PDA

View Full Version : Pass Rush

Thurmal
11-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Been weak all year. Is this part of the zone scheme? Have they called a blitz since Poyer's Week 1 sack? What is Adolphus Washington's actual role on this team? When does the "Shaq Lawson is a bust" talk start? What are they going to do when K. Williams likely retires this offseason?

I have so many questions.

justasportsfan
11-03-2017, 11:18 AM
The Process preached having an attacking D. Havent seen it all year although we are one of the best dont bend don't break opportunistic defenses. We need to get to the qb.

swiper
11-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Been weak all year. Is this part of the zone scheme? Have they called a blitz since Poyer's Week 1 sack? What is Adolphus Washington's actual role on this team? When does the "Shaq Lawson is a bust" talk start? What are they going to do when K. Williams likely retires this offseason?

I have so many questions.

So I'm guessing you were against dumping Dareus last week?

toto8
11-03-2017, 02:00 PM
I didn't like the move myself. The game after he leaves the Jets run for 194 yds. Getting rid of Marcell will hurt the defense, he was starting to play better and I believe he was trending up. It was a mistake to get rid of him because there is another position to fill in the future. Washington is just not as good.

ublinkwescore
11-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Marcel dareus was never going to be an elite dt on our roster. Might as well have sought some value for him. We could be a hot landing spot for free agents and have plenty of draft ammo. I'd say the process has been very good to us thus far. I honestly didn't expect more than 4 wins this season. We can still have a winning season and have successfully set ourselves up for next year.

John Doe
11-03-2017, 02:21 PM
I didn't like the move myself. The game after he leaves the Jets run for 194 yds. Getting rid of Marcell will hurt the defense, he was starting to play better and I believe he was trending up. It was a mistake to get rid of him because there is another position to fill in the future. Washington is just not as good.

Actually, the game after Dareus left was with Oakland (54 yards rushing).

toto8
11-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Actually, the game after Dareus left was with Oakland (54 yards rushing).

Oh yeah you are right. Well regardless of that I still think he will be missed. But that is just my opinion.

Thurmal
11-03-2017, 02:38 PM
No sir. He literally had the worst contract in the league.

BLUTO
11-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Shaq has 18 total tackles after 8 games and can't put decent pressure on the QB. What's a #1 pick BUST look like?

kishoph
11-04-2017, 08:25 AM
There were games where Dareus was getting in on just over 30% of the defensive snaps. On a contract that averaged over $15 Million a year, you'd expect that player to be in on more than 1 out of every 2 or 3 plays. He showed no commitment to his performances or to the Buffalo Bills. The Bills getting someone to take that contract of their hands was a blessing.

Novacane
11-04-2017, 02:32 PM
The pass rush wasn't good with Dareus either.

Wally The Barber
11-04-2017, 05:49 PM
We will do what we always do

Draft Defensive linemen that don't fit the next head coaches defense