PDA

View Full Version : Still no comment from Benjamin?

YardRat
11-01-2017, 08:17 PM
If he's said anything after the trade, I haven't seen it. Did I miss something, and there are comments that he's made since becoming a Buffalo Bill? If not, am I the only one that finds the lack of any statement so far is a little odd?

endzone
11-01-2017, 08:24 PM
If he's said anything after the trade, I haven't seen it. Did I miss something, and there are comments that he's made since becoming a Buffalo Bill? If not, am I the only one that finds the lack of any statement so far is a little odd?

NO - not odd at all! Stop looking for media nonsense. The guy will be here to play football with a good team. The game is played on the turf - - not on the Internet or Twitter!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-01-2017, 08:24 PM
He Said, and I quote..."Tyrod betta trow me da damn ball!"

Skooby
11-01-2017, 08:25 PM
Who on the Bills talks to the media ? Anyone ?? It’s radio silence, keep your head down and focus on your team.

ICRockets
11-01-2017, 08:31 PM
Who on the Bills talks to the media ? Anyone ?? It’s radio silence, keep your head down and focus on your team.

Yep, I agree. I think we're just so used to the PR clown fiesta that came with any big move the last 2 years to be acclimated to the new environment where the players focus on football.

Mace
11-01-2017, 08:39 PM

It is probably odd in the context of compulsive athlete communication nowadays.

Thing is though, I looked up his twitter and Benjamin rarely posts anything, last time was August 12. He doesn't seem to feel a need to talk all over the place about everything and anything. Haven't seen anything about him being a prima donna.

Another thing is that Beane had a hand in drafting him, and Beane/McDermott know what he's all about from being around him. My guess is that he fits their concept of character, team and process. It's strange in the context of the times, but I'm not really sure it's strange at all in the realm of reasonable people rolling with the punches and looking forward to doing their job.

Besides, McCoy was cranky when he came here. He seems like he's enjoying himself though these days. I wouldn't really worry much about Benjamin with Shady happy enough to be here these days. None of these remaining guys seem unhappy to be here. I'm not real worried Benjamin won't like us. Rather, matter of time until he loves us too.

I think they have their personnel act together and that's why they went and got Kelvin. Because they aren't worried he'll buy in.

Skooby
11-01-2017, 08:50 PM
Yep, I agree. I think we're just so used to the PR clown fiesta that came with any big move the last 2 years to be acclimated to the new environment where the players focus on football.
Smartest thing I remember you saying, seriously great points.

Mouldsie
11-01-2017, 09:43 PM
It is probably odd in the context of compulsive athlete communication nowadays.

Thing is though, I looked up his twitter and Benjamin rarely posts anything, last time was August 12. He doesn't seem to feel a need to talk all over the place about everything and anything. Haven't seen anything about him being a prima donna.

Another thing is that Beane had a hand in drafting him, and Beane/McDermott know what he's all about from being around him. My guess is that he fits their concept of character, team and process. It's strange in the context of the times, but I'm not really sure it's strange at all in the realm of reasonable people rolling with the punches and looking forward to doing their job.

Besides, McCoy was cranky when he came here. He seems like he's enjoying himself though these days. I wouldn't really worry much about Benjamin with Shady happy enough to be here these days. None of these remaining guys seem unhappy to be here. I'm not real worried Benjamin won't like us. Rather, matter of time until he loves us too.

I think they have their personnel act together and that's why they went and got Kelvin. Because they aren't worried he'll buy in.

I was actually surprised by the move given that Benjamin has problems with his weight/conditioning every training camp. He also apparently left practie early once this season out of "frustration" over something unidentified. Maybe those are just blips in an otherwise stellar record, people make mistakes.

sukie
11-01-2017, 09:49 PM
With the short week and no presser, the silence is a bit unusual.

Mace
11-01-2017, 10:31 PM
I was actually surprised by the move given that Benjamin has problems with his weight/conditioning every training camp. He also apparently left practie early once this season out of "frustration" over something unidentified. Maybe those are just blips in an otherwise stellar record, people make mistakes.

Read about that also. But you have to wonder, do McDermott & Beane seem inclined to go outside their formula ? And does their formula seem to be working ? Would you expect the team to stand where it does on the additions and subtractions we've seen ? I have to give them the benefit of the doubt and it doesn't have much to do with what Benjamin says or doesn't, because he doesn't say much anyway.

Sooner or later McBeane will make a mistake, I just don't expect it to be with someone they're as familiar with.

