PDA

View Full Version : "It's only a flesh wound..."

YardRat
10-28-2017, 11:35 AM
I've been posting 'Playoffs' here and there for quite some time now, almost from the beginning of the hiring of the new staff. I've been serious, I've really felt like this is the season they break the drought...they've got enough talent barring a rash of injuries, and coaching goes a long way. If the defense and special teams can stay consistently better-than-average to really good, the offense with Tyrod, Shady, etc should be good enough to at least get us there. I have to admit however, that all of these personnel moves are starting to wear down my confidence and I realized this morning I'm starting to feel like the Black Knight from Monty Python.

Playoffs! (Off goes Watkins)
Playoffs! (Off goes Darby)
Playoffs! (Off goes Boldin)
Playoffs? (Off goes Dareus)

"Come back, I'll bite your bloody knees off."

http://d1gjpyq0w94yrb.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/12145418/monty-python-14.jpg

sudzy
10-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Alright. We'll call it a draw.

Wally The Barber
10-28-2017, 12:10 PM
I enjoy the moves, reminds me of checkers

YardRat
10-28-2017, 03:17 PM
I need a victory tomorrow over the Raiders to re-invigorate the juices.

justasportsfan
10-28-2017, 04:27 PM
We are winning without them even Dareus who hasnt contributed much when we do.

That being said, IMO our playoffs depends on whether the D can sustain the way it's been playing and if our run game can pick up.

Night Train
10-28-2017, 06:19 PM
I expect little from the Bills this year . Love what McDermott and Beane have done to build this long term. What a refreshing change. Real hope.

jamze132
10-28-2017, 07:36 PM
I expect little from the Bills this year . Love what McDermott and Beane have done to build this long term. What a refreshing change. Real hope.

I expected little going into the season but this team has shown me a glimpse of hope for this season. Of course we could lose at home tomorrow to a west coast team and the whole dream goes up in flames but the new coaching staff has these players ready to play and we're making adjustments on the fly based on the flow of the game. We never really did that before...

Mr. Cynical
10-28-2017, 07:41 PM
Just focus on the 10 picks next year. That is a s*** load of picks. Literally could go from being one of the oldest teams to one of the youngest in 1 year. IF, and that is a big IF, Beane picks well, the Bills may finally be in position to make a run over the next 3-5 years. That many picks really can shape a team...

YardRat
10-29-2017, 02:46 PM
I need a victory tomorrow over the Raiders to re-invigorate the juices.

Thank you Buffalo.

Playoffs.

psubills62
10-29-2017, 08:31 PM
Are we expected to get any of those injured players back soon? Is Matthews back to full health yet or is he playing hurt?

Chet
10-29-2017, 09:45 PM
I always thought it was "tis but a flesh wound."

jimmifli
10-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Playoffs.

You and my time machine.