PDA

View Full Version : Anquan Boldin

Thurmal
11-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Beane is clearly still pretty salty about how Boldin burned him this preseason. Didn't trade him at the deadline and is now refusing to cut him/release rights. When asked what he now expects Boldin to do, Beane reportedly said "stay retired." At this point, if Boldin even wanted to come back to the team, I think they'd still tell him to pound sand.

DraftBoy
11-01-2017, 10:25 AM
I think if he wanted to come back and play for the Bills they'd let him, but they're clearly not going to just release him or relinquish his rights.

The King
11-01-2017, 10:27 AM
I dont think they would. How does that look to the guys who want to play here busting their asses each week.

DraftBoy
11-01-2017, 10:31 AM
I dont think they would. How does that look to the guys who want to play here busting their asses each week.

The question is does he make our team better if he decided to come back? If the answer is yes then you play him.

BertSquirtgum
11-01-2017, 10:40 AM
**** him

Arm of Harm
11-01-2017, 11:00 AM
Boldin is washed-up. A shell of his former self. It would be difficult, at this stage, for him to make the Bills' final roster.

Assuming the Bills don't want him, does Boldin have the power to force their hand? Could he just show up tomorrow morning, and say, "I'm here, I'm ready, and I want to have a spot on the roster. Either give me that spot, or release me."?

Forward_Lateral
11-01-2017, 11:00 AM
I lost all respect for Boldin after this.

Jaybird
11-01-2017, 11:06 AM
If he gets cut, he could potential make a rival better. No reason to let him go

Skooby
11-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Sit and rot, keep up the kneeling social work and wrecking the league.

The Beef
11-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Yeah and Boldin has to be a bit salty now. He turned his back on the locker room, the team is 5-2 and just added a weapon.

Beane holds all the cards, he doesn't have to do anything. Teams could've offered a 7th rounder for him and possibly did and Beane could've been a dick about it and told his camp he won't except anything less than a 4th if he felt like it.

Too bad for AB, he played his hand and lost. He would get plenty of run in the slot now too with KB in and Clay hurt.

Mr. Miyagi
11-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Beane is clearly still pretty salty about how Boldin burned him this preseason. Didn't trade him at the deadline and is now refusing to cut him/release rights. When asked what he now expects Boldin to do, Beane reportedly said "stay retired." At this point, if Boldin even wanted to come back to the team, I think they'd still tell him to pound sand.
Deservedly so. He screwed us by "retiring" 2 weeks after signing with us, affecting our offseason strategy and setting us back 2 weeks, and we still stayed classy about his retirement by taking him at his word about leaving the game.

Now he wants to come back? Hell no buddy. You play for us or you play for nobody.

HAMMER
11-01-2017, 12:02 PM
F U Boldin.

SpikedLemonade
11-01-2017, 12:12 PM
F U Boldin.

Is that college in Northern Florida?

The King
11-01-2017, 12:22 PM
The question is does he make our team better if he decided to come back? If the answer is yes then you play him.
Not when you're trying to build a new culture.

Joe Fo Sho
11-01-2017, 12:32 PM
Probably the best quote I've heard about this:

"If you can't handle us at our tankiest, you don't deserve us at our championshipiest."

DraftBoy
11-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Not when you're trying to build a new culture.

Just so we're being clear, the Bills have been adamant about building a winning culture with high character guys. Now the guy who was the 2016 Walter Payton Award winner doesn't comply with that culture?

If your entire point is going to be about him retiring or quitting then that's fine, but Boldin is a perfect fit for the culture that Beane and McDermott subscribe to. That's why they signed him in the first place.

Joe Fo Sho
11-01-2017, 12:48 PM
Just so we're being clear, the Bills have been adamant about building a winning culture with high character guys. Now the guy who was the 2016 Walter Payton Award winner doesn't comply with that culture?

If your entire point is going to be about him retiring or quitting then that's fine, but Boldin is a perfect fit for the culture that Beane and McDermott subscribe to. That's why they signed him in the first place.

I don't know that a guy who isn't sure about whether or not he wants to play football would be able to make our team better. At least it's less likely to improve us than it was when we (and everyone else) thought he wanted to play football this year.

I'd have been fine with trading his rights away as long as it wasn't to a team that was likely to get in our way, like Beane said.

The King
11-01-2017, 12:53 PM

Correct. He decided he did not want to play for this team. He was not "all in" to let him comeback after the decision and sit players who are "all in" sends the wrong message.
Makes the staff look like hypocrites.

ublinkwescore
11-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Probably the best quote I've heard about this:

"If you can't handle us at our tankiest, you don't deserve us at our championshipiest."

I was ready for the tankiest!!! So I deserve the championshipiest!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

And I have actually watched all of our games this year.

DraftBoy
11-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Correct. He decided he did not want to play for this team. He was not "all in" to let him comeback after the decision and sit players who are "all in" sends the wrong message.
Makes the staff look like hypocrites.

