PDA

View Full Version : Miami got crushed 40-0

Skooby
10-26-2017, 11:37 PM
Playoff teams don’t lose 40-0 to conference opponents, Moore is a open book of simplicity.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2017, 04:42 AM
They are such a schizophrenic team.

YardRat
10-27-2017, 05:56 AM
I was pretty stunned to see the graphic during the game last night that showed over the previous 16 games the Dolphins had the second most wins in the NFL, behind only KC and NE.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it may just be a case of the Raven's having their number...they smoked them pretty bad last season too.

SpikedLemonade
10-27-2017, 06:18 AM
The Dolphins are going no where.

Mr. Miyagi
10-27-2017, 06:40 AM
Between Kiko destroying a sliding QB, Suh grabbing Mallett by the throat, and Hayes poking in the eye, are the Dolphins a bunch of dirty rats now under Gase?

DraftBoy
10-27-2017, 06:41 AM
Alonso should have been tossed and deserves to be suspended. His hit on Flacco was vicious.

Skooby
10-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Between Kiko destroying a sliding QB, Suh grabbing Mallett by the throat, and Hayes poking in the eye, are the Dolphins a bunch of dirty rats now under Gase?
Undisciplined at least.

justasportsfan
10-27-2017, 07:33 AM
Alonso should have been tossed and deserves to be suspended. His hit on Flacco was vicious.

I don't think so. Flacco was going for the first down and went down at the last second. It was flagrant.

OpIv37
10-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Miami has been shut out 3 times in 7 games. Their O is way too inconsistent.

feldspar
10-27-2017, 08:35 AM
Kiko's hit was a blatantly dirty cheap shot.

Normally, I'd be biased in his favor because I like him. But he should have been kicked out of the game for that, and I think he should be suspended at least a game for it.

He was headhunting.

DraftBoy
10-27-2017, 08:37 AM
I don't think so. Flacco was going for the first down and went down at the last second. It was flagrant.

The backside replay showed Alonso see Flacco going down and lower his shoulder in order to ensure he made contact despite the slide already being in progress. There are plenty of examples every Saturday and Sunday where defenders either pull up and make sure they stay high to avoid the QB.

It was a dirty hit and cheap shot. I hope Alonso is suspended for multiple games, there should be no place in the league for that kind of bull****.

ghz in pittsburgh
10-27-2017, 08:56 AM
Unfortunately I see it differently.

If Lorenzo is running full speed seeing Brady sliding for the 1st down mark or Preston is flying to where Carr is going for that 1st down, I want them to do exactly what Alonso did - take those QBs out of the game, for the team.

They are not like Tyrod where running is part of his game (and pretty good at dealing with the end collision), you rarely get a chance for a shot at Flacco, Carr, and Brady kind.

feldspar
10-27-2017, 09:00 AM

If Lorenzo is running full speed seeing Brady sliding for the 1st down mark or Preston is flying to where Carr is going for that 1st down, I want them to do exactly what Alonso did - take those QBs out of the game, for the team.

Yeah, well why don't we just smack those guys in the knee with a lead pipe BEFORE the game...pull a Tonya Harding on their ass, or whatever she did?

ghz in pittsburgh
10-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Yeah, well why don't we just smack those guys in the knee with a lead pipe BEFORE the game...pull a Tonya Harding on their ass, or whatever she did?

Hits are part of the game. If they want to run like Flacco did last night, it is the job of guys like Alonso to punish them, just like they would to a running back or a receiver coming through the middle.

Matt Moore was hit hard all game long yesterday. I think that had something to do with his performance.

justasportsfan
10-27-2017, 09:11 AM
The backside replay showed Alonso see Flacco going down and lower his shoulder in order to ensure he made contact despite the slide already being in progress. There are plenty of examples every Saturday and Sunday where defenders either pull up and make sure they stay high to avoid the QB.

It was a dirty hit and cheap shot. I hope Alonso is suspended for multiple games, there should be no place in the league for that kind of bull****.

Not for me. Flacco was gong full speed for the 1st down and only went down at the last second. He barely even hit the ground when Kiko hit him. I agree with Cowher. It was NOT flagrant. (couldn't edit my last post)

feldspar
10-27-2017, 09:18 AM
Hits are part of the game. If they want to run like Flacco did last night, it is the job of guys like Alonso to punish them, just like they would to a running back or a receiver coming through the middle.

Matt Moore was hit hard all game long yesterday. I think that had something to do with his performance.

If you want to "punish" someone illegally, then you should be punished in turn, which is what I think should happen to Kiko.