Weight/conditioning hasn't happened here yet. It might...but until it does, well, we have a pretty competitive not real classically good team to give us some comfort. I'm not saying they're perfect, but so far they haven't rolled terrible on anything if some of the moves sure seemed like it, and I think they did sure seem like it.

Benefit of the doubt to me, I guess, no matter what Benjamin says, or doesn't say, he hasn't done anything here yet, but Beane and McDermott look like they know what they're doing to date, so....I guess we wait and see.

I'm a lot better with wait and see than I have been in a while.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-01-2017, 10:43 PM
He Said, and I quote..."Tyrod betta trow me da damn ball!"
Wait, when did we sign Keyshawn Johnson?

Mouldsie
11-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Read about that also. But you have to wonder, do McDermott & Beane seem inclined to go outside their formula ? And does their formula seem to be working ? Would you expect the team to stand where it does on the additions and subtractions we've seen ? I have to give them the benefit of the doubt and it doesn't have much to do with what Benjamin says or doesn't, because he doesn't say much anyway.

Sooner or later McBeane will make a mistake, I just don't expect it to be with someone they're as familiar with.

Weight/conditioning hasn't happened here yet. It might...but until it does, well, we have a pretty competitive not real classically good team to give us some comfort. I'm not saying they're perfect, but so far they haven't rolled terrible on anything if some of the moves sure seemed like it, and I think they did sure seem like it.

Benefit of the doubt to me, I guess, no matter what Benjamin says, or doesn't say, he hasn't done anything here yet, but Beane and McDermott look like they know what they're doing to date, so....I guess we wait and see.

I'm a lot better with wait and see than I have been in a while.

I'm not against taking chances on players in a 5-2 season so you dont need to defend that logic to me. I wanted Gordon.

Buddo
11-02-2017, 05:02 AM
With the short week and no presser, the silence is a bit unusual.

I think that the most likely reason is the short week. There's no time for distractions of any sort. While I doubt Benjamin will see the field tonight, although I wouldn't absolutely rule it out (perhaps an early snap or two to keep the Jests guessing), my guess would be that preparation time is at such a premium this week, that McDermott doesn't want anyone to be wasting time at all, on anything.

Jan Reimers
11-02-2017, 05:15 AM
With his single digit Wonderlic score, he's probably still thinking of something to say.

YardRat
11-02-2017, 05:25 AM
Yeah, I checked his twitter account too. Does he have a history of consciously staying away from the media or making public comments? I honestly have never paid attention. Maybe he struggles a little bit with speech, like McKelvin?

Pennywise
11-02-2017, 06:13 AM
Yeah, I checked his twitter account too. Does he have a history of consciously staying away from the media or making public comments? I honestly have never paid attention. Maybe he struggles a little bit with speech, like McKelvin?
That would be pretty ironic seeing how both have Kelvin in their first name.

Dr. Lecter
11-02-2017, 06:57 AM
I'm not against taking chances on players in a 5-2 season so you dont need to defend that logic to me. I wanted Gordon.
Wait a second.

You wanted Gordon after this:

Isn't Gordon's history much more troubling than any of this?

psubills62
11-02-2017, 09:08 AM
Maybe he's waiting to get a key to the city.

Arm of Harm
11-02-2017, 10:26 AM
Benjamin doesn't need to sell us on his wanting to be here. He only has to sell Beane and McDermott.

DraftBoy
11-02-2017, 10:42 AM
Probably busy trying to integrate himself into our culture.

Turf
11-02-2017, 11:09 AM
He can speak with his play on the field, good enough for me.

swiper
11-02-2017, 11:35 AM
Probably busy trying to integrate himself into our culture.

Do you think that Beane is driving him around Buffalo pointing out all the statues of Confederate War Generals?

don137
11-02-2017, 12:42 PM
KB was never much of an interview w/ media kind of guy for the Panthers. He let Newton and Olsen be the representatives of the offense to the media.

SpikedLemonade
11-02-2017, 01:36 PM
KB was never much of an interview w/ media kind of guy for the Panthers. He let Newton and Olsen be the representatives of the offense to the media.

Yup...He seems like a shy guy as well.

Mr. Pink
11-02-2017, 10:46 PM
What do you want him to say?

That he's disappointed he's being sent to a team that doesn't throw the ball to wide receivers and he's looking forward to 4 targets a game?

This is the NFL where every guy is excited for a new opportunity and likes the guys he's going to play with and hoping to lead them to a championship.

Does he need to say anything for people to know he's just gonna say the "right thing?"