PDA

View Full Version : Mcdermott

Novacane
10-22-2017, 03:30 PM
I think it's safe to say we won't be looking for a new coach in two years. He's got a team to 4-2 that lacks talent at quite a few positions. I know we've been here before but it's different this time. The team plays hard and doesn't take stupid penalties. Even if the lack of talent causes us to miss the playoffs again this year we're finally headed in the right direction.

Crisis
10-22-2017, 03:31 PM
Seems like a keeper, just need to fix the time management on offense. We're lucky it hasn't cost us a game yet.

Novacane
10-22-2017, 03:34 PM
Seems like a keeper, just need to fix the time management on offense. We're lucky it hasn't cost us a game yet.

I assume you're talking about the end of the first half. I think that was just a terrible decision by Tyrod. I suppose you could say that route shouldn't of even been in the play. Run all routes to the end zone and throw it away if no one is open.

YardRat
10-22-2017, 04:52 PM
I don't consider that an error in time management as much as a poor decision on what to do with the ball.

Mace
10-22-2017, 05:41 PM
I don't consider that an error in time management as much as a poor decision on what to do with the ball.

Play shouldn't have been called, caught or the pass thrown, and that comes back to coaching because they've made a point of stressing they work to be on the same page across the board. It was the wrong page. McDermott has shown some situational clock clumsiness previously.

That said, it's no harm no foul if he learns from it going forward, and I don't think he'd argue that he's got things to learn yet 6 games in to his HC career. Over the long haul, I don't get the idea McDermott will be one to keep repeating the same mistakes.

Night Train
10-22-2017, 05:52 PM

Taylor looked long and then threw short, instead of throwing it into the turf to stop the clock. I believe that's on him.