Not for me. Flacco was gong full speed for the 1st down and only went down at the last second. He barely even hit the ground when Kiko hit him. I agree with Cowher. It was NOT flagrant. (couldn't edit my last post)

Kiko knew damn well Flacco was sliding; otherwise, he would never have taken the angle he did nor got the shot in at all. He nailed the guy in the head when he was just about on the ground already. Kiko saw him going to the ground before he hit him. That's just obvious.

You are saying that this might have been an accident? Please...it was intentional. No doubt.

DraftBoy
10-27-2017, 09:26 AM

They are not like Tyrod where running is part of his game (and pretty good at dealing with the end collision), you rarely get a chance for a shot at Flacco, Carr, and Brady kind.

Rooting for a player to take that kind of shot that can not only lead to the player leaving a game but also lead to CTE is pretty ****ty. You're rooting for one of our players to injure an opposing player so severely that at the least they suffer a concussion and leave the game, but at worst could have long-term brain damage. All for a ****ing game...

- - - Updated - - -

We'll have to agree to disagree, there was 3-4 yards of separation between Kiko and Flacco when Flacco starts his slide.

Homegrown
10-27-2017, 09:37 AM
They are who we thought they were.....

ghz in pittsburgh
10-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Rooting for a player to take that kind of shot that can not only lead to the player leaving a game but also lead to CTE is pretty ****ty. You're rooting for one of our players to injure an opposing player so severely that at the least they suffer a concussion and leave the game, but at worst could have long-term brain damage. All for a ****ing game...

So? The solution is simple. Don't run if you don't know how. Throw the ball instead.

Turf
10-27-2017, 09:40 AM
Suh ought to be suspended for several games, the guy is out of control. Kiko's definitely going to get something.

justasportsfan
10-27-2017, 09:41 AM
If you want to "punish" someone illegally, then you should be punished in turn, which is what I think should happen to Kiko.

Kiko knew damn well Flacco was sliding; otherwise, he would never have taken the angle he did nor got the shot in at all. He nailed the guy in the head when he was just about on the ground already. Kiko saw him going to the ground. That's just obvious.

You are saying that this was an accident?

Flacco should have slid by the time he saw # 80 come at him . But no, he tried to beat #80 to the the 1st down and only decided in the last second to go down and by that time Kiko's momentum was already moving forward. Flacco didn't even slide more than 1 yard before he got hit.

Of course it isn't an accident when the intention is to stop someone from getting a first down.I wanted so much for it to be turn out to be a flagrant foul so that Kiko would be ejected and the fins to even lose in the worse way but it wasn't a flagrant foul which is why he wasn't ejected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4vetp61e8

feldspar
10-27-2017, 09:42 AM
So? The solution is simple. Don't run if you don't know how. Throw the ball instead.

Man, that's just a stupid thing to say.

jimmifli
10-27-2017, 09:58 AM
Cam has done the late slide look for a call thing a few times. Alex Smith has looked like he was going out of bounds and then turn up field when the defender slowed.

Slide earlier. Joe was going for the first down and when Kiko closed fast he changed his mind. I think it's still a penalty for a hit to the head, but I don't see it a suspension or ejection type play.

Brutal though, that's the type of hit that can **** up your life.

justasportsfan
10-27-2017, 10:02 AM
Cam has done the late slide look for a call thing a few times.

Here is a video of Cam sliding in the last second. The defender here didn't do anything different from what Kiko did. Only reason why it wasn't a penalty is because Cam didn't get hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILHNvS9XGAc

feldspar
10-27-2017, 10:04 AM
Flacco should have slid by the time he saw # 80 come at him . But no, he tried to beat #80 to the the 1st down and only decided in the last second to go down and by that time Kiko's momentum was already moving forward. Flacco didn't even slide more than 1 yard before he got hit.

Of course it isn't an accident when the intention is to stop someone from getting a first down.I wanted so much for it to be turn out to be a flagrant foul so that Kiko would be ejected and the fins to even lose in the worse way but it wasn't a flagrant foul which is why he wasn't ejected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj4vetp61e8

The ball in downed at the spot the QB starts his slide. Hitting him or not wouldn't change the spot of the ball.

You may as well be saying that players should play scared and not expect the opposition to play by the rules. They might do something malicious to them that might do them massive bodily harm on any given play, and this might be OK.

I can't believe you are defending what Kiko did. I really can't.

Flacco was sliding. Kiki knew it. Period. Again, he wouldn't even been able to hit him at all if he didn't know where his body was...you know, the body that was sliding and just about on the turf anyway.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Suh is a piece of garbage.

Skooby
10-27-2017, 10:10 AM
Suh is a piece of garbage.
He’s the worst.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2017, 10:12 AM
He’s the worst.

Burfict is close

feldspar
10-27-2017, 10:12 AM
He’s the worst.

What did he do this time?

justasportsfan
10-27-2017, 10:14 AM
The ball in downed at the spot the QB starts his slide. Hitting him or not wouldn't change the spot of the ball.

