PDA

View Full Version : Bills haven't started 6-2 or better since 1993...Let's beat the Jets!

Ed
10-29-2017, 05:34 PM
I know this team has started 5-3 a handful of times, but I was trying to remember the last time they started their first 8 games with 6 or more wins and I couldn't. So I went back and started looking at each season, and you have to go back all the way to 1993 when they started 7-1, on their way to their 4th superbowl in a row. Pretty crazy that this team has a chance to do something they haven't done since those superbowl teams.

So can the Bills keep it going and win this week in NY? Being a road team on Thursday night is really tough, and the Jets aren't the really bad team everyone thought they'd be. I haven't watched them much, but they certainly don't feel like an easy win. I like the way this team is rolling right now though.

What should we be worried about most with the Jets?

YardRat
10-29-2017, 05:38 PM

Overlooking them.

Night Train
10-29-2017, 05:38 PM
Don't count chickens..

DraftBoy
10-29-2017, 05:39 PM
Overlooking them.

Yup, Jets just gave the Falcons all they wanted and we have a short week to prep for the game. Last thing we need is a classic let down performance v. the Jets.

Luisito23
10-29-2017, 05:40 PM

Their defense...

That's the only thing that they have that is not complete trash.

Mr. Miyagi
10-29-2017, 07:07 PM
Yup, Jets just gave the Falcons all they wanted and we have a short week to prep for the game. Last thing we need is a classic let down performance v. the Jets.
Yes, that's the right mentality if you're a player. We're fans. We can overlook and underestimate and be over confident. We change nothing on the field.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-29-2017, 07:13 PM
Let's not get cocky. We thump Brady in December then we can thump our chests. Lots of football left and the Jets game is just the sort that we have ****ed the hell up in time and again during the famine

psubills62
10-29-2017, 07:45 PM
This feels like exactly the kind of game we'd drop, similar to the Bengals game.

Would be a major win if we pull it out, though.

psubills62
10-29-2017, 07:48 PM
Don't the Jets also have a short week to prepare?

The NFL can be really up and down but crazy stuff happens on Thursday nights, especially in away games. Could easily lose this one.

DraftBoy
10-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Yes, that's the right mentality if you're a player. We're fans. We can overlook and underestimate and be over confident. We change nothing on the field.

I've honestly never quite understood, or agreed with, the fanatic mindset you talked about here.

PuntKicker
10-29-2017, 10:27 PM
I've honestly never quite understood, or agreed with, the fanatic mindset you talked about here.

You do realize that's what the word "fan" means though, right?

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2017, 04:41 AM
This will not be the same Jets team the Bills faced week 1.

Now, that being said, I don't think the Jets match up well at all with Buffalo. Their style of offense plays right into Buffalo's hands. It will be a hostile environment, in prime time. Let's see how the team responds. Honestly, this might be the biggest game of the year so far. The upcoming schedule is brutal.

Historian
10-30-2017, 05:00 AM
Will the uniforms look like Christmas decorations again?

DraftBoy
10-30-2017, 06:30 AM
You do realize that's what the word "fan" means though, right?

No...can you break it down with graphs and pictures please?

Skooby
10-30-2017, 06:39 AM
No...can you break it down with graphs and pictures please?
I’d like a chart too, just so I can say charts and graphs. I’ll have no idea what I’m looking at but it makes me look smarter.

Joe Fo Sho
10-30-2017, 07:15 AM
Will the uniforms look like Christmas decorations again?

I really hope so.