PDA

View Full Version : Bills Xs and Os | Dawkins in instead of Groy, Bills run crack toss for 23 yards

jimmifli
10-25-2017, 01:12 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IM4tui-aUCw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://www.cover1.net/bills-xs-and-os-crack-toss-led-by-glenn-and-dawkins/

I don't know what else there is to say about Thompson.

Goobylal
10-25-2017, 01:38 PM
So if you're an eligible receiver one play, you can't be an ineligible one the next play? Does that go back to that Cheaters thing against the Ravens in the playoffs?

In any case, maybe they should put Dawkins at RG.

The Jokeman
10-25-2017, 01:46 PM
So if you're an eligible receiver one play, you can't be an ineligible one the next play? Does that go back to that Cheaters thing against the Ravens in the playoffs?

As far as I understand it if you're not wearing a eligible number you need to declare yourself eligible on every down/play you're in.

Goobylal
10-25-2017, 02:18 PM
As far as I understand it if you're not wearing a eligible number you need to declare yourself eligible on every down/play you're in.

That I get. What this is saying is that if you report as eligible on a play, you can't be ineligible the next play.

YardRat
10-25-2017, 02:33 PM

Not the way I read it...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/03/25/nfl-passes-rule-change-aimed-patriots-ineligible-receiver-tactic/uBqPWS5dKYdMYMcIiJ3sKO/story.html

The NFL’s 32 owners voted Wednesday to adopt a proposal that makes it illegal for an offensive player with an eligible number to declare himself ineligible and line up outside the “core” of the formation.

jimmifli
10-25-2017, 06:24 PM
A few things I really liked about this play:

Wood. I think this is a big reason why everyone (or at least most) beside him is good at pulling (Andy, Richie, Miller).
WR vs DE blocking from a guy that first practiced on Wednesday, what a game.
Glenn is good in space, he's a ****ing tank.

cookie G
10-25-2017, 06:27 PM
Put these guys in the right position, they'll make their blocks.

Dawkins' block was good, Cordy's was better. Most NFL tackles miss on that block..the LB goes by them as soon as Shady cuts to the outside. Cordy didn't just make contact, he engulfed him. He's a good pass blocker, but is special as a run blocker.

The underrated block was Matthews. He needed to hold that block for a long time..and usually a holding call comes for keeping contact that long. That was Robert Woods quality.

PS, Rochester D and C's Sal M. had an article today about shopping one of the Bills' tackles, including Cordy Glenn, because other teams were in dire need for a tackle and the market would be good.

Can someone drive to Rochester and punch him in the face for me?

jimmifli
10-25-2017, 09:21 PM
Put these guys in the right position, they'll make their blocks.

Dawkins' block was good, Cordy's was better. Most NFL tackles miss on that block..the LB goes by them as soon as Shady cuts to the outside. Cordy didn't just make contact, he engulfed him. He's a good pass blocker, but is special as a run blocker.

The underrated block was Matthews. He needed to hold that block for a long time..and usually a holding call comes for keeping contact that long. That was Robert Woods quality.

PS, Rochester D and C's Sal M. had an article today about shopping one of the Bills' tackles, including Cordy Glenn, because other teams were in dire need for a tackle and the market would be good.

Can someone drive to Rochester and punch him in the face for me?
It gives me some hope to see Dennison learning, or maybe it's better said as undoing some of the changes he brought in. I'd prefer the new guy to just keep the stuff that already works, but at least when his stuff didn't work he didn't complain about personnel, he just rolled back some of the changes. That's not something any of our recent (and not so recent) OCs would have done with the exception of Lynn.

stuckincincy
10-25-2017, 10:23 PM
LOL, TB handed over a gift victory to BUf..