PDA

View Full Version : Bills give Boldin permission to seek trade

YardRat
10-26-2017, 06:37 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/26/bills-grant-anquan-boldin-permission-to-seek-a-trade/

OpIv37
10-26-2017, 06:40 PM
**** this guy.

YardRat
10-26-2017, 06:42 PM
Yeah, not happy. I used to like him a lot.

Mr. Miyagi
10-26-2017, 06:42 PM
He's dying to go to the Pats.

SpikedLemonade
10-26-2017, 07:47 PM
**** this guy.
I will give him as much love as Trump has given Puerto Rico.

jimmifli
10-26-2017, 08:38 PM
He's dying to go to the Pats.

That's why he's not being released. If anyone else wants him, we might see a swap of 7th round picks or something empty like that. But we're not letting a division rival add him, probably not at all, but certainly not without compensation.

yordad
10-26-2017, 09:16 PM
Yea. Fk him. Why doesn't he want to unretire w buffalo?

Mace
10-26-2017, 09:17 PM
I'll take more picks, yes.

Not really sure Boldin has much left anyway, though it's instinctive to want to think he's even who he was last year. If they do trade him, I'd expect conditioning injury and minimal production, even with the Pats.

Goobylal
10-26-2017, 09:21 PM
Lost whatever respect I used to have for him. Not that he isn't anything but worthless at this point of his career.

Mace
10-26-2017, 10:22 PM
Lost whatever respect I used to have for him. Not that he isn't anything but worthless at this point of his career.

Well, you have to give him credit for quickly accomplishing his larger life purpose in the battle for human rights. He must have won. Only took 7 weeks. That's a pretty impressive record of social activism. I'm glad we got the human rights problem out of the way finally.

The Natrix
10-26-2017, 10:40 PM
Maybe the Bills just don't want him.

jamze132
10-26-2017, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't take a 7th. I'd take a 5th just because he ****ed us over. I doubt anyone would trade a 5th anyways so he can just sit out and reassess his decisions.

Scumbag College
10-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Trade him to any NFC team other than the Saints since the Bills will play them in a few weeks.

Skooby
10-26-2017, 11:44 PM
If we let him walk will we gain a compensatory pick ??

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2017, 04:41 AM
If we let him walk will we gain a compensatory pick ??

That's the million dollar question. I have a feeling the answer is no, or they'd have let him go already.

Yasgur's Farm
10-27-2017, 05:44 AM
He was signed too late to be included in the compensate equation.

DraftBoy
10-27-2017, 06:44 AM
There was something on Twitter last night about Boldin and the Bills that seemed to indicate the Bills not being upfront with him about something. I have no idea and honestly I was only half following the tweets because I was watching Atlanta United lose in the MLS playoffs.

Either way I have a lot of respect for what Boldin has done in the community and I respected his decision to retire to focus on it. I don't respect this though, this is a ****ty move.

jimmifli
10-27-2017, 07:18 AM
Maybe the Bills just don't want him.

Of course we don't. He quit on the team. He didn't buy in to "the process". He's getting no where near that locker room again. They just don't want Brady throwing to him at the Ralph in December.

justasportsfan
10-27-2017, 07:38 AM
There was something on Twitter last night about Boldin and the Bills that seemed to indicate the Bills not being upfront with him about something.

He was told we would be winning some games and be competitive. Then as it turned out the bills were tanking by trading Watkins Darby, so he bailed.

Oh wait.

Novacane
10-27-2017, 08:05 AM
There was something on Twitter last night about Boldin and the Bills that seemed to indicate the Bills not being upfront with him about something. I have no idea and honestly I was only half following the tweets because I was watching Atlanta United lose in the MLS playoffs.

Either way I have a lot of respect for what Boldin has done in the community and I respected his decision to retire to focus on it. I don't respect this though, this is a ****ty move.

Have respect for what he does in the community but that's not why he retired. Wanting back in now should pretty much put to rest that BS being the reason he retired.

DraftBoy
10-27-2017, 08:20 AM
Have respect for what he does in the community but that's not why he retired. Wanting back in now should pretty much put to rest that BS being the reason he retired.

I can't disrespect somebody who wants to give back. We have no way of knowing if at the moment he truly felt that reason or not. We can only go off what was stated.

- - - Updated - - -

He was told we would be winning some games and be competitive. Then as it turned out the bills were tanking by trading Watkins Darby, so he bailed.

Oh wait.

To be fair you, and I, thought they were tanking after the Watkins and Darby trade too.

Novacane
10-27-2017, 08:34 AM
I can't disrespect somebody who wants to give back. We have no way of knowing if at the moment he truly felt that reason or not. We can only go off what was stated.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair you, and I, thought they were tanking after the Watkins and Darby trade too.

