• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Media loves Tyrod yet fans in buffalo hate him

I Find it weird we stunk for so long and Tyrod is our QB. The guy ranks high in QBR rankings last 2 years. Also watching games I hear Boomer Esiasan, Bill Cowher, Nate Burlson and others raving on how much they love him.

I know he's not top 5 but he's not too far from top 10-11. Look at the talent around him outside McCoy. Results are pretty good for cast
    around him.
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Re: Media loves Tyrod yet fans in buffalo hate him

His two positives are that he can get out of the pocket and move, since our O-line is not great, and he doesn't turn the ball over.

That's it. He is completely impotent as a passer, and this team would probably be 7-0 with a slightly above-average guy. The media doesn't watch every minute of the games like Bills fans do.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

He's actually perfect for what this team does. I will be 100% opposed to moving on from Tyrod without a proven replacement. Not a rookie with potential. I am confident that our front office knows not to make a move for the sake of making a move.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
        We play to win the game!
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
        His two positives are that he can get out of the pocket and move, since our O-line is not great, and he doesn't turn the ball over.

That's it. He is completely impotent as a passer, and this team would probably be 7-0 with a slightly above-average guy. The media doesn't watch every minute of the games like Bills fans do.
        Zay Jones catches the ball from Tyrod it was definitely catchable. We win that game too.

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
          Zay Jones catches the ball from Tyrod it was definitely catchable. We win that game too.
          He had to stop running full-speed and leap backwards in the opposite direction. Terrible pass to a guy that was wide-open.
          "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
            Making Spirits Bright
            • Mar 2006

Tyrod's style of play is completely fine if the running game is working and the defense is creating turnovers/scoring their own points. Nobody is going to complain if we keep winning ball games, but that doesn't mean I don't want this team to start/keep looking for a better option at QB.

On the other side, Tyrod style of play is COMPLETELY FRUSTRATING when we're losing. It seems like he's not even trying, because he's so safe with the football. He doesn't adapt his play to the game when he needs to. Not to mention, he's not a good enough passer to lead a team to victory when the defense/running game are struggling.

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
              He had to stop running full-speed and leap backwards in the opposite direction. Terrible pass to a guy that was wide-open.
              actually tyrod threw the ball to a spot (right in the middle of the open zone. It was Jones running the wrong route which made the pass so inaccurate. Had he ran the route the way it appeared to be designed, he would have had a slightly behind him (maybe on his hip) pass to catch. It wasn't a "great" thrown ball, but it was a catchable one if Zay runs the route right. And if he runs the route right, and doesn't break stride too badly to catch it, Jones has a chance at the endzone.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

We don’t hate him, we hate his over / under throws and when he’s off it’s hard to watch games. He’s way too inconsistent to be labeled a franchise QB.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  He's actually perfect for what this team does. I will be 100% opposed to moving on from Tyrod without a proven replacement. Not a rookie with potential. I am confident that our front office knows not to make a move for the sake of making a move.
                  Before the season, and even early in the season I felt the exact opposite of this. Now I'm starting to realize that Tyrod fits this team perfectly, and I think they are actually opening it up more for him. I think he played his best game of the season yesterday. That's what this team needs. A guy who won't turn the ball over, will make some plays and is smart. Yes he still has his infuriating times when he takes sacks he shouldn't instead of throwing the ball away, but I honestly thing he's learning. He threw the ball away a couple of times yesterday which shows he's growing and understands that you can't make every play. I can't wait for Clay to come back.

Comment

• The King
                    Without me it's just Awe so
                    • Jun 2004

The kicker is he's doing this with a cast of receivers who struggle in creating space.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
                      Not catchable at all.

Comment

• The Beef
                        • Sep 2011

Joe nailed it.

Tyrod's play is frustrating, because it's an old school style of football that isn't always glamorous.

Tyrod threw for 165 yards, (a lot of help from the defense and special team) and combined with the running game put 27 points on the board.

Stafford threw for 450 last night and they put up 15 points.

Yesterday's game offensively reminded me of exactly how last year was, and the Ryan's ****ed the defense.

It's an unconventional offense in today's NFL but when the running game is working and Shady is explosive we're seeing 25-30 points a game.

When it's not working you get games like Cincy and Carolina.

There isn't a ton of room for error, that works because if Tyrod is good at one thing it is taking care of the ball.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The King View Post
                          The kicker is he's doing this with a cast of receivers who struggle in creating space.
                          It looks the same as when he had a healthy Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods. He still can’t throw timing routes and this is a timing based offense. Just for example, look at how late and inaccurate the throw to Holmes was.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                            It looks the same as when he had a healthy Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods. He still can’t throw timing routes and this is a timing based offense. Just for example, look at how late and inaccurate the throw to Holmes was.
                            What throw was late and inaccurate to Holmes?

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                              Maybe?
                              • Oct 2003

Let's face it, he's not the answer. Is he terrible? No. His legs save him from being terrible, as does his low INT stat. And I'm not going to bash him relentlessly as yes, we could have worse.

But if we're being honest, as a passer, he probably makes 1 good throw out of 10. So on average, with him tossing 25 balls in a game, he makes 2 good throws. He has poor timing, and his touch is wildly inconsistent. For example, that long pass to Jones on the right sideline could have been a TD had it been thrown correctly. Instead Jones had to contort his body to make a great catch but had to fall down in the process. The Holmes TD was also late, although given the pressure at the time he may not have been able to get it to him earlier. (although his height could have been the reason, since Holmes was open over the middle in the back of the endzone, and that's another TT weakness seeing over the line)

He has a really hard time throwing to space. He waits until his receivers are open, hence the reason he leads the league in time to release the ball (3.34 sec or something like that). If he didn't have his legs, he'd be leading the league in getting sacked for sure. The Oline must have nightmares thinking about pass protecting him, knowing he takes a long time to get the ball out. If he were younger I'd say maybe it improves, but he's no rookie. At this stage he is who he is. He doesn't see the game slowly like a true franchiser (Rodgers, Brady, Brees, etc.) and that's just something you are born with or without.

So, all that said, he is working out because of the strength of the D, his not throwing INTs, and the ground game. Any one of those break down and it is an L. So pray Peterman and/or next year's pick are ready sooner than later.
                              Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 10-30-2017, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X