X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFanCupp38
    • Mar 2004

I think Tyrod is progressing as a passer

Hate all you want but he's been much more effective in the pocket as a passer since the bye and last night was his best game thus far. I'm not saying he was perfect, but even with all that pressure all night he continued to dog it out. We can't fault him for the game. The offensive line got OWNED in every sense of the word. That game came down to turnovers, offensive and defensive lines. We were their whipping boys. That is why the Jets d line was dancing around in the 4th quarter because they knew it. Simply put our big boys got whipped by their big boys.
    Jeremy Cupp
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: I think Tyrod is progressing as a passer

The oline was disgusting. Taylor stepped up as best he could. I saw passes, although short, that were in tight coverage and they were over the middle. He had no time for a long pass to develop.

There wasn't even time for a screen to develop. The Oline was THAT bad. Mad the Jets pass rush look like the Giants superbowl winning pass rush.

Problem 2 WRs. I give them credit. They did fairly well with the god given skill set that they have. Benjamin will help being huge and requiring attention.

Would really love to see screen passes or maybe I'm just old and longing for Thurman vs Dolphins outcomes.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Still not good enough. Mckown looked way better.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Can't even apply 3 step drops to get the ball out of his hands quick because he isn't that kind of a QB. All sorts of limitations in the passing game when he's the QB.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
          • Mar 2004

No not good enough. But could Tom Brady win with that offensive line play last night? I'd be real hard pressed to say he could have. Think 2007 Superbowl.
          Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• Homegrown
            Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by BillsFanCupp38 View Post
            No not good enough. But could Tom Brady win with that offensive line play last night? I'd be real hard pressed to say he could have. Think 2007 Superbowl.
            Brady sure could because his average release time is 2 seconds ( https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...-3-0-patriots/ ) .... TT holds on to the ball waayyy tooo long

Best way to kill a pass rush? ... throw quick-hitter pass patterns .... but our QB/RB can't do that because of his limited skill set - TT would be a great 'wing-T' QB if it was 1937, not 2017

Comment

• BillsFanCupp38
              • Mar 2004

There were times last night that Tyrod didn't have two seconds.
              Jeremy Cupp

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

I was actually surprised at Tyrods ability to even get the ball out and stay in the pocket knowing it was collapsing 1 second after the snap. The game reminded me of 2001-2016.
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Topas
                  German smartass
                  • Feb 2014

The OLine was really horrible. I dont know why. I did not think they were as good as advertised after the last few games. But I also thought they would never play as bad as yesterday. This might be one of the worst O Line performances in the whole NFL all year.
                  And I dont know why. The short week should not be that much of a problem for the Oline. Because just block the guy opposite of you. Or does the OLine suffer the most from a shortened recovery time. Maybe that is true. But still it was almost an epic meltdown...

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Topas View Post
                    The OLine was really horrible. I dont know why. I did not think they were as good as advertised after the last few games. But I also thought they would never play as bad as yesterday. This might be one of the worst O Line performances in the whole NFL all year.
                    And I dont know why. The short week should not be that much of a problem for the Oline. Because just block the guy opposite of you. Or does the OLine suffer the most from a shortened recovery time. Maybe that is true. But still it was almost an epic meltdown...
                    I know why the O-line was so bad-2 guys on the right side who don't belong in the NFL.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

The O line got dominated. Taylor is improving some from the pocket. I think the guy is a pretty smart player and he tries hard. I just don't think he's ever going to be much better than average. I'm ready to see Peterman. And some O line shuffling.

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                        • Dec 2015

Tyrod did have some good throws last night. I'll give him that.

However, it's also worth mentioning that the offense produced just 7 points last night during quality time, and 14 points in garbage time.

Let's say a team has a real QB. That team's running game gets shut down. Their defense fails to generate any turnovers. Their offense will still score points, because they have a QB.

You could say that even a real QB's performance would be hampered by the abysmal showing we saw from our OL. Fine. Granted. But there were a number of throws Tyrod left out there, either due to being inaccurate, or because he simply didn't see the WR.

Bill Walsh developed the West Coast offense in the first place in large part to help compensate for a bad OL. You get the ball out quickly, in order to tire out and demoralize the pass rushers. Dennison has spoken of implementing a West Coast offense for the Bills. That, obviously, did not happen. Tyrod needs to be in a run-first offense. And, he shouldn't be in an offense which emphasizes short, horizontal passing routes, as those are not his forte. If the defense is stacking eight men in the box (as it was last night), if the running game is going well despite the stacked box, and if your own defense is generating turnovers, Tyrod will give you the 150 - 200 passing yards you need to turn that game into a win.

Comment

• sukie
                          Seriously?
                          • Sep 2012

Bill Walsh was never saddled with me, Lechter, and Spiked as WRs.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                            Making Spirits Bright
                            • Mar 2006

I wonder if Peterman's any good.

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

The bad thing is even though he did decent from the pocket, this was a game they needed to move the pocket. Just like the first jets game and the Denver game. They were getting pressure up the middle all game and if we would of moved the pocket better, we probably would've done better. This also would help the running game. It's like we wanted to show how much Tyrod has progressed on national tv instead of doing a game plan that worked
                              Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

Working...
                              X