PDA

View Full Version : Are the bills legit?

ublinkwescore
10-29-2017, 03:50 PM
Are they?

swiper
10-29-2017, 03:51 PM
I don't know yet.

Luisito23
10-29-2017, 03:54 PM
Yeah, it's too early right now...

The coach on the other hand though definitely seems to be the real deal.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-29-2017, 03:54 PM
I have had my hopes for this team dashed so many times, but if we can get to 7-3 or 8-3 then maybe just maybe but I think the foundation is being built. This team in so many ways is sort of like 1987, they are going to be a force but just not quite yet

northernbillfan
10-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Time will tell. The problem with the season is the schedule. Who decided the Bills have four divisional games in the last five including two against the Cheatriots?

It would be nice to be 8-3 or 9-2 before the first NE game, but they'll more than likely be 7-4. If it's the usual split against the Fish, and the two game loss to NE make an 8-8 or 9-7 season at best.

swiper
10-29-2017, 04:11 PM
Time will tell. The problem with the season is the schedule. Who decided the Bills have four divisional games in the last five including two against the Cheatriots?

It would be nice to be 8-3 or 9-2 before the first NE game, but they'll more than likely be 7-4. If it's the usual split against the Fish, and the two game loss to NE make an 8-8 or 9-7 season at best.

Hopefully the Bills will be healthy and have their confidence levels off the charts by that time, but yeah, it's weird with the Dolphin & Patriot scheduling.

BillsImpossible
10-29-2017, 04:13 PM
Tom Brady and the Patriots water has to eventually break.

YardRat
10-29-2017, 04:16 PM
They are a legit 5-2.

Pennywise
10-29-2017, 04:30 PM

Yeah, we’re 5-2,and just beat a team by 20 points who beat KC the week before.

8-8, 9-7 at best.

Cripes.

swiper
10-29-2017, 04:31 PM
They are a legit 5-2.

They have to take both Dolphin games and one of the Patriot games and win one other. Then they are successful. (I kid, but I hope for).

Ingtar33
10-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Won't know till we play the pats. If we can beat the pats, yeah i'd say we're legit.

jimmifli
10-29-2017, 04:36 PM
Only 5-2 team that isn't leading their division.

ublinkwescore
10-29-2017, 04:39 PM
They have to take both Dolphin games and one of the Patriot games and win one other. Then they are successful. (I kid, but I hope for).

We got the jets and colts still...

Also the chiefs and chargers. We sweep the AFC west, and beat the saints in our house, I see a lot of potential for a 12-4 season.

ublinkwescore
10-29-2017, 04:41 PM
This team at worst, is a 9-7 team... Colts should be a win. Chargers are a very real possibility for a win.

northernbillfan
10-29-2017, 04:43 PM
Yeah, we’re 5-2,and just beat a team by 20 points who beat KC the week before.

8-8, 9-7 at best.

Cripes.juss being realistic.

coastal
10-29-2017, 04:43 PM
Can they beat the Jets, split with Pats, sweep the Fish and beat the Saints?

If so... I can get back to some fun avatars.

swiper
10-29-2017, 04:57 PM
We got the jets and colts still...

Also the chiefs and chargers. We sweep the AFC west, and beat the saints in our house, I see a lot of potential for a 12-4 season.

I live in the Jets TV broadcast area. They are much better than you might expect. They could have won all of their last three games. They got robbed by a bad call in the NE game. They almost beat the Dolphins and Falcons also. That game (for the Bills) is this Thursday (short week with travel). If they win that game alone, we should all consider thinking they are legit.

The Chargers are also better than we think. Us east coasters any way. They put up a stat that the Chargers, after losing their first 4, won their next 3. Yes, they lost to the Patriots today. But I think they are also better than advertised.

swiper
10-29-2017, 05:03 PM
I don't know yet.

I don't know yet. I never stopped being a Bills fan, but I am back to enjoying every week again. You'll see a change in my attitude.

Night Train
10-29-2017, 05:09 PM
They are a legit 5-2.
Bullseye

This whole plan was for next year and the loaded draft. Year 1 of a new adm. is shaping the roster, long term.

Role players are coming through and the Bills are overachieving, due to excellent coaching and playing within their talent. There will be more Cinci games but this place bought into the summer media declaration that the team sucked and would struggle this year.

Too bad they have to play the games and the roster ignored the nonsense.

BillsImpossible
10-29-2017, 05:11 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HFCv86Olk8E" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pennywise
10-29-2017, 05:16 PM
All this just shows what a damned circus Rex Ryan was. Hands down the worst coach of the drought era.

swiper
10-29-2017, 05:17 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HFCv86Olk8E" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

All this just shows what a damned circus Rex Ryan was. Hands down the worst coach of the drought era.

Surely. Has been said before. It's behind us. Thankfully.

djjimkelly
10-29-2017, 05:49 PM
i believe the defense is legit. but can we expect to keep getting turnovers in the volume we have been. i dont know

i do not under any circumstance believe this offense is legit.

i do not believe we can play from behind. legit teams can

Buddo
10-29-2017, 06:38 PM
i believe the defense is legit. but can we expect to keep getting turnovers in the volume we have been. i dont know

i do not believe we can play from behind. legit teams can
The offense still has more to do, but is at least being efficient in respect of hanging onto the football.

We can, and do, play from behind, but we don't do it very well in the last quarter of the game. We mostly do a pretty good job of hanging in there with teams though.

I'd say they are 'legit', in respect of the fact that they look well organized, and appear to know what they are doing. We are very much now, a team that nobody will look at and think of as an automatic win.

There are a lot of testing games coming up, yet I think we might have a shot at winning any of them, if the team keeps performing as it has done so far. I don't for one moment expect us to win all those games, but I do expect them to be regularly close, and with a bit of luck, we can win a good few of them.

jimmifli
10-29-2017, 06:39 PM

Longest streak of 20+ points in franchise history.

Novacane
10-29-2017, 06:48 PM
Longest streak of 20+ points in franchise history.

That's hard to believe the Kgun never did that. The offense is ugly at times but they are getting the job done. The defense has been a big part of the offensive success too. 13 points today produced by the D.