PDA

View Full Version : Random scrimmage notes (second hand)

Kelly The Dog
08-02-2003, 12:00 PM
I didnt see it but listened on the radio and was in the browns chat room with a play by play and discussion. Here is some general news:

The Browns scored three times from the red zone and the Bills once. Both of the first two Browns TDs would not have counted even according to them (one out of bounds, one didnt get over the goalline). No team scored from the regular series. On the first series that the Browns scored the Bills had already recovered two fumbles, one caused by Fletcher.

The Bills stuffed the ground completely, the entire scrimmage from what I heard. The Bills also had numerous "touch" sacks, at least two by Denney, Irons had one, I think Edwards, although some of them may have been avoided in a real game.

For the Bills first D and the first team O, the Bills D stuffed the Browns completely and the O went down the field but Bledsoe threw an INT.

Burns ran a couple nice plays. Parker ran a lot but didnt do much. Gary had a couple good runs. Morris had a nice 11 yarder (although someone else said that was Crosby)

AVP took the team right down the field in his one series but didnt score. Travis Brown hasn't seemed to play very well (again this is just through radio and second hand reports)

The Browns had a few significant pass plays of 20+ yards and the Bills had none.

I didnt hear Simonton's name but the coverage was sketchy so he could have been in on a series that wasnt discussed.

The Browns announcers both said that the Bills first teams had the better of the Browns first teams, but that was only one 12 play series each.

They didnt mention any kicking or returning.

Not much offense from the Bills. Great pass rush and run defense. Not so great in red zone, either O or D, but the Browns were using more starters than the Bills.

There also wasnt any injuries reported for the Bills but that doesnt absolutely mean there wasn't any.

Tatonka
08-02-2003, 12:20 PM
thanks.. been looking everywhere for news.

Novacane
08-02-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Kelly The Dog

and the O went down the field but Bledsoe threw an INT.

Oh no...................I feel a Wys Bledsoe thread comming on.

shelby
08-02-2003, 01:41 PM
:couch:

Captain gameboy
08-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Just a note from a fan.
Two years ago, preliminary to the 3-13 year, went there and got our asses kicked.
The big reason was that our o-line couldn't handle their d-line, and their o-line manhandled our d-line.
Looks like things are changing.