PDA

View Full Version : A realistic look at our back-up CB's

endzone
11-03-2017, 09:28 PM
Unfortunately these two are playing a lot due to injuries. They aren't quality veterans and it shows. Even the best coaches and schemes won't bail them out!!!

Shareece Wright is pretty awful. He's no kid. Watch him avoid tackles! He's 30 years old and has played for the Chargers, 49ers, Ravens & Bills

Leonard Johnson dropped an easy interception early in the game in Jets territory. He's 27 and has played with Tampa, New England, Carolina and now the Bills.

It's amazing to me that we're 5-3 with this quality of players on the corners!!!! GO BILLS!

jamze132
11-03-2017, 11:15 PM
Yeah I'm not impressed with Johnson or Wright...

YardRat
11-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Johnson is doing OK but it's hard to hide Wright.

Cali512
11-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Wright is the only player on our roster that i have no clue why we signed him. During the off season I was watching videos on all the CBs in free agency, well I decided to look up Wright. He has 5-6 videos on line of full games being torched. Like ridiculously bad by a bunch of WRs.

kingJofNYC
11-04-2017, 12:18 PM
We signed Wright because this team recklessly dumped Robey Coleman. Listen, Robey Coleman wasn't that good last season, especially with Rex's horrible scheme, but the guy proved to be a solid contributor his first two years, and then Rex came along....

Robey Coleman's yard per snap allowed out of the slot was above average for his entire 4 year career, and yet we dumped him for the unknown. Why? He was better than anyone on the roster, and probably better than we could find on the street, yet we got rid of him. McD wants his guys, I get that, but you can't get rid of everyone in search of "your guys," not right away anyway. It should be a gradual process, yet it seems we chase the unknown rather than the known.

Edit: And guess what, Robey Coleman's having a good year, under a competent DC in Wade Phillips, this sound familiar?

BLUTO
11-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Wright at age 30 is just so pitiful. No coverage ability even with so much NFL experience. I don't know if he's hurt but he certainly doesn't like the physical aspect of playing CB. GOODBYE!!

Mace
11-04-2017, 09:54 PM
Lack of a pass rush and the LB's performance (besides Milano) in coverage isn't doing them any favors. Middle of the field and seams are soft targets.