X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klaista2k
    • Mar 2017

Should RB depth be a concern?

What happens if McCoy goes down with an injury.... Do we have anyone decent on the roster behind him?

This is one of my primary concerns right now because Shady is taking a lot of wear and tear this year.

I feel like it could be a huge mistake that we didn't add more RB depth to the roster.
  • Scumbag College
    • Oct 2002

Re: Should RB depth be a concern?

If McCoy goes down during the game it'll be Tolbert and Taiwan Jones. We all know what Tolbert is and I really liked Taiwan's running during the preseason and I think the Bills could get by for one game with both of those guys for a game if Shady goes out during the first half. If Shady will miss multiple weeks then I'm guessing that they'll bring Banyard back.
    Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

Yeah it should be a concern. Shady better stay healthy.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Yes it is a concern, but running backs can be plug-and-play right off the street.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
          • Mar 2004

If shady goes down they'll probably bring back baynard
          Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

I love shady but he's slowing down. His juke moves aren't fooling anyone anymore and he isn't as explosive. I think we need to look at a power RB in the draft next year. Imagine what's fornette could do on this O
            Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
              I love shady but he's slowing down. His juke moves aren't fooling anyone anymore and he isn't as explosive.
              What ?
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                What ?

He's is. The OL has been blocking amazing lately but he's depending on vision and deceptiveness to get yards. Come next year I don't think he's going to play amazing. I really would rather us get a young power back next year, I don't see the quickness that made McCoy all these years, somethings slower about him
                Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                  He's is. The OL has been blocking amazing lately but he's depending on vision and deceptiveness to get yards. Come next year I don't think he's going to play amazing. I really would rather us get a young power back next year, I don't see the quickness that made McCoy all these years, somethings slower about him
                  We have an old power back.. but these guys want speed and someone that can catch out out of the backfield in space.

The OL played poorly for several games and started to look better just the last 2 weeks. There will be another young guy next year to get touches but McCoy is still a major plus and is enormously popular in the locker room. The cap is fine and chemistry is far more important.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

We have an old power back.. but these guys want speed and someone that can catch out out of the backfield in space.

The OL played poorly for several games and started to look better just the last 2 weeks. There will be another young guy next year to get touches but McCoy is still a major plus and is enormously popular in the locker room. The cap is fine and chemistry is far more important.
                    I agree with everything you said, but we need to draft a downhill back that can eventually be a replacement. A David Johnson, or even Vikings Murray would be perfect
                    Last edited by Cali512; 10-31-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• endzone
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Klaista2k View Post
                      What happens if McCoy goes down with an injury.... Do we have anyone decent on the roster behind him?

This is one of my primary concerns right now because Shady is taking a lot of wear and tear this year.

I feel like it could be a huge mistake that we didn't add more RB depth to the roster.
                      Do you have any doubt that this GM and HC DON'T have a plan in place if Shady goes down?

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

He sealed it up last week, not slow.

Comment

Working...
                        X