He felt like the Bills were going to suck and the community service was a good excuse to not look like a quitter. That JMO of course.

DraftBoy
10-27-2017, 08:35 AM
He felt like the Bills were going to suck and the community service was a good excuse to not look like a quitter. That JMO of course.

You're free to believe that.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-27-2017, 09:17 AM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anquan-boldin-reportedly-remains-intrigued-by-the-possibility-of-joining-patriots/

The Patriots (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/NE/new-england-patriots) could use another receiver after losing Julian Edelman (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1674116/julian-edelman) to a torn ACL (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mri-on-julian-edelmans-knee-reportedly-confirms-torn-acl-for-patriots-receiver/). Could that receiver be Anquan Boldin?
According to Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, Boldin and the Patriots had "mutual interest" earlier this offseason. And even though Boldin ultimately signed with the Bills (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anquan-boldin-is-reportedly-signing-a-one-year-deal-with-the-bills/)before deciding to retire from football, (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/anquan-boldin-reportedly-retires-less-than-two-weeks-after-signing-with-bills/) Volin reports that Boldin "remains intrigued by the possibility." (http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/09/02/nfl-season-offers-lot-look-forward/DD8QvB6u3Z325l2NLHjr6J/story.html)

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2017, 10:09 AM
If they trade him to New England, it better be for a 3rd round pick or better. Otherwise not a chance I'd do it if I were Beane. Screw him.

Bill Cody
10-27-2017, 10:59 AM
If they trade him to New England, it better be for a 3rd round pick or better. Otherwise not a chance I'd do it if I were Beane. Screw him.

that's silly. I'd trade him to NE or any other team for a 7th in a heart beat. All day every day. We have nothing to fear from Boldin. He's old and worthless. Bring me a 7th and that is pure gravy. Yes please.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2017, 12:46 PM
that's silly. I'd trade him to NE or any other team for a 7th in a heart beat. All day every day. We have nothing to fear from Boldin. He's old and worthless. Bring me a 7th and that is pure gravy. Yes please.

Yeah ok

Joe Fo Sho
10-27-2017, 12:56 PM

Oh man, after all the crying about letting Gillislee go to NE can you imagine how much whining there would be about trading Bolding to NE for a 7th?

For me, I'd trade him to anyone in the NFC for a 7th, anyone in the AFC for a 6th, to the Jets and Miami for a 5th, and to NE for a 2nd.

Turf
10-27-2017, 01:13 PM
Well, you have to give him credit for quickly accomplishing his larger life purpose in the battle for human rights. He must have won. Only took 7 weeks. That's a pretty impressive record of social activism. I'm glad we got the human rights problem out of the way finally.

Potential post of the year.

Bill Cody
10-27-2017, 02:51 PM
Oh man, after all the crying about letting Gillislee go to NE can you imagine how much whining there would be about trading Bolding to NE for a 7th?

For me, I'd trade him to anyone in the NFC for a 7th, anyone in the AFC for a 6th, to the Jets and Miami for a 5th, and to NE for a 2nd.

Those 2 things have little in common really. Boldin decided for whatever reason he didn't want to play here. Anything we get for him therefore is pure profit. Not the case with Gillslee, he was and would be a useful player here. It's unlikely NE would want him anyway. He's DONE. I'd rather have a 7th than nothing for a GUY THAT'S RETIRED. A 2nd? It's not at all clear to me a single team would offer a 7th. There is NE hate and then there's cutting off your nose to spite your face. The guys asking for silly compensation from NE would be the folks that if they were fighting over a loose $20 bill in the parking lot would rather rip the bill to shreds that go $10 each with the NE fan.

Night Train
10-27-2017, 04:49 PM

They have drive thru social activism express in Miami.

Wide enough lanes for Cadillac Escalades.

Novacane
10-27-2017, 11:55 PM
that's silly. I'd trade him to NE or any other team for a 7th in a heart beat. All day every day. We have nothing to IIf fear from Boldin. He's old and worthless. Bring me a 7th and that is pure gravy. Yes please.

If he caught 1 TD in NE that's to much for a pick that is almost sure to be cut. No thanks.

ublinkwescore
10-28-2017, 08:44 AM
Wonder if Bolin is regretting retirment... especially if the Bills make the playoffs this year.

justasportsfan
10-28-2017, 09:45 AM

I honestly didn't. I thought they were cleaning house and getting players that fit their system.

MCD tried hard to sell his vision to guys like Kyle and he did. If he were tanking he wouldn't have bothered.

Goobylal
10-28-2017, 11:09 AM

No one's crying about Gillislee anymore. Except for the Cheaters/their fans. He's been a bust since game 1.