PDA

View Full Version : Luck out for the season, placed on IR

Albany,n.y.
11-02-2017, 12:39 PM
If the Bills decide that Tyrod isn't the long term answer and want to take a shot at moving up in the draft to get a QB, there's now another team in the mix, along with SF, that may be willing to trade down. Teams like Cleveland and the NYG won't be trading out of the high spots (although Cleveland management may be crazy enough to try to get a QB on the cheap for the 3rd straight year) but Indy & SF will.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000871099/article/colts-put-andrew-luck-shoulder-on-injured-reserve

SpikedLemonade
11-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Sell off Indy Offensive Fantasy Football Assets immediately!

feldspar
11-02-2017, 01:29 PM
If the Bills decide that Tyrod isn't the long term answer and want to take a shot at moving up in the draft to get a QB, there's now another team in the mix, along with SF, that may be willing to trade down.

Great point.

We'll see. The determining factor will probably be what happens with the Bills in their last 9 games as to what they want to do at QB. It's nice to know that we have the ammunition to move up with bad teams that likely will drafting extremely high and have lots of needs, if the Bills want to go that route. Makes it more interesting.

Tyrod Taylor isn't as bad as some people suggest, but if they feel like they can upgrade, the opportunity might be there to do that. But I like this team and will root for Tyrod tonight and the rest of the year.

SpikedLemonade
11-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Great point.

We'll see. The determining factor will probably be what happens with the Bills in their last 9 games as to what they want to do at QB. It's nice to know that we have the ammunition to move up with bad teams that likely will drafting extremely high and have lots of needs, if the Bills want to go that route. Makes it more interesting.

Tyrod Taylor isn't as bad as some people suggest, but if they feel like they can upgrade, the opportunity might be there to do that. But I like this team and will root for Tyrod tonight and the rest of the year.

So will I...however TT is not the solution if we want to be a serious contender and you know.....win a damn Superbowl.

swiper
11-02-2017, 01:44 PM
The Colts immediately become Beane's trade target!

swiper
11-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Great point.

Not really.

The 49ers and Browns are looking for a QB also. The Colts are not.

They could trade Tyrod after the season and get a 2nd to add to the pile.

feldspar
11-02-2017, 02:08 PM
The Colts immediately become Beane's trade target!

Could be, but the Colts have won 2 games so far, whereas the 49ers haven't won any...0-8, just like the Browns. Gotta figure the Browns likely won't trade down if they get the first pick, unless they think Keizer is the answer. I don't. Darnold may not declare, either. Might have to take him off the list of available QBs.

But I'd rather discuss this when the time comes, not when the Bills are 5-2 and have a winnable game tonight...

feldspar
11-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Not really.

The 49ers and Browns are looking for a QB also. The Colts are not.

They could trade Tyrod after the season and get a 2nd to add to the pile.

Why are the 49ers looking for a QB after the trade for Garopollo? Seems like they are banking on him to me for the future. We'll see when they actually put him in this year...

swiper
11-02-2017, 02:19 PM
Could be, but the Colts have won 2 games so far, whereas the 49ers haven't won any...0-8, just like the Browns. Gotta figure the Browns likely won't trade down if they get the first pick, unless they think Keizer is the answer. I don't. Darnold may not declare, either. Might have to take him off the list of available QBs.

But I'd rather discuss this when the time comes, not when the Bills are 5-2 and have a winnable game tonight...

Agree about putting off the discussion. I guess my point was even if the Colts have the 3rd overall pick, it would be very much worth trading for.

Me likey Mason Rudolph (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/mason-rudolph-best-quarterback-oklahoma-state-history-bedlam-oklahoma-baker-mayfield/sduleuhvdbth11cq5fvfe3p0z). Josh Rosen too.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are the 49ers looking for a QB after the trade for Garopollo? Seems like they are banking on him to me for the future. We'll see when they actually put him in this year...

You really don't believe the 49ers or anyone sees Garopollo as a franchise starting QB, do you?

feldspar
11-02-2017, 02:44 PM
You really don't believe the 49ers or anyone sees Garopollo as a franchise starting QB, do you?

Yes, I believe exactly that. That's why they traded such a high pick for him and will pay over $8 million next year. How many times have we seen this type of thing before...teams banking on a guy with a small sample size? Think Rob Johnson...it happens, and I tend to think that type of thing is happening here this time with the 49ers. It may work out for them, or it may not. But I think they'll probably roll the dice with him.

HAMMER
11-02-2017, 04:00 PM
(quote)You really don't believe the 49ers or anyone sees Garopollo as a franchise starting QB, do you?[/QUOTE]

Uhh, yeah, that's why they traded a 2nd for him.

Arm of Harm
11-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Uhh, yeah, that's why they traded a 2nd for him.
Exactly. The 49ers have a ton of needs, as shown by their (thus far) winless record. A team like that doesn't trade away its 2nd round pick for someone they see as their next backup QB.

So now it looks like there will be at least two teams--Colts and 49ers--near the top of the draft, who won't be interested in using their early picks on QBs. That's a good thing. :)

feldspar
11-02-2017, 05:21 PM
Exactly. The 49ers have a ton of needs, as shown by their (thus far) winless record. A team like that doesn't trade away its 2nd round pick for someone they see as their next backup QB.

So now it looks like there will be at least two teams--Colts and 49ers--near the top of the draft, who won't be interested in using their early picks on QBs. That's a good thing. :)

Exactly the only point.

YardRat
11-02-2017, 06:11 PM
I wouldn't count Indy out of the QB sweepstakes.