PDA

View Full Version : If You Did NOT Think Matthew Stafford was a Franchise QB Before Tonight...

SpikedLemonade
11-06-2017, 09:44 PM
...you are an idiot.

Eat another chicken wing MF'er.

If he was our QB for the past 6 years, we make the play-offs 3 times at least.

Mr. Miyagi
11-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Who are you even arguing with? I don't know anyone who would disagree.

stuckincincy
11-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Heh...

feldspar
11-06-2017, 10:38 PM
Put this **** in the NFL thread, not the Bills thread.

I taped the game and was going to watch it later. Now I guess I won't have to.

Thanks for the spoiler.

Cali512
11-06-2017, 11:56 PM
^ dude I knew who won a few weeks ago when Arod got hurt

Mouldsie
11-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Who are you even arguing with? I don't know anyone who would disagree.

There was a thread this offseason in which people said Stafford was not worth the contract extension.

kishoph
11-07-2017, 02:48 AM
Stafford became only the 4th QB to reach 200 passing TD's before the age of 30 yesterday. He joined Marino, Favre and Manning (not Eli) in that exclusive club. No matter how you slice it, that's pretty impressive.

Skooby
11-07-2017, 03:15 AM
Megatron helped those stats, Calvin was a giant amongst men.

swiper
11-07-2017, 04:10 AM
No one should have ever questioned whether Stafford was a franchise QB. But, how many Super Bowls have they won with him? Detroit not building that team while they have their guy.

Who knows. Maybe this year. They're going to have to get by a Viking team with QB who is efficient, but not franchise.

Seems like the Vikings are the good team that nobody is talking much about at 6-2.

This weekend's game in Washington is a bellwether game for them. If the Vikings can win that game then they are officially over the hump.

In another NFC North note, it's amazing how different one team can look when one player is out - Packers.

YardRat
11-07-2017, 05:58 AM
Stafford became only the 4th QB to reach 200 passing TD's before the age of 30 yesterday. He joined Marino, Favre and Manning (not Eli) in that exclusive club. No matter how you slice it, that's pretty impressive.

That's impressive for Marino...maybe even Favre...but considering the rules changes that have turned the game into pinball not so much for Manning and Stafford.

kishoph
11-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Megatron helped those stats, Calvin was a giant amongst men.

83 receiving TD's for Johnson.

That's impressive for Marino...maybe even Favre...but considering the rules changes that have turned the game into pinball not so much for Manning and Stafford.

Still impressive, seeing they are the only "modern era QB's" to do it.

Historian
11-07-2017, 07:39 AM
I always thought he was pretty tough with a strong arm that would have fit in well here with the funky weather.

Then again, the Bills are quarterback killers...

Joe Fo Sho
11-07-2017, 07:45 AM
Here's the thread some of you are referencing.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/238898-Stafford-135-million-for-5-years!?highlight=stafford

Mace
11-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Here's the thread some of you are referencing.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/238898-Stafford-135-million-for-5-years!?highlight=stafford

Same as I said there, without typing it all over again. He just tore up a bad Packers team. Lions are 4-4. Get back to me when they get to the playoffs.

Joe Fo Sho
11-07-2017, 08:57 AM
Same as I said there, without typing it all over again. He just tore up a bad Packers team. Lions are 4-4. Get back to me when they get to the playoffs.

I'm still taking the same stance, too. The Lions have a better chance of winning a Superbowl than we do because of Stafford. I'd take him on our team with that contract over anything we've had during our drought.

Bill Cody
11-07-2017, 09:00 AM
Matt is fun to watch. Just like Tierod.:drool2:

Mace
11-07-2017, 10:12 AM
I'm still taking the same stance, too. The Lions have a better chance of winning a Superbowl than we do because of Stafford. I'd take him on our team with that contract over anything we've had during our drought.

That's fine. But do you realize the Bills have two more wins than Stafford does in the past 9 years, without a prime Suh, Megatron, etc etc ? A supposed "franchise" QB may not turn out like people dream he will, nor have the same impact people expect he will. The position isn't insta-win like some think.

You can think the Lions have a better chance of winning a Super Bowl with him, but the last 9 years say they have the same amount of SB wins we do.

Again, I like Stafford and would like to see him get farther, just not sure he will.

Kenny
11-07-2017, 10:24 AM
That's fine. But do you realize the Bills have two more wins than Stafford does in the past 9 years, without a prime Suh, Megatron, etc etc ? A supposed "franchise" QB may not turn out like people dream he will, nor have the same impact people expect he will. The position isn't insta-win like some think.

You can think the Lions have a better chance of winning a Super Bowl with him, but the last 9 years say they have the same amount of SB wins we do.

Again, I like Stafford and would like to see him get farther, just not sure he will.
Well, goes to show you how an incompetent GM can derail a team even with a franchise QB. Not sure when Millen got fired, but Im pretty sure it took a hell of a lot of time to fix all the mistakes he made before the Lions became relevant again. Another example... Look at the Colts and Irsay.

Joe Fo Sho
11-07-2017, 10:26 AM

He might not, but he's already way ahead of Tyrod. It's a simple question for me about whether or not our team is better with Stafford on it or one of the other college level QBs we've had in the recent past.

Not to mention a QB like Stafford can go on a heater and win games by himself. If that happens, you can get something like what Flacco did in the playoffs when they won. Tyrod can't do that, he needs the running game and a top defense. I'd rather have a QB that can put a team on his back if he needs to, and I'm convinced that's a better strategy for winning a Superbowl.

Neither are likely to get a Superbowl ring, but my money would be on Detroit over the Bills every time. I'd love to be wrong.

Dr. Lecter
11-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Grow up kid.
Or stop trying to push people's buttons and the envelope like one of the cool kids.

You're smart enough to know when you are going over the line.

Ingtar33
11-07-2017, 05:32 PM
...you are an idiot.

Eat another chicken wing MF'er.

If he was our QB for the past 6 years, we make the play-offs 3 times at least.

in Detroit they call him Matt Stat-padder, because most of his numbers come in the 4th Quarter when teams are playing prevent, or against bottom feeders with crap defenses.

YardRat
11-07-2017, 06:02 PM
We'll see how it works, I'm not expecting it to end in any championships. Not in Detroit, anyway. Stafford is good...really good...just not highest-paid-player-in-the-league good.

On a side note, how's that franchise contract for Flacco working out with Baltimore?

Homegrown
11-