PDA

View Full Version : The offensive line grades out at "F"

BLUTO
11-02-2017, 11:08 PM
Can you imagine a QB with quick feet and the ability to scramble & run down field getting sacked 7 times!!! 7 times! Who was Wood blocking up the middle? Anyone? It was a five man disaster that's been coming for weeks. If Shady can't break a few runs early on in a game these guys just play to hang on! Tonight the RB's averaged 2.9 yards per carry with no help from the O-Line.

Buffalogic
11-02-2017, 11:10 PM
But but they were the best oline last week according to ****head analytics.

SpikedLemonade
11-03-2017, 12:40 AM
Can you imagine a QB with quick feet and the ability to scramble & run down field getting sacked 7 times!!! 7 times! Who was Wood blocking up the middle? Anyone? It was a five man disaster that's been coming for weeks. If Shady can't break a few runs early on in a game these guys just play to hang on! Tonight the RB's averaged 2.9 yards per carry with no help from the O-Line.
I have said this OL is crap forever and tonight it was indisputable.

Eric Wood is toast. He has not been able to properly anchor for years now.

- - - Updated - - -

But but they were the best oline last week according to ****head analytics.

I challenged that ridiculous assessment.

Wally The Barber
11-05-2017, 10:07 AM
I am going to say this one more time, there isn't a freaking thing wrong with this OL, just a one dimensional offense that makes it easy to defend.

sudzy
11-05-2017, 10:27 AM
Eric Wood is toast. He has not been able to properly anchor for years now.

He's a fan favorite and good with the media. When you have a ticket salesman at the top of the organization... those things are important and that's why he received a big extension.

TigerJ
11-05-2017, 11:40 AM
Rarely are absolute evaluations of a particular unit on a football team made that are completely accurate, without qualifications. I think the offensive line had major problems in the Jets game. I think the coaches did a poor job of play calling. I know there are times when I can anticipate what the Bills are going to do next and that it will be unsuccessful. Lo and behold, I'm right! I also think that while Tyrod is very mobile and may have more ability to evade tacklers than any other QB in the league, it is also true that statistically he tends to hold on to the ball longer than an other QB in the league. When you have a QB like that, there are things scheme wise that the other teams' defense can do to contain the QB and keep him from breaking out of the pocket. Todd Bowles has a good defensive mind. It should not be a great surprise that the Jets did exactly that. As is usually the case in a bad loss, there is plenty of blame to go around. I also think that Sean McDermott is a pretty bright head coach, and has figured out a lot of this stuff already. Rome wasn't built in a day, and I don't know that everything the Bills did wrong versus the Jets is going to be fixed for the Saints game, but I believe over time the Bills are going to become less vulnerable to being ambushed the way the Jets did to them on Thursday.

Albany,n.y.
11-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Tyrod holds on to the ball too long. If we had a QB with better anticipation, the O-line would look better. It reminds me of when Rob Johnson made the O-line look horrible and was getting sacked all the time & Flutie wasn't getting sacked behind the same O-line.

Mahdi
11-07-2017, 11:27 AM
2 things:

1.The OL came up against a young and motivated group on a short week. Wood, Incognito and Ducasse are older vets that got beat up by said motivated youth.

2. We were not prepared for that 5 man front and had no solution to it during the game.

Skooby
11-07-2017, 11:31 AM
2 things:

1.The OL came up against a young and motivated group on a short week. Wood, Incognito and Ducasse are older vets that got beat up by said motivated youth.

2. We were not prepared for that 5 man front and had no solution to it during the game.

Our solution was to do quicker passes but why not try to impose our will, even though we couldn’t.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-07-2017, 11:35 AM
I was surprised no short passing game to offset that. Seems like they were all medium to long routes run. Now it could be Tyrod was looking for big plays there because the running game had zilch and he was constantly staring at 2nd long, 3rd long all day.

justasportsfan
11-07-2017, 11:48 AM
Tyrod holds on to the ball too long. If we had a QB with better anticipation, the O-line would look better. It reminds me of when Rob Johnson made the O-line look horrible and was getting sacked all the time & Flutie wasn't getting sacked behind the same O-line.

this.

If a Defense makes Tyrod hold on to the ball for a couple of seconds, he starts to panic in the pocket and looks to run. When a D is able to keep him in the pocket , he's done.

Fitz's made the OL look better than it was because he knew how to read D's and pretty much knew where he was going. If only he had a better arm.

Mahdi
11-07-2017, 12:53 PM
Our solution was to do quicker passes but why not try to impose our will, even though we couldn’t.

I'm no OC, but I would have played with an extra OL (Dion Dawkins) the whole game and run play action to exploit the space they were leaving behind their front 5.

It would have given Tyrod an extra second or two to find open receivers on drop backs. You could also run out of it and block up better to give McCoy time to get to the second level.

Wally The Barber
11-07-2017, 01:15 PM
POCKET PASSER WANT A BE, you guys ever play on the offensive line?

Tyrod has the ability but placing him in the pocket during obvious passing downs is the joke of the league, a 3 year old knows he can't hit passes from there...

If I see this Mr Dennison guy, I will wack him with my cane :fogey:

Albany,n.y.
11-07-2017, 03:31 PM
POCKET PASSER WANT A BE, you guys ever play on the offensive line?

Tyrod has the ability but placing him in the pocket during obvious passing downs is the joke of the league, a 3 year old knows he can't hit passes from there...

If I see this Mr Dennison guy, I will wack him with my cane :fogey:

Don't underestimate a 3 year old-Every year a 3 year old wins the Kentucky Derby.

swiper
11-07-2017, 05:29 PM
I'm no OC, but I would have played with an extra OL (Dion Dawkins) the whole game and run play action to exploit the space they were leaving behind their front 5.

It would have given Tyrod an extra second or two to find open receivers on drop backs. You could also run out of it and block up better to give McCoy time to get to the second level.

None of us are OCs. But the Bills OC failed to adapt during the game. So there's the failure. It's not like he doesn't have extra blockers in the form of back-up OL, TEs, or fullbacks.