PDA

View Full Version : WR Kaelin Clay waived

Ed
10-23-2017, 03:44 PM
What a waste. I just posted a little earlier in another thread about how I hated that we traded away Kevon Seymour. And now I find out that the Bills just cut the guy that we traded him away for. Bad trade by Beane. Hopefully the others end up working out better.

Per Mike Rodak:

The Bills have waived WR Kaelin Clay, a source said. Clay was acquired in a trade with the Panthers during final cuts and likely was pushed off the roster by Deonte Thompson, a veteran receiver signed last week.

Dr. Lecter
10-23-2017, 03:51 PM
They got a pick in that trade too - 6th round. Same place Seymour was drafted

They also claimed CB Troy McRae on waivers.

Ed
10-23-2017, 03:53 PM
They got a pick in that trade too - 6th round. Same place Seymour was drafted

They also claimed CB Troy McRae on waivers.
I forgot they got a pick too, but I believe it's a 7th rounder. Either way, I liked Kevon Seymour.

Night Train
10-23-2017, 04:15 PM
I forgot they got a pick too, but I believe it's a 7th rounder. Either way, I liked Kevon Seymour.

a 7th in 2019

Scumbag College
10-23-2017, 05:09 PM
http://nfltraderumors.co/bills-waive-wr-kaelin-clay/

The Bills added CB Tony McRae, whom was just waived by the Ravens.

As much as I like EJ Gaines, he's been hurt at some point in every game. Wright is not playing good football right now and I think that McD wants to start dressing 5 CBs, especially with the Raiders coming to town Sunday. With Thompson coming in and having a monster game and Matthews healthy enough to go, I'm guessing that made K. Clay expendable. I think he could still be added to the PS if he clears waivers if Beane chooses to do so.

I get the disappointment of trading away Seymour and then cutting the guy that they received for him two months later. I thought Seymour showed enough last year to stick as the last CB and see if he could gel in the new defensive scheme.

Albany,n.y.
10-23-2017, 06:07 PM
http://nfltraderumors.co/bills-waive-wr-kaelin-clay/

I get the disappointment of trading away Seymour and then cutting the guy that they received for him two months later. I thought Seymour showed enough last year to stick as the last CB and see if he could gel in the new defensive scheme.

The coaching staff obviously didn't.

Oaf
10-23-2017, 06:14 PM
K. Clay was a marginal player to trade for in the first place. Would've just taken a better pick.

YardRat
10-23-2017, 06:16 PM
Jesus these guys in this front office must start getting an itchy trigger finger by Wednesday or Thursday if they haven't made some kind of roster move by then.

HAMMER
10-23-2017, 07:30 PM
I have faith in this FO/Coach. I also liked Seymour but they had a reason to move him. You have to trust that. Tradavious White looks like a great pick and we got another first. 4-2. Trust the process.

TigerJ
10-23-2017, 07:42 PM
I don't blame the Bills for waiving a player acquired via trade. They needed to try and find some speed in the WR corps and that's what Clay represented. Thompson wasn't available at the time. They might have kept him and injuries at the CB position left them unacceptably thin. This is what teams have to do sometimes. Thompson is better than Clay. Now we just need to hope that McRae can contribute at CB.

TigerJ
10-23-2017, 07:48 PM
By the way, it's Tony McRae.

Mr. Cynical
10-23-2017, 09:27 PM
I don't blame the Bills for waiving a player acquired via trade. They needed to try and find some speed in the WR corps and that's what Clay represented. Thompson wasn't available at the time. They might have kept him and injuries at the CB position left them unacceptably thin. This is what teams have to do sometimes. Thompson is better than Clay. Now we just need to hope that McRae can contribute at CB.

This. We don't want another Whaley who sits on things just because he doesn't want to admit he made a mistake (although again not saying this was) Rather have a FO that moves quickly when things are not going well and move on.