PDA

View Full Version : When We Beat the Jets on Thursday We Will be THE AFC Wild Card Favourites

SpikedLemonade
10-30-2017, 12:33 PM
We will be 6-2.

The Pats, Steelers, Chiefs and Titans appear to be headed towards winning their respective divisions.

What is left?

Dolphins = 4-3 (and falling)

Ravens = 4-4 (and rising a bit)

Jags = 4-3 (and treading)

Broncos = 3-3

We do have a very difficult final 6 games however we clearly will be favourites for one of the two Wild Card spots after we win on Thursday.

If we had a real QB, we would be competing for the Conference Title.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-30-2017, 12:50 PM
Hate to be that guy, but 17 years of futility has made me that guy, but I only see two games I think are fairly safe to assume we can win, at home against Indy and at home against Miami. We have only won once on the road and so I cannot say wins against the Chiefs where we have always struggled. The Jets are better than we think and the Chargers have been solid as of late and then there are the Saints and the Pats. Hope I am wrong but 7-9 is about it for this year. On the other hand I had them at 2-5 at this point in the season so who knows maybe they could run the table.

Ed
10-30-2017, 12:51 PM
I think the main threats for a WC spot right now are Jags/Titans/Texans and the Ravens. The Dolphins look a lot closer to falling a part than competing for a playoff spot. I think by the time the Bills face them in December they'll be out of it. The Broncos could be staring at another 3 losses in a row playing @KC, @Philly, and vs. Pats. Bills also own the tie-breaker against them.

I actually expect the Jags to take the South division because their schedule is so laughably weak. Not sure what to make of the Titans. They haven't looked that good most of the time. I like the Texans better than the Titans right now, but they have some work to do at 3-4.

Not really sure what to make of the Ravens...

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2017, 01:02 PM
Meh. I'm not counting Thursday as a for sure win, and I'm definitely not getting excited about playoffs yet. The stretch of games after Thursday is brutal. Could easily lose 4 in a row.

Ginger Vitis
10-30-2017, 01:07 PM
so I cannot say wins against the Chiefs where we have always struggled.
Since 2000 the bills have won 4 times in Kansas city...

SpikedLemonade
10-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Since 2000 the bills have won 4 times in Kansas city...

I was there for one of them in 2008.

Chet
10-30-2017, 01:34 PM
Man, that Jets game is huge. I still don't trust the Bills, but luckily you can also say that about all the teams vying for a WC spot. The bad news, however, is that you still cannot count out Cincy, Oakland, or the Chargers. Houston--despite being decimated on defense--is the best team of the bunch, and I think they're good enough to finish 11-5/10-6 and hopefully win their division.

Here are the WC contenders and their corresponding tiers (imo)...I've omitted KC, NE, and PIT as they are sure-fire division winners:

1st tier:

Houston Texans

2nd tier:

Jacksonville Jaguars
Buffalo Bills
Baltimore Ravens

3rd tier:

Tennessee Titans (they are pretenders, have no faith in this team)
L.A. Chargers
Cincinnati Bengals
Oakland Raiders

4th tier:

Miami Dolphins
N.Y. Jets
Denver Broncos (they are ****ed with their upcoming schedule)

Cleveland tier:

Indianapolis Colts
Cleveland Browns

Novacane
10-30-2017, 01:54 PM
I wish we played the Patriots earlier so we could really gauge where this team is.

Pennywise
10-30-2017, 01:59 PM
Hate to be that guy, but 17 years of futility has made me that guy, but I only see two games I think are fairly safe to assume we can win, at home against Indy and at home against Miami. We have only won once on the road and so I cannot say wins against the Chiefs where we have always struggled. The Jets are better than we think and the Chargers have been solid as of late and then there are the Saints and the Pats. Hope I am wrong but 7-9 is about it for this year. On the other hand I had them at 2-5 at this point in the season so who knows maybe they could run the table.
You don’t have to hope you’re wrong. You are.

starrymessenger
10-30-2017, 01:59 PM
We should take down the Jets but 20 years of watching football has taught me that the football gods just do whatever they want and their intentions are inscrutable to mere mortals. Having said that
Bills 23 Jets 17.

SpikedLemonade
10-30-2017, 03:11 PM
Man, that Jets game is huge. I still don't trust the Bills, but luckily you can also say that about all the teams vying for a WC spot. The bad news, however, is that you still cannot count out Cincy, Oakland, or the Chargers. Houston--despite being decimated on defense--is the best team of the bunch, and I think they're good enough to finish 11-5/10-6 and hopefully win their division. ....

