• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DolphinDevil28
    Veteran Zoner
    • Jul 2003

So, how'd you guys do?

Just wondering what the Bills did against the Browns today.

We kicked the Titan's ass in Tennessee in our scrimmage today. Jay Fiedler went 11 for 12 with a TD and a 50 yard completion to James McKnight for a TD against the Titan's first defense. Our first defense shut their offense down and had like 4 sacks. I know you all don't care, but I thought I'd just update you and let you know. If they would have kept score the Fins won 21-7, and their touchdown was against our scrubs.

I can't wait till the regular season!!
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

scrimmages are like preseason games.they don't mean squat.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Throne Logic
      Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
      • Aug 2002

They did fairly well, considering it was the first real test for a group with a bunch of new faces. The offense has picked up where it left off last year - great big play ability and poor Red Zone efficiency.

Defense came out and remained in control all day from the sound of it. Second year guys contributing well on the 1st string DL.

But, this is all against the Browns. We expected to be somewhat dominent against them. Despite their better record in 2002, Buffalo most likely had the better team. Add to that, Buffalo's off-season was much more productive with filling the holes than Cleveland's was. Advantage is definitely in Buffalo's corner. So, I take today's results with something of a grain of salt, hoping that there were good leasons learned and some weaknesses exposed that can now be worked on.
      Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Throne Logic
        They did fairly well, considering it was the first real test for a group with a bunch of new faces. The offense has picked up where it left off last year - great big play ability and poor Red Zone efficiency.

Defense came out and remained in control all day from the sound of it. Second year guys contributing well on the 1st string DL.

But, this is all against the Browns. We expected to be somewhat dominent against them. Despite their better record in 2002, Buffalo most likely had the better team. Add to that, Buffalo's off-season was much more productive with filling the holes than Cleveland's was. Advantage is definitely in Buffalo's corner. So, I take today's results with something of a grain of salt, hoping that there were good leasons learned and some weaknesses exposed that can now be worked on.
        Good post...that's close to a article I read on your scrimage..Thanks for being earnest. I agree scrimaging the AFCS is not really a good test, even though I respect them, I think the AFCE is better. While we had a great day against the Titians, I think I will know more about our team against the Buc's next week in our PS opener.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Throne Logic
          • Aug 2002

I don't start holding too much stock in the preseason until the first half of the last preseason game. I fully believe that performances in that segment have a huge mental bearing on how a team enters a season. And I also believe that this game is 90% mental.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Throne Logic
            I don't start holding too much stock in the preseason until the first half of the last preseason game. I fully believe that performances in that segment have a huge mental bearing on how a team enters a season. And I also believe that this game is 90% mental.
            I agree, but I'm looking primarily now at depth, We generally know a lot about our starters, but the depth has done Miami in for the last couple of years..So I was please at the better play of the depth people, looked a lot better than I've seen in awhile. That's who I'm happy about..Our Backups, all the new faces there are jelling pretty good. Now I want be so worried about a starter getting hurt..I'm still a little concerned about our OL depth, every other area seemed to have depth galorer. Even the RB's looked good today, especially a 2nd year guy by the name of Lenard Henry's who I was high on last year. He's showing the form he did in college went he avg. 6 yards a carry. We carried him on our PS last year, but I think he's making a place to get on the regular roster this year.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• DolphinDevil28
              Veteran Zoner
              • Jul 2003

The 3rd preseason game is the one to pay attention to. That is the only one coaches gameplan for, and the starters play for 3 quarters instead of 2 series.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

How did Brian griese look?

Comment

• Throne Logic
                  • Aug 2002

Good point. I do enjoy watching the battles for the backup positions. Keep in mind that no team has perfectly balanced depth. In fact, it generally turns out that the teams who find themselves lucky enough to get injuries only in deep depth positions go the furthest each season. It's not that they necessarily have great depth all around - just in the positions that happened to have injuries. Big luck element to this game, too. Maybe I should drop my mental percentage to about 60% and tack on 30% for luck, eh?

Comment

• DolphinDevil28
                    Veteran Zoner
                    • Jul 2003

Brian Griese looked decent. Not bad, not great. He had some nice completions, but overthrew a wide open tight end badly.

Jay was the star. He was throwing darts all over the field.

Comment

Working...
                    X