PDA

View Full Version : This team only has one RB.

OpIv37
11-03-2017, 11:24 AM
McCoy is the only real RB on this roster. Tolbert is a FB. He can't make one man Miss in the backfield and can't run outside at all. All he can do is put his head down and run downhill.

We have no one who can spell McCoy to keep him fresh/healthy, and we are ****ed if he gets hurt.

Homegrown
11-03-2017, 11:28 AM
Technically, there's a RB impersonating a QB....so, all is good

Mr. Pink
11-03-2017, 11:36 AM
A backup RB in a league where passing is the main focus simply does not matter.

Kareem Hunt of the Chiefs leads the league in rushing, his backup is Charcandrick West who is a career 3.8ypc guy.

What happens if Leveon Bell gets hurt? Are the Steelers f'd? Do you think they worry about such things? If they did maybe they'd have a better backup than James Connor or Terrell Watson.

Tolbert is who he is. A downhill runner who punishes LBers and DBs. He needs blocking to get to the second level, when the o-line doesn't block well, you get last nights results. When they do block well, he's laying a shoulder on a LB or S.

kingJofNYC
11-03-2017, 11:40 AM
Tolbert is who he is, friends with the coach and GM, that's about it. He's not punishing LBs or DBs because the dude barely gets into the second level, forget the 3rd. He ****ing sucks.

OpIv37
11-03-2017, 11:55 AM
A backup RB in a league where passing is the main focus simply does not matter.

Kareem Hunt of the Chiefs leads the league in rushing, his backup is Charcandrick West who is a career 3.8ypc guy.

What happens if Leveon Bell gets hurt? Are the Steelers f'd? Do you think they worry about such things? If they did maybe they'd have a better backup than James Connor or Terrell Watson.

Tolbert is who he is. A downhill runner who punishes LBers and DBs. He needs blocking to get to the second level, when the o-line doesn't block well, you get last nights results. When they do block well, he's laying a shoulder on a LB or S.

Oh I disagree. The days of an every down back are long gone and most teams use the "RB by committee" approach.

justasportsfan
11-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Oh I disagree. The days of an every down back are long gone and most teams use the "RB by committee" approach.
Not the first time you are arguing with facts presented . Mr. Pink just gave you 2 teams that lead their divisions and one of them being 2nd in total offense who do not have a rbc.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2017, 12:22 PM
Meanwhile we're all bagging on Tolbert apparently since it's the in thing to do today but McCoy ran 12 times for 25 yards last night.

Maybe he needs to be replaced too...or maybe the o-line didn't run block worth crap last night.

Thurmal
11-03-2017, 12:25 PM
Not the first time you are arguing with facts presented . Mr. Pink just gave you 2 teams that lead their divisions and one of them being 2nd in total offense who do not have a rbc.
Both of those teams have awesome QBs that are capable of winning games with their arm. Our QB's skillset is tailored, no pun intended, to run Navy's offense.

Joe Fo Sho
11-03-2017, 12:27 PM
Meanwhile we're all bagging on Tolbert apparently since it's the in thing to do today but McCoy ran 12 times for 25 yards last night.

Maybe he needs to be replaced too...or maybe the o-line didn't run block worth crap last night.

But can you imagine how many yards we would've had rushing with Gillislee?!?!

Mr. Pink
11-03-2017, 12:37 PM
Both of those teams have awesome QBs that are capable of winning games with their arm. Our QB's skillset is tailored, no pun intended, to run Navy's offense.

Fine. Leonard Fournette who is 6th in rushing, Blake Bortles is terrible and their backup running back? Chris Ivory. A guy who is actually statistically worse than Tolbert this year.

How about the Bears with Jordan Howard who is 4th in rushing? No passing game. And a midget named Tarik Cohen as a backup.

Since you discounted my first two examples because they have QBs.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2017, 12:38 PM

:rofl:

They'd be awesome with him! Oh wait, he has a worse YPC than Tolbert this year. Oops.

The Jokeman
11-03-2017, 02:09 PM

Gillislee has struggled this year outside of game 1, I wouldn't be shocked if New England waives him in the offseason.

justasportsfan
11-03-2017, 02:38 PM

I agree. Mr. Pinks point is that those top teams don't need a rbc to be successful.

Wally The Barber
11-05-2017, 06:22 AM
I wonder what happened to Carlester Crumpler ?