X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

Anquan Boldin

Beane is clearly still pretty salty about how Boldin burned him this preseason. Didn't trade him at the deadline and is now refusing to cut him/release rights. When asked what he now expects Boldin to do, Beane reportedly said "stay retired." At this point, if Boldin even wanted to come back to the team, I think they'd still tell him to pound sand.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Anquan Boldin

I think if he wanted to come back and play for the Bills they'd let him, but they're clearly not going to just release him or relinquish his rights.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I dont think they would. How does that look to the guys who want to play here busting their asses each week.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
        I dont think they would. How does that look to the guys who want to play here busting their asses each week.
        The question is does he make our team better if he decided to come back? If the answer is yes then you play him.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

**** him

Comment

• Arm of Harm
            • Dec 2015

Boldin is washed-up. A shell of his former self. It would be difficult, at this stage, for him to make the Bills' final roster.

Assuming the Bills don't want him, does Boldin have the power to force their hand? Could he just show up tomorrow morning, and say, "I'm here, I'm ready, and I want to have a spot on the roster. Either give me that spot, or release me."?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I lost all respect for Boldin after this.

Comment

• Jaybird
                • Dec 2005

If he gets cut, he could potential make a rival better. No reason to let him go

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Sit and rot, keep up the kneeling social work and wrecking the league.

Comment

• The Beef
                    • Sep 2011

Yeah and Boldin has to be a bit salty now. He turned his back on the locker room, the team is 5-2 and just added a weapon.

Beane holds all the cards, he doesn't have to do anything. Teams could've offered a 7th rounder for him and possibly did and Beane could've been a dick about it and told his camp he won't except anything less than a 4th if he felt like it.

Too bad for AB, he played his hand and lost. He would get plenty of run in the slot now too with KB in and Clay hurt.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Thurmal View Post
                      Beane is clearly still pretty salty about how Boldin burned him this preseason. Didn't trade him at the deadline and is now refusing to cut him/release rights. When asked what he now expects Boldin to do, Beane reportedly said "stay retired." At this point, if Boldin even wanted to come back to the team, I think they'd still tell him to pound sand.
                      Deservedly so. He screwed us by "retiring" 2 weeks after signing with us, affecting our offseason strategy and setting us back 2 weeks, and we still stayed classy about his retirement by taking him at his word about leaving the game.

Now he wants to come back? Hell no buddy. You play for us or you play for nobody.
                      Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 11-01-2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

F U Boldin.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

Originally posted by HAMMER View Post
                          F U Boldin.
                          Is that college in Northern Florida?

Comment

• The King
                            Without me it's just Awe so
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                            The question is does he make our team better if he decided to come back? If the answer is yes then you play him.
                            Not when you're trying to build a new culture.
                            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                            It was all
                            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

Probably the best quote I've heard about this:

"If you can't handle us at our tankiest, you don't deserve us at our championshipiest."

Comment

Working...
                              X