X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLUTO
    • Mar 2017

The real story behind falling NFL TV ratings and game attendance - -

Seventy percent (70%) of African-American men comprise NFL rosters despite representing only six percent (6%) of the United States' population.

While the majority of NFL players are Black, the NFL fan base is 83 percent White and 64 percent male.

As Black QB's take over the key position in the game interest in the NFL game has declined. Kneel down protests by Black players has highlighted the racial divide within the game. Owners of NFL franchises are White. They seek profits through TV revenue and having Blacks play a game similar to gladiator battles in a Roman Coliseum.

It's the truth! Don't hide your eyes!
  • endzone
    • Dec 2016

Re: The real story behind falling NFL TV ratings and game attendance - -

It's interesting to see Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers appearing in so many commercials during the NFL games. Why not Newton, Prescott or Winston ??? Something is strange in the NFL!

Comment

• jamze132
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by endzone View Post
      It's interesting to see Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers appearing in so many commercials during the NFL games. Why not Newton, Prescott or Winston ??? Something is strange in the NFL!
      Maybe it has something to do with those guys being HoFers or soon to be HoFers...

For the record, Newton is in several commercials which can be seen quite frequently. Unfortunately for him, his attitude towards reporters and women will lose him sponsors. He is a ****ing crybaby....

Prescott and Winston are very new and until they prove that they can sustain their level of play, you won't see much of them on nationally aired commercials.

Please stop trying to race-bait.

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BLUTO View Post
        Seventy percent (70%) of African-American men comprise NFL rosters despite representing only six percent (6%) of the United States' population.

While the majority of NFL players are Black, the NFL fan base is 83 percent White and 64 percent male.

As Black QB's take over the key position in the game interest in the NFL game has declined. Kneel down protests by Black players has highlighted the racial divide within the game. Owners of NFL franchises are White. They seek profits through TV revenue and having Blacks play a game similar to gladiator battles in a Roman Coliseum.

It's the truth! Don't hide your eyes!
        I can count on one hand how many black guys I've known throughout my entire life that do not watch football. Your stats are most definitely off.

Comment

• kishoph
          • Jun 2003

The protest may have some impact on ratings and attendance being lower, but I don't believe it's anything substantial. I think it has a lot more to do with being able to stream games thru the internet or streaming devices, the lifting of the blackout rule and the quality of the game because of stupid ass rules.

Comment

• jamze132
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by kishoph View Post
            The protest may have some impact on ratings and attendance being lower, but I don't believe it's anything substantial. I think it has a lot more to do with being able to stream games thru the internet or streaming devices, the lifting of the blackout rule and the quality of the game because of stupid ass rules.
            Ticket prices are on the rise as well...

Comment

• Buddo
              • Mar 2007

Let's not forget the generally abysmal officiating, either. The rule changes will not have helped, for sure, but add on to that a bunch of muppets trying to enforce/'interpret' them, you have a head start on a devalued product.

Comment

• kishoph
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
                Let's not forget the generally abysmal officiating, either. The rule changes will not have helped, for sure, but add on to that a bunch of muppets trying to enforce/'interpret' them, you have a head start on a devalued product.
                It's the inconsistency of officiating that drives me crazy, not just the on field officiating but the video replay also has no consistency. I'm starting to feel that I'd rather have video replay done away with and just have the call on the field go. Video replay slows the game down and too many times it's just someone's interpretation of the play anyway. It infuriates me when a play is reviewed and the call or overturn is still obviously wrong.
                Get younger full time officials and get rid of the old boys club of businessmen that can't even decide if they want pureed beets or pureed prunes for breakfast without getting confused, or overruled.

WTF is a catch nowadays ?

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Buddo View Post

This has a lot to do with it. It's the reason the Bills game is the only game I watch now. I used to be the Bills. then the 4pm game, Sunday night, Mon night and Thursday night. It's gotten boring plus the officiating decides games.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                    • Jul 2007

I see problems coming with this thread
                    Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by endzone View Post
                      Those white QBs have been around longer.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                        Those white QBs have been around longer.
                        here we go......
                        Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

All great points.

Poor officiating, protests, insane ticket prices & bad commish. Saturday football has been #1 with me for years. Never had any care for the Sunday ticket. Watch Redzone outside of the Bills and that's it for the NFL. Primetime games are ignored.

The color of players doesn't make any difference to me. I have lots of minority friends (I'm casper white) and the color of their skin,ethnic background means nothing to me. Good people are good people.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

The ratings are down because the league decided to kick true parity to the curb and rigged the system and 'purists' are saying '**** off, I've got better things to do than watch 21st century professional wrestling'.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Swiper
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Wally The Barber View Post
                              here we go......
                              I stated a fact grandpa.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