PDA

View Full Version : Hi hulk crew for Sunday against the Raiders

k-oneputt
10-25-2017, 06:30 PM
If you like penalties called every other play you will be happy.
I hate this crew.

k-oneputt
10-25-2017, 06:31 PM
Hochuli

YardRat
10-25-2017, 06:34 PM
Doh jeez...guaranteed three holding calls on the oline and at least one questionable personal foul (probably on Hughes).

OpIv37
10-25-2017, 06:49 PM
Doh jeez...guaranteed three holding calls on the oline and at least one questionable personal foul (probably on Hughes).

And those holding calls won't be on plays when we gain 2 yards on 3rd and 15. They'll be on big plays.

streetkings01
10-25-2017, 08:15 PM
I'm excited to hear long drawn out explanation of a simple penalty *hooray*

stuckincincy
10-25-2017, 09:23 PM
If you like penalties called every other play you will be happy.
I hate this crew.

Same here. But BUF won't be playing an NFL sacred cow like PGH, so they might get a fair shake.

Here is what you can get if you face off against one of the NFL darlings, in the playoffs...

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/1/14/10750464/nfl-officials-botched-many-calls-in-steelers-vs-bengals-wild-card-game

jamze132
10-25-2017, 11:29 PM
Ugh. So much for Shady getting 100...

Cali512
10-26-2017, 05:08 AM
The one thing that bugs me the most about the media is when they defend the patriots obvious ref favoritism. Tradionally yes, the patriots do get called for the same amount of penalties as everyone else, but the problem is when these are called. Watch the browns game when Campbell was QB, the final drive in the 4th there was a PI called to set up the patriots to win, even though the browns outplayed them all game and that was a ticky tack call. The cooks TD this year to beat the texans is another perfect example, the ball obviously came out, but nope they ruled it a TD. It's not the amount of penalties in game, its the final quarter that calls are missed or sceptical in favor of NE

Cali512
10-26-2017, 05:16 AM
How is this a catch
Pause at :34

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=odIVakwBxQk

YardRat
10-26-2017, 05:31 AM
How is this a catch

Ask the Jets.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2017, 05:41 AM
Interesting

DraftBoy
10-26-2017, 06:44 AM
How is this a catch

The ball can hit the ground and it can even move, however possession can't be lost and on that replay you can't say definitively that he either maintained or lost possession. The call on the field had to stand.

Cali512
10-26-2017, 09:12 AM
The ball can hit the ground and it can even move, however possession can't be lost and on that replay you can't say definitively that he either maintained or lost possession. The call on the field had to stand.

The ball falls out of his hand and on the ground. It is definitive as hell. If Dez didn't catch the ball, than neither did Cooks, not only that but the ball slipped out of cooks hands just like Seferian Jenkins hands which was ruled a fumble. Your so wrong on this. This was the first time I've ever seen this play not overturned ever, and I've seen some dumb **** overturned

DraftBoy
10-26-2017, 09:22 AM
The ball falls out of his hand and on the ground. It is definitive as hell. If Dez didn't catch the ball, than neither did Cooks, not only that but the ball slipped out of cooks hands just like Seferian Jenkins hands which was ruled a fumble. Your so wrong on this. This was the first time I've ever seen this play not overturned ever, and I've seen some dumb **** overturned

No, it's not and if that was the Bills and Zay Jones you'd be arguing that it definitely didn't come out of his hands and the call shouldn't even be considered being overturned. To be clear I'm not saying it was a catch or not a catch, I'm saying the replay doesn't give you enough evidence to overturn the call on the field either way.

I thought the Dez catch was a catch and the Jenkins thing was too close for me personally.

Cali512
10-26-2017, 11:19 AM
No, it's not and if that was the Bills and Zay Jones you'd be arguing that it definitely didn't come out of his hands and the call shouldn't even be considered being overturned. To be clear I'm not saying it was a catch or not a catch, I'm saying the replay doesn't give you enough evidence to overturn the call on the field either way.

I thought the Dez catch was a catch and the Jenkins thing was too close for me personally.

No I would said the same I did about the Hyde int this year, and the matt Ryan fumble. I'd say damn, we got away with that one

Cali512
10-26-2017, 11:25 AM
https://ibb.co/mnfCi6

DraftBoy
10-26-2017, 11:35 AM
https://ibb.co/mnfCi6

You can't see the other side of the ball. The ball is allowed to hit the ground but there is no way to determine what level of possession, or lack thereof, he has at that moment. You can't overturn that call.

Cali512
10-26-2017, 11:46 AM
You can't see the other side of the ball. The ball is allowed to hit the ground but there is no way to determine what level of possession, or lack thereof, he has at that moment. You can't overturn that call.

The whole ball is on the ground and you are supposed to maintain control throughout the catch. The ball initially was in his arms, when he fell to the ground the ball slid out of his arms and wedged under his elbow and body and on the ground. That's the definition of losing control of the ball

DraftBoy
10-26-2017, 12:23 PM
The whole ball is on the ground and you are supposed to maintain control throughout the catch. The ball initially was in his arms, when he fell to the ground the ball slid out of his arms and wedged under his elbow and body and on the ground. That's the definition of losing control of the ball

One arm is on top of the ball and the other arm is not viewable. You have no way of knowing what level of control he either has or doesn't have at the moment of your screenshot. It's inconclusive and the call rightfully stood.

The Toe Show
10-26-2017, 02:05 PM
"I like my football action punctuated and well-regulated. Ideally, watching a football game is like watching people check out for groceries, with frequent price checks and no people eating while in-line, but–actually people do it all the time, and that's okay–sometimes." - Jeff Fisher, Competition Committee Chairman 2011-2016

feldspar
10-26-2017, 02:11 PM
Ed "the Hulk" Hochuli.

What a putz.

Thurmal
10-26-2017, 05:40 PM
The one thing that bugs me the most about the media is when they defend the patriots obvious ref favoritism. Tradionally yes, the patriots do get called for the same amount of penalties as everyone else, but the problem is when these are called. Watch the browns game when Campbell was QB, the final drive in the 4th there was a PI called to set up the patriots to win, even though the browns outplayed them all game and that was a ticky tack call. The cooks TD this year to beat the texans is another perfect example, the ball obviously came out, but nope they ruled it a TD. It's not the amount of penalties in game, its the final quarter that calls are missed or sceptical in favor of NE
This is how refs work Pats games -- the calls will go in NE's favor, both in amount and importance, all game. Then, when the Pats are comfortably ahead, they'll start calling inconsequential stuff on them in a flurry at the end of the game. When you look at the final scorecard, the number of penalties look even, but they're anything but.

YardRat
10-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Boom.

Big first down pick-up on third and ten, to the red zone, and the bull**** offense op flag comes out.

****ers.

We better get a HUGE make-up call.

Luisito23
10-29-2017, 12:39 PM
Good defense!