PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried

Mr. Miyagi
10-30-2017, 10:16 PM
OK we're 5-2 right now, but look at our schedule ahead.

@ Jets
vs Saints
@ Chargers
@ Chiefs
vs Pats

Even if we beat the Jets, the next 4 games are not easy. We could very well be 6-6 at the end of this stretch and hello 7-9 or 8-8 typical Bills season again.

Maybe I'm just jaded from the 17 years of suck. Can you blame me?

Luisito23
10-30-2017, 10:21 PM
Beat the Jets (which we will) and I'll worry about the rest when it gets here...

If we're truly legit, you've got nothing to worry about.

Skooby
10-31-2017, 02:58 AM
I think the Saints will not fair well outside of their dome & don’t travel well to northern cities. We also have the 12th man and a great defense, so I would think we could at least get our usual group of turnovers.

GregclubSTH
10-31-2017, 04:24 AM
How many were worried when we were about to play Atlanta, Denver or Oakland? Those all worked out fine.

ICRockets
10-31-2017, 04:36 AM
How many were worried when we were about to play Atlanta, Denver or Oakland? Those all worked out fine.

I was worried about Oakland, but the other 2 I think were too early in the season for anybody to have high enough expectations to "worry" per se.

- - - Updated - - -

If we're truly legit, you've got nothing to worry about.
This feels like the right way to look at it, IMO.

YardRat
10-31-2017, 05:35 AM
Playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

One game at a time, Miyagi.

SpikedLemonade
10-31-2017, 05:53 AM

@ Jets
vs Saints
@ Chargers
@ Chiefs
vs Pats

Even if we beat the Jets, the next 4 games are not easy. We could very well be 6-6 at the end of this stretch and hello 7-9 or 8-8 typical Bills season again.

Can I? I do.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-31-2017, 06:26 AM
the whole season is a waste if we cant beat the Pats. Its all about beating the Pats.

SpikedLemonade
10-31-2017, 06:44 AM
the whole season is a waste if we cant beat the Pats. Its all about beating the Pats.

That's a bit harsh.

We can secure a Wild Card spot without beating the Pats this year.

The King
10-31-2017, 07:44 AM
This Jets game has trap written all over it.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-31-2017, 08:30 AM

@ Jets
vs Saints
@ Chargers
@ Chiefs
vs Pats

Our last six games were not easy either. If this team is for real we will go at least 3-2 in the next 5 weeks

- - - Updated - - -

@ Jets
vs Saints
@ Chargers
@ Chiefs
vs Pats

Our last six games were not easy either. If this team is for real we will go at least 3-2 in the next 5 weeks

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2017, 08:43 AM
This Jets game has trap written all over it.

Agreed. Can't take them lightly. If the Bills want to be a contender, this is a must win game, IMO. Good playoff caliber teams don't lose these.

jimmifli
10-31-2017, 08:54 AM
Jets, Fins x2, Colts wins, lose all the rest... still have a >60% chance of making the playoffs. Win one of those other games and we're in.

Luck is done for the season, Miami will be playing for a draft pick, I feel pretty confident about those games.

NE will be at least half a game of backups, Drew Brees in bad weather, Chargers aren't real good and have no fans in the stadium, those a winnable games, take one and the streak ends.

psubills62
10-31-2017, 09:07 AM
If we don't beat the Jets, we're in some trouble. The Chargers/Chiefs away games worry me quite a bit. Saints are good, but I like that it's at home, same for the Pats, who are also good but have looked beatable.
If we come out of this stretch 2-3, I think we're in good shape.

This is the NFL, there's really almost no teams you can walk all over, especially on the road.

OpIv37
10-31-2017, 09:23 AM
Here's how I see it: If we beat the Jets- which is not a guarantee- we'll be 6-2.

That means we only have to go 4-4 in the last 8 to get to 10 wins and likely make the playoffs. Certainly not a guarantee with this schedule, but much easier than digging ourselves into a hole where we have to win 6 straight just to have an outside shot at making it.

And regardless of what happens with the Jets, it's two extra days to prep for the Saints at home.

So, one game at a time.

But, I do see where Miyagi is coming from. With this team's history, it's hard to shake the feeling of impending doom.

Forward_Lateral
10-31-2017, 09:27 AM
With this team's history, it's hard to shake the feeling of impending doom.

This pretty much sums it up. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. 17+ years of watching collapse after collapse has me fully expecting one every week. I didn't breath a sigh of relief until the Bills were up 34-14 on Sunday. Up by 20 in the 4th quarter and I still expected a collapse.

The last buffalo fan
10-31-2017, 09:42 AM
This pretty much sums it up. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. 17+ years of watching collapse after collapse has me fully expecting one every week. I didn't breath a sigh of relief until the Bills were up 34-14 on Sunday. Up by 20 in the 4th quarter and I still expected a collapse.

When I saw the clock game a bit before TT's TD, I was praying ..... literally.

psubills62
10-31-2017, 09:48 AM
The thing is, this team has been competitive even in the two losses. If we can keep up this kind of play, it's hard to see us losing 4 or 5 out of those games. Just like those teams (even the Jets) aren't walk-overs, neither are we. Especially if we can get some of our guys back healthy in the coming weeks.

jimmifli
10-31-2017, 12:00 PM
This game matters a lot.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2017, 12:20 PM
Yes but all 3 teams turned out to be duds anyway. NE and KC are legit, SD is tough at home, and NO is hot and cold but they could turn it on.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2017, 12:22 PM
Agreed. Can't take them lightly. If the Bills want to be a contender, this is a must win game, IMO. Good playoff caliber teams don't lose these.
McDermott will have the players ready to play. As fans we can underestimate any team any day of the week and makes no difference.

Pennywise
10-31-2017, 12:30 PM
The Bills could also win all 5 of those games.

Ed
10-31-2017, 12:36 PM
The only thing I'm worried about are serious injuries. I just want to see this team stay healthy. I like our chances in any game and I'm excited to see the Bills play some good teams.

If the Bills can win their next two games and head to LA with a 7-2 record, that stadium is going to be 80% crazy Bills fans.

I didn't expect playoffs or a winning record this year, so it already feels like we're playing with house money. Regardless of what happens over the next month or so, I really believe this franchise finally has the right people in place and that the future is bright.

kingJofNYC
10-31-2017, 12:40 PM
We're all worried, we're Bills fans!

Mr. Pink
10-31-2017, 12:51 PM
If they go 3-2 over that stretch it's a good sign and they'll be in good shape.

alohabillsfan
10-31-2017, 12:56 PM
My prediction
Win
Jets,
Saints,
Chargers,
Colts
Miami X2
Pats X2 Brady out for the season after Mack steam rolls him.

Lose to KC

13-3 🤣🤣🤣

Home field throughout playoff
Beat KC in conference championship game.
Play the eagles in Super Bowl!

Oaf
10-31-2017, 01:19 PM
Before Raiders, I predicted a 2-4 for the next 6 (bringing us to 6-6). Then two bounceback wins against MIA and IND would bring us to 8-6 for the final two Div games. I think if we win even 2 of the next 5, we'll be in good shape for the home stretch. Going 1-4 doesn't take us out, either.

Night Train
10-31-2017, 04:35 PM
I'm not worried.

We're tanking and going 4-12 this year.

It was decreed without question 2 months back.