PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones and Papa John's Pizza

Arm of Harm
11-04-2017, 10:52 PM
Jerry Jones owns 120 Papa John's pizza restaurants. He's even done a rap video advertising the pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh-h7s6Qtxg

Now, the CEO of Papa Johns is calling out the NFL (http://nypost.com/2017/11/02/is-jerry-jones-behind-papa-johns-goodell-takedown/) for "poor leadership." And he's blamed the NFL for a decline in Papa John's profits. (Papa John's is the official pizza of the NFL.)

Jones, meanwhile, has been on the warpath against Goodell. He has been trying to halt a contract extension for the 12th-year commissioner, whose new deal seemed imminent months ago but remains unsigned.

Last week the Cowboys owner led a 17-owner conference call discussing how to block the contract.

So there you have it. Jerry Jones and (of all people) the CEO of Papa Johns are apparently determined to see Roger Goodell replaced.

BLUTO
11-04-2017, 11:09 PM
Peyton Manning has over 80 Papa Johns franchises. That's how he got paid for appearing in their commercials over the past 7 years. AND - their pizza isn't anything special!!!

jamze132
11-05-2017, 01:40 AM
I definitely see Goodell being replaced within 2-3 years, if not sooner. The NFL is taking WAY too much flak for a multitude of reasons and the owners WILL find someone younger who can energize the fan base and bring both players, owners, and fans together. They have no choice at this point. And it only takes 24 owners to ratify.

sudzy
11-05-2017, 03:50 AM
What is the ONLY thing Goodell has done well in his tenure? Make a ton of money for the NFL. He can beat up the networks for every dime like nobody else. But, when something happens that needs REAL leadership, he's botched it. Ray Rice, LA (two teams in a market that has never supported one) and the anthem. But, if you want a guy that will sell the fans, players and his own mother out for a dime... he's your guy. If he gets his way, the tax payers of Western New York will be paying for a new stadium. I hope he's on his way out. But, I doubt it.

Novacane
11-05-2017, 05:27 AM
Don't like Jerry Jones but if he can get rid of Goodell I might become a fan!

swiper
11-05-2017, 05:41 AM
Jerry Jones owns 120 Papa John's pizza restaurants. He's even done a rap video advertising the pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh-h7s6Qtxg

Now, the CEO of Papa Johns is calling out the NFL (http://nypost.com/2017/11/02/is-jerry-jones-behind-papa-johns-goodell-takedown/) for "poor leadership." And he's blamed the NFL for a decline in Papa John's profits. (Papa John's is the official pizza of the NFL.)

So there you have it. Jerry Jones and (of all people) the CEO of Papa Johns are apparently determined to see Roger Goodell replaced.

They're all Republican @$$holes.

swiper
11-05-2017, 05:42 AM
What is the ONLY thing Goodell has done well in his tenure? Make a ton of money for the NFL. He can beat up the networks for every dime like nobody else. But, when something happens that needs REAL leadership, he's botched it. Ray Rice, LA (two teams in a market that has never supported one) and the anthem. But, if you want a guy that will sell the fans, players and his own mother out for a dime... he's your guy. If he gets his way, the tax payers of Western New York will be paying for a new stadium. I hope he's on his way out. But, I doubt it.

You hit the nail on the head.

swiper
11-05-2017, 05:47 AM
It's Kraft (pro-Goodell) vs. Jones. Kraft has the better team. Goodell stays. For now. For as long as Brady can play effectively.

Goobylal
11-05-2017, 07:43 AM
What I want to know is, is WHO said that players kneeling wouldn't make a difference (when it clearly has)? Was it Goodell or the owners? That right there will tell you where the problem lies. For the most part, Goodell is doing his masters' bidding and taking the fall when he's tried to avoid suspending (for long periods of time) teams'/owners' star players.

Bill Cody
11-05-2017, 08:50 AM
It's Kraft (pro-Goodell) vs. Jones. Kraft has the better team. Goodell stays. For now. For as long as Brady can play effectively.

Kraft isn’t nearly as pro Goodell as he used to be post deflategate

WagonCircler
11-05-2017, 08:56 AM
What is the ONLY thing Goodell has done well in his tenure? Make a ton of money for the NFL..

This is a perfect example of Russ Brandon syndrome. They both get credit for doing something that a million other people could have done, given the resources available to them.

"He made a lot of money for the NFL (or the Bills" is like saying "He can drive 150 MPH" after someone gave him a free Maserati.

What Goodell has done in the past few years has cost the league billions in both value and in future revenue.

Any executive could have signed lucrative TV contracts. But real leaders like Pete Rozelle could have navigated the league through the problems it's currently experiencing.

Goodell is a disaster.

WagonCircler
11-05-2017, 08:59 AM
They're all Republican @$$holes.

Roger Goodell is a RINO, like Susan Collins and Lindsay Graham. Worthless.

YardRat
11-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Jerry Jones is at least smart enough to understand how beneficial it is to have the commissioner in your back pocket. It can take a franchise that floundered for 40 years and make it one of the most dominating teams of any sport of all time. It can take a no-name almost-undrafted nobody QB and develop him into a GOAT. It can make an owner a **** TON of money. It can buy you consistent benefit-of-the-doubt, calls on the field in close games/circumstances, and reign to bend the rules or even outright cheat. It can keep your team relevant for a LONG ASS time. Jerry has seen how well Kraft has done owning one, now he wants one of his very own too. He may be a dick, but he's not stupid.

Don't kid yourselves, this has nothing to do with protesting the anthem, this is all about who gets to put their puppet in place and control the league (complete with all of the glory and accomplishments) for the next 10-15 years.

WagonCircler
11-05-2017, 10:28 AM
It can take a no-name almost-undrafted nobody QB and develop him into a GOAT. .

Wait...so you think that Robert Kraft's influence over Goodell enabled Tom Brady to get rid of the ball quickly and shred opposing defenses?

Please explain.

Are we to believe the games are choreographed?

Wally The Barber
11-05-2017, 10:39 AM
Those pizzas are ****, I spend the entire next day in the john

WagonCircler
11-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Those pizzas are ****, I spend the entire next day in the john

Hence the name.

Scumbag College
11-05-2017, 01:00 PM
Even in SoCal we know that Papa John's is garbage pizza. And they don't know **** about pizza here.

OpIv37
11-05-2017, 01:06 PM
I don't know why anyone would eat those hot garbage circles that Papa John's calls "pizza" anyway. Get your pizza from local/regional places. The cost is basically the same, the money stays in the community and the product is better.

YardRat
11-05-2017, 02:59 PM
Wait...so you think that Robert Kraft's influence over Goodell enabled Tom Brady to get rid of the ball quickly and shred opposing defenses?

Please explain.

Are we to believe the games are choreographed?
Choreographed? No. Influenced? Yes.

WagonCircler
11-05-2017, 06:20 PM
Choreographed? No. Influenced? Yes.

The refs? Sure.

The plays? You mean, like wrestling?

That's some tin-foil hat stuff.