PDA

View Full Version : Come on Shaq Lawson - or - you'll be the next to go!

BLUTO
11-01-2017, 10:03 PM
A #1 pick. Expected to create pressure on the QB. As of today, 2 sacks and 15 total tackles. Just 15 ??

Eddie Yarbrough has 1 sack and 14 total tackles with much less playing time.

The lack of pressure from the front 4 has hurt the overall defensive performance. Hughes can't do it alone.

Come on Shaq - - -do you have it - -we need you!

OpIv37
11-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Well hey- he can always be a short order cook at the original Greene Turtle in College Park next to Aaron Maybin

jamze132
11-02-2017, 02:14 AM
Yeah he needs to start getting to the QB or he'll be traded in the offseason.

sudzy
11-02-2017, 02:41 AM
Remember how much hype there was about Lawson during training camp? He was supposedly unblockable. I guess it was just how bad out RT were.

ICRockets
11-02-2017, 03:10 AM
Remember how much hype there was about Lawson during training camp? He was supposedly unblockable. I guess it was just how bad out RT were.

You mean the RT that just neutralized Khalil Mack? Not sure that logic necessarily tracks.

YardRat
11-02-2017, 05:43 AM
We're definitely not getting to the QB, which makes the amount of turnovers the defense is creating even more surprising.

yordad
11-02-2017, 06:58 AM
Anyone have average pass release time stats for qbs against our d and others?

- - - Updated - - -

Because I feel like we get pressure. It's like it is game planned against, hence the ints.

BLUTO
11-02-2017, 10:37 PM
Shaq showed his worth tonight. Hughes gets double teamed and he can't do anything at the other end of the line.

Mr. Pink
11-02-2017, 10:40 PM
I actually liked Shaq coming out of college, figured he was the guy the Bills would target and paid attention to him.

He's straight up garbage as an NFL player. Period.

kingJofNYC
11-02-2017, 10:47 PM
I actually liked Shaq coming out of college, figured he was the guy the Bills would target and paid attention to him.

He's straight up garbage as an NFL player. Period.

Was never a fan, because he's not a pass rusher. He doesn't threaten you enough with speed, doesn't have enough moves, and he's not strong enough. His upside is Pernell McPhee, but that would be a very good upside. Good run defender, just not sure he'll give us a lot as an edge rusher. He did have a couple of pressures tonight, more than I can say from the other DL.

One thing I hate is how we keep running Alexander out to cover and play LB. Would much rather have Milano in, and bring in Alexander on 3rd downs to rush the passer, maybe kick Lawson inside a bit as well (we do this but not enough).

Mr. Pink
11-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Was never a fan, because he's not a pass rusher. He doesn't threaten you enough with speed, doesn't have enough moves, and he's not strong enough. His upside is Pernell McPhee, but that would be a very good upside. Good run defender, just not sure he'll give us a lot as an edge rusher. He did have a couple of pressures tonight, more than I can say from the other DL.

One thing I hate is how we keep running Alexander out to cover and play LB. Would much rather have Milano in, and bring in Alexander on 3rd downs to rush the passer, maybe kick Lawson inside a bit as well (we do this but not enough).

His upside is Alex Carrington. He's that bad. McPhee is actually a somewhat serviceable player.

Scumbag College
11-02-2017, 10:51 PM

Great observation...I thought Humber had a decent game but Alexander was looking slow and out of place. I really think the D would be better with Milano-P.Brown-Humber in the 4-3 and sending in Alexander for situational pass rush.

kingJofNYC
11-02-2017, 10:56 PM
His upside is Alex Carrington. He's that bad. McPhee is actually a somewhat serviceable player.

McPhee is actually more than serviceable, he's very good, but he's been injured and not as good as he was in Baltimore and early Bears days, still very good though.

Still feel that's the best case scenario for Lawson, but we're probably past the best case scenario, but he's been good at stopping the run. Although I'd much rather have a guy who can clobber the QB. Doubt he develops/dramatically improves, you never know, Jerry Hughes was a late bloomer but he was actually athletic, so....not a good sign for Shaq. That was a miserable draft, hated it.

coastal
11-03-2017, 05:26 AM

+1 for the Carrington reference

Luisito23
11-03-2017, 05:45 AM
The bum is and has always been obsolete here.

And will continue to be until he's cut.

DraftBoy
11-03-2017, 06:19 AM
Were we watching the same game last night? Lawson was the only member of the DL to consistently set the edge and hold up at the POA. He didn't have an amazing game, but he played well.

sukie
11-03-2017, 07:02 AM
Were we watching the same game last night? Lawson was the only member of the DL to consistently set the edge and hold up at the POA. He didn't have an amazing game, but he played well.
Well it was Lawson with the 5 step after release RTP penalty

BLUTO
11-03-2017, 04:57 PM
A #1 pick. Expected to create pressure on the QB. As of today, 2 sacks and 15 total tackles. Just 15 ??

Eddie Yarbrough has 1 sack and 14 total tackles with much less playing time.

The lack of pressure from the front 4 has hurt the overall defensive performance. Hughes can't do it alone.

Come on Shaq - - -do you have it - -we need you!

** Against the Jets he had 1 solo tackle and 2 assists! And, no decent pressure on the QB all night. BUST as a #1 pick!!

sudzy
11-04-2017, 04:34 AM
You mean the RT that just neutralized Khalil Mack? Not sure that logic necessarily tracks.

OK. Maybe, I was talking about the RT that was part of the 7 sacks disaster Thursday? Does that logic track?

Historian
11-04-2017, 04:45 AM
Against the Raiders, he was getting mugged on every play....horsecollars and all.