The Texans play the Colts in Houston this upcoming weekend and regardless of the Texans injuries on Defence, they will beat the crap out of a Colts team that is running for the bus already.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-30-2017, 04:00 PM
I wish we played the Patriots earlier so we could really gauge where this team is.

December with the season on the line, 8-4 or better is a perfect time to measure this team against the best the league has to offer. We split the series and I like where this team us headed

alohabillsfan
10-30-2017, 04:27 PM
We beat the jets Thursday and the Bills will be the division leader!

jimmifli
10-30-2017, 05:05 PM
If we beat the Jets, x2 fins, and the colts, then lose all the other games we still have a 60% of backing into a wild card.

Win one additional game and it's guaranteed.

TigerJ
10-30-2017, 05:20 PM
In past years I could look at the schedule of upcoming games and just assume certain ones that the Bills would lose. I don't think I can do that this season. I think given the right circumstances the Bills are capable of beating any of the teams left on their schedule, including New England and Kansas City. That is not by any means a prediction that the Bills are going to run the table. I'm hopeful they will win five, and if they get lucky maybe 6 games. The problem is they are also capable of losing any of their remaining games, including Indianapolis. Facing the Colts in December means that is at least a chance Andre Luck is back. The most encouraging thing about the Bills is that they are making far fewer mistakes this year than in the past. That increased consistency means that it is far more likely that the other team is going to have to rely on their own superior play rather than just assuming the Bills will beat themselves. New England's recipe for success has for years been to play consistent, relatively mistake free football; to "out execute their opponent." and wait for their opponent to choke. It's finally looking like Buffalo can look New England in the eye and say, "This time you have to win it yourselves instead of waiting for us to beat ourselves. If you're not good enough, we just might win."

jimmifli
10-30-2017, 05:26 PM
In past years I could look at the schedule of upcoming games and just assume certain ones that the Bills would lose. I don't think I can do that this season. I think given the right circumstances the Bills are capable of beating any of the teams left on their schedule, including New England and Kansas City. That is not by any means a prediction that the Bills are going to run the table. I'm hopeful they will win five, and if they get lucky maybe 6 games. The problem is they are also capable of losing any of their remaining games, including Indianapolis. Facing the Colts in December means that is at least a chance Andre Luck is back. The most encouraging thing about the Bills is that they are making far fewer mistakes this year than in the past. That increased consistency means that it is far more likely that the other team is going to have to rely on their own superior play rather than just assuming the Bills will beat themselves. New England's recipe for success has for years been to play consistent, relatively mistake free football; to "out execute their opponent." and wait for their opponent to choke. It's finally looking like Buffalo can look New England in the eye and say, "This time you have to win it yourselves instead of waiting for us to beat ourselves. If you're not good enough, we just might win."
Luck is done for the year, their season is over, he's getting second opinions on why he still feels pain. No reason to rush him back, they'll end up with a high draft pick and Luck returning next season.

YardRat
10-30-2017, 05:39 PM
Luck is done for the year, their season is over, he's getting second opinions on why he still feels pain. No reason to rush him back, they'll end up with a high draft pick and Luck returning next season.

If they end up with a very high pick, trade Luck during the off-season and draft one of the top QB's available in '18 do they still get credit for drafting a 'franchise' QB with Andrew?

SpikedLemonade
11-02-2017, 02:52 PM
Just a reminder.

Ed
11-02-2017, 03:50 PM
I think we can remove the Texans from the WC conversation with the news that Watson is done for the season with an ACL tear.

I think that leaves Jags/Titans and Ravens as the main threats for the two WC spots.

SpikedLemonade
11-02-2017, 04:38 PM
Is Kelvin playing tonight?

feldspar
11-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Is Kelvin playing tonight?

That's what I want to know.

I read somewhere that he's dressing, but I don't exactly know. They ain't giving it up

YardRat
11-02-2017, 04:46 PM
No inactives announced yet.

feldspar
11-02-2017, 04:50 PM
No inactives announced yet.

Smart not to say, and expected. Par for the course.

SpikedLemonade
11-02-2017, 04:51 PM
I don't know why they can't just tell Kelvin the plays in the huddle.

"Run for that corner and I will throw it high."

It is not rocket surgery.

I think he plays.

Ed
11-02-2017, 04:52 PM
I think he dresses, but probably has a limited role.

SpikedLemonade
11-02-2017, 04:53 PM
Just use he as a Redzone Only Target.

I am good with that.

Mad Bomber
11-02-2017, 07:19 PM
IF we beat the Jets...

SpikedLemonade
11-03-2017, 12:31 AM
CRAP!!!

coastal
11-03-2017, 05:24 AM