You may as well be saying that players should play scared and not expect the opposition to play by the rules. They might do something malicious to them that might do them massive bodily harm on any given play, and this might be OK.

I can't believe you are defending what Kiko did. I really can't.

Flacco was sliding. Kiki knew it. Period. Again, he wouldn't even been able to hit him at all if he didn't know where his body was...you know, the body that was sliding and just about on the turf anyway.

Are Mooch, Cowher, Dieone , David Carr defending what Kiko did as well? I am all for protecting the qb , but when the qb decides to slide in the last second what is a defender thats already launched to do? Even Harbaugh said in his press conference, on kiko "we were okay afterwards" .... "it was penalized correctly"
Flacco should've tried to slide earlier when the first defender was closing in. He didn't. Tried to get first down and got hit almost simultaneoulsy hitting the ground.

Skooby
10-27-2017, 10:15 AM
What did he do this time?

He basically strangled the Ravens back up QB last night.

Bill Cody
10-27-2017, 11:14 AM
That 1st TD throw from Flacco to Macklin was a thing of beauty.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-27-2017, 11:16 AM

Didn't she lob a hockey puck at Kerrigan's knee?

Mr. Pink
10-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Alonso will get fined around 50k from the league for that hit, and that'll be it.

He doesn't have a cheap shot artist reputation in the league for these type of hits, so he'll be hit in the pocketbook and they'll call it a day.

Joe Fo Sho
10-27-2017, 02:30 PM
Adam Gase has a 14-9 record with a point differential of -77. I'm so glad we get to watch them on prime time next Sunday night against the Raiders and then on Monday Night Football versus the Panthers the week after.

Bill Cody
10-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Are Mooch, Cowher, Dieone , David Carr defending what Kiko did as well? I am all for protecting the qb , but when the qb decides to slide in the last second what is a defender thats already launched to do? Even Harbaugh said in his press conference, on kiko "we were okay afterwards" .... "it was penalized correctly"
Flacco should've tried to slide earlier when the first defender was closing in. He didn't. Tried to get first down and got hit almost simultaneoulsy hitting the ground.

I don't think he had to hit him the way he did. Could he have avoided contract? Probably not but no he didn't need to do what he did, clearly unnecessary. Just like the guy that hurt Rodgers. Could he have avoided that hit entirely? Not clear. Did he have to do what he did? No and he knows that, he did it because he wanted to and he felt he could get away with it (which he did). Some people think that's part of the game but it really shouldn't be. The QB's are the show. It's a rough game and we enjoy that but we're not savages. This isn't Rome.

Bill Cody
10-27-2017, 03:08 PM
Adam Gase has a 14-9 record with a point differential of -77. I'm so glad we get to watch them on prime time next Sunday night against the Raiders and then on Monday Night Football versus the Panthers the week after.

Not defending Gase particularly but you could dig up Lombardi or Walsh and give then a team in today's league with a ****ty QB and they will fail. Yes they will.

YardRat
10-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Kiko would not of come in with that elbow, at that angle, if he didn't already recognize that Flacco was sliding, first. Vicious cheap shot, not even close to being debatable.

Ingtar33
10-27-2017, 05:50 PM
I was pretty stunned to see the graphic during the game last night that showed over the previous 16 games the Dolphins had the second most wins in the NFL, behind only KC and NE.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it may just be a case of the Raven's having their number...they smoked them pretty bad last season too.

in that run they have played almost no one with a winning record. they've had the squishiest schedule in league history over the past 16-17 games.

justasportsfan
10-27-2017, 09:08 PM
I don't think he had to hit him the way he did. Could he have avoided contract? Probably not but no he didn't need to do what he did, clearly unnecessary. Just like the guy that hurt Rodgers. Could he have avoided that hit entirely? Not clear. Did he have to do what he did? No and he knows that, he did it because he wanted to and he felt he could get away with it (which he did). Some people think that's part of the game but it really shouldn't be. The QB's are the show. It's a rough game and we enjoy that but we're not savages. This isn't Rome.

He already launched when Joe decided to slide. I didn't hear any of the coaches or players call him a savage. Not even Harbaugh. If he was, he would have been ejected. Plain and simple.

Bill Cody
10-27-2017, 09:54 PM
He already launched when Joe decided to slide. I didn't hear any of the coaches or players call him a savage. Not even Harbaugh. If he was, he would have been ejected. Plain and simple.

I was talking about fans looking for blood. As far as the hit, I disagree. He crushed him. He didn’t have to. Period.

jamze132
10-27-2017, 10:35 PM
What's really awesome is that Gase pretty much had a hissy fit during his presser and called out the entire offense. He even went as far as saying that some of his players don't know what they're doing out there! lmao