PDA

View Full Version : Good team don’t play well every week

Skooby
11-06-2017, 10:45 AM
Besides the Eagles (who could of lost a few & got lucky), who else has played well every week this season ?? We were outplayed Thursday night & NY played out of their minds well, very desperate. Before we all go jumping off the cliff because of the loss, remember that many good teams lose games and fix the problems they have to make sure they don’t get caught like that again.

Go Bills !!

swiper
11-06-2017, 10:50 AM
And Skooby didn't get a snack in every episode.

swiper
11-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Besides the Eagles (who could of lost a few & got lucky), who else has played well every week this season ?? We were outplayed Thursday night & NY played out of their minds well, very desperate. Before we all go jumping off the cliff because of the loss, remember that many good teams lose games and fix the problems they have to make sure they don’t get caught like that again.

None of the teams the Bills have beaten so far currently own a winning record.

Skooby
11-06-2017, 10:56 AM
Repeating yourself about this current fact makes you look smarter, oh wait. Who cares about that, we are playing well at home and have other advantages built in already, how’s our secondary looking this season ?

swiper
11-06-2017, 10:59 AM
Repeating yourself about this current fact makes you look smarter, oh wait. Who cares about that, we are playing well at home and have other advantages built in already, how’s our secondary looking this season ?

I guess you didn't see how McNown torched that secondary. Yeah that must be it. You must have missed it. It couldn't be because you're a stupid idiot.

Oh wait a minute.

Maybe it could be that.

Novacane
11-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Than stop guaranteeing Bills wins you jinx!

swiper
11-06-2017, 11:06 AM
Then/than

Novacane
11-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Yeah yeah.

Joe Fo Sho
11-06-2017, 11:54 AM
I guess you didn't see how McNown torched that secondary. Yeah that must be it. You must have missed it. It couldn't be because you're a stupid idiot.

Oh wait a minute.

Maybe it could be that.

Josh McCown had 140 yards passing Thursday night.

swiper
11-06-2017, 11:59 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYEqEzwMWFCg8rm/giphy.gif

Generalissimus Gibby
11-06-2017, 11:59 AM

Go Bills !!

Actually they do. They might lose, but they will always be expected to win and the media knows it as do their fans.

Homegrown
11-06-2017, 12:01 PM
If McCown passing for 140 is a "scorch" , then what will Brees do? ....

psubills62
11-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Meh. Only 6 out of 16 teams in the AFC have a winning record. It's a pretty muddled and top-heavy conference. And we haven't played a single team in the conference who currently has a winning record.

YardRat
11-06-2017, 04:07 PM

So he's a 'franchise quarterback' now too, just like Tyrod?

Bill Cody
11-06-2017, 04:19 PM
In the end everything will become obvious and the spin will end from all sides. But if you can't wait to know how it finishes I can tell you now....8-8

Wally The Barber
11-07-2017, 05:34 AM
This is a cop out thread. The Bills were flat, seemed physically and mentally unprepared.

This was a division game and the effort level at around 85%. How many other teams have missed the playoffs for 17 years?

Buffalo is the only professional sports team in the 21st century OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS

OpIv37
11-07-2017, 08:29 AM
I hate it when people hide behind cliches like "good teams don't play well every week." While it's technically true, it oversimplifies the problem.

Really good teams find ways to win when they don't play well. Good teams will occasionally have a poor game and lose to a team that they should beat, but good teams do not get thoroughly destroyed in every aspect of the game like the Bills did on Thursday. The two garbage time touchdowns masked just how much of a blowout this game really was.

The only slight positive is that it gives me some confidence in the coaches. While I certainly questioned some of their decisions during the game, it's an absolute miracle that they got to 5-3 with this garbage roster.

Topas
11-07-2017, 09:23 AM
...The only slight positive is that it gives me some confidence in the coaches. While I certainly questioned some of their decisions during the game, it's an absolute miracle that they got to 5-3 with this garbage roster.
Absolutely agree. The problem is that they screw up our drafting position. But, well, having competent coaches is a nice problem to have, especially since it is the first time in this century for the Bills.

One could argue that Marrone is also good, but first he jumped ship and second his insistence on keeping the incompetent O coordinator (forgot his name) downgrades him IMO.

Mr. Magoo
11-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Your right good teams dont play well every week, but the bills never even bothered playing last Thursday.