• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

Marcell Dareus worst non-QB of the top 10 2011 draft picks

JJ Watt was 11.

We fired everyone from the scouting dept, right?

• Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Re: Marcell Dareus worst non-QB of the top 10 2011 draft picks

Leading up to the 2011 draft most posters on this site didn't want AJ Green or Patrick Peterson.... One thing that I hope is different with this new regime is during the scouting and predraft process they are able to see and figure out which players are motivated and driven and which ones are lazy and don't love football.. Was there no way for Tom Donahoe to see that Mike Williams was lazy and didnt love football and Buddy Nix couldn't see these issues with Dareus?

Comment

• Oaf
      • Jun 2007

There's a video of me celebrating the pick. I did not want Von Miller or Pat Peterson. Shows how much I know.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
        Leading up to the 2011 draft most posters didn't want AJ Green or Patrick Peterson.... One thing that I hope is different with this new regime is during the scouting and predraft process they are able to see and figure out which players are motivated and driven and which ones are lazy and don't love football.. Was there no way for Tom Donahoe to see that Mike Williams was lazy and didnt love football and Buddy Nix couldn't see these issues with Dareus?
        They are off to a good start with White and others from this draft.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Gibby
          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
          • Jun 2006

At the same time I cannot blame the front office for drafting Dareus. Much like Williams a decade earlier he was a can't miss pick that seemed safe and targeted a big need.

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
            I did not want Von Miller or Pat Peterson. Shows how much I know.
            You're not alone...

Whatever though, he's ghost...

Time to move on.
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Arm of Harm
              • Dec 2015

Based on the pre-draft reports I'd read, I was expecting Dareus to be good, but not outstanding.

Any time you have a top-5 pick, you look to get an outstanding football player. That's why I wanted A.J. Greene. And an outstanding football player is exactly what he's become.

Problem being, that on a team like the Bills, Greene would have largely been wasted. No sense in having a Hall of Fame receiver if you don't have a quarterback.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

What a waste of talent. Could have been just as good if not better than Wilfork.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

I don't think the problem was in drafting Dareus, the problem was that ridiculous extension without a clause forfeiting guaranteed money in the event of suspension. In the end it was the weight of the guaranteed money that razored patience and hope. Having to work to get that money back would not have harmed his effort and focus any.

Comment

• Oaf
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    I don't think the problem was in drafting Dareus, the problem was that ridiculous extension without a clause forfeiting guaranteed money in the event of suspension. In the end it was the weight of the guaranteed money that razored patience and hope. Having to work to get that money back would not have harmed his effort and focus any.
                    Fair to say. But even as an all-pro, we "lucked out" with the worst of the top 5 and arguably still top 10.

Comment

• jamze132
                      • Jun 2003

I'm just glad he's finally gone. You can't tell me there weren't hungrier players making nothing while watching this fat slob rake in the dough... That's a locker room cancer if you ask me.

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                        Fair to say. But even as an all-pro, we "lucked out" with the worst of the top 5 and arguably still top 10.
                        Well, you can't really ignore the QB's if you want to be practical. So Locker & Gabbert join the troubled Aldon Smith who has had his own issues from the top 10.

Besides that though, you're preaching to the choir. I'm not upset he's out of here. I'm also not real sure though that a lot of those guys in that first round would have achieved the same success in our, ah, "organization".

Comment

• John Doe
                          Florida Man
                          • Jul 2002

Under the new regime, the highest payed player on the team has to be one of the team leaders. Kyle Williams was more deserving of that contract in that light.

Dareus was starting to play better, and I wanted to see if he could continue to regain his form as a dominant player, but he was not going to become the leader that they needed him to be.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                            I'm just glad he's finally gone. You can't tell me there weren't hungrier players making nothing while watching this fat slob rake in the dough... That's a locker room cancer if you ask me.
                            True story.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

You can't measure a player's heart or desire to be great. Dareus being shipped-out is ultimately on him. And the problem the Bills face is that more than a few players just really DGAF about being/playing in Buffalo. So what do they have to lose by flashing some ability and then moving on?

Comment

Working...
                              X