week which was fair money at the time

Wally The Barber
10-22-2017, 07:54 AM
Anyway, I was only kidding around with this thread, just busting balls

sahlensguy
10-22-2017, 09:10 AM
So it's your fault!!!