And using phrases to describe culture like "all in" and "the brotherhood" are great when a team is winning but mean very little in reality.

Does the guy makes us better? That's all I care about. If McDermott and Beane say no then that's fine. But it's a football decisions that should be based on talent not on the most recent round of coach catchphrase.

Cali512
11-01-2017, 01:43 PM
My issue with Boldin is he didn't have to sign here at all. Then he goes and retires, fine whatever idc. But then come back and demand a trade, which is him saying I want to play for any team but buffalo, right after we just did him a favor by signing him when NOBODY else wanted him

Cali512
11-01-2017, 01:47 PM
And using phrases to describe culture like "all in" and "the brotherhood" are great when a team is winning but mean very little in reality.

Does the guy makes us better? That's all I care about. If McDermott and Beane say no then that's fine. But it's a football decisions that should be based on talent not on the most recent round of coach catchphrase.

I disagree with the brotherhood statement. Even when losing if the team has a brotherhood, you can add players to a culture that is accepting to anybody. We have a lot of players that weren't good before they got here, and they all play together and accept each other as family. Look what happened in NE when they signed Gilmore. Gilmore is not a player who buys in to a culture, he does what he wants or thinks and when he's wrong blames others.

DraftBoy
11-01-2017, 02:03 PM
I disagree with the brotherhood statement. Even when losing if the team has a brotherhood, you can add players to a culture that is accepting to anybody. We have a lot of players that weren't good before they got here, and they all play together and accept each other as family. Look what happened in NE when they signed Gilmore. Gilmore is not a player who buys in to a culture, he does what he wants or thinks and when he's wrong blames others.

New England is currently in first place.

Cali512
11-01-2017, 02:13 PM

??? I don't care. I'm talking about how he brought the whole defense down. They were historically bad when he was starting

Arm of Harm
11-01-2017, 02:14 PM

Cali isn't saying New England has gotten bad results. He's saying New England has gotten bad results from Gilmore, because Gilmore isn't the kind of guy to buy into a healthy team culture.

feldspar
11-01-2017, 02:26 PM
If Boldin signed with the Bills, decided to retire less than two weeks later, and now wants to play for another team maybe?

Well, he's out of luck.

Nothing else to that whatsoever.

The King
11-01-2017, 02:27 PM

It's not a catchphrase it's the culture they're building. Have you listened to anything McDermott said this week?

swiper
11-01-2017, 02:39 PM
Who cares? Boldin clearly didn't want to put in the requisite work required of camp/pre-season. It's a sure sign there's no gas left in the tank. Beane did and said the right things.

DraftBoy
11-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Cali isn't saying New England has gotten bad results. He's saying New England has gotten bad results from Gilmore, because Gilmore isn't the kind of guy to buy into a healthy team culture.

Or because Gilmore just isn't very good in their system which is why the signing was questioned from the beginning...

DraftBoy
11-01-2017, 02:43 PM
It's not a catchphrase it's the culture they're building. Have you listened to anything McDermott said this week?

Every word since the day he was hired.

It's almost an exact duplicate of what Dan Quinn utilized last year with the Falcons and "The Brotherhood".

Bill Cody
11-01-2017, 02:56 PM
Or because Gilmore just isn't very good in their system which is why the signing was questioned from the beginning...

It could be he's just a moron

Bill Cody
11-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Every word since the day he was hired.

It's almost an exact duplicate of what Dan Quinn utilized last year with the Falcons and "The Brotherhood".

looks like Quinn went with "The Sisterhood" this year

swiper
11-01-2017, 03:07 PM
looks like Quinn went with "The Sisterhood" this year

Is that the Brotherhood minus an offensive coordinator?

Cali512
11-01-2017, 03:15 PM
Our brotherhood is different. The closest team I have ever seen was the fits bills that beat NE. I wouldn't consider Atlanta in the same category. They seemed more quiet, not really close like brothers. It's hard to have a team full of superstars fit the brotherhood mindset

John Doe
11-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Now that the Bills have KB, Boldin would have to play on special teams to make the team.

Night Train
11-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Bills should skype with him in a conference. When he asks for his release, Beane should take a knee and answer "No".

Karma.

Pennywise
11-01-2017, 04:29 PM

He walked out on this team basically telling them they weren’t good enough.

If you think he’d be welcome back in the locker room after that you have never played a competitive sport in your life.

That, in no way, fits culture in sports. I don’t give a **** if Anquan has been a multi-time winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. His culture inside of the Bills locker room is that of cancer.

YardRat
11-01-2017, 04:33 PM
As of yesterday Boldin probably wouldn't make this team better considering we just traded for a younger version of Anquan. Unfortunately for everybody, regardless of any accolades he received or reputation he built regarding leadership, attitude, etc in the past, that was tossed out the window when he bailed on the team that signed him. He would have to come back extremely humbled and bearing full sincere mea culpa to even have a remote chance of fitting back in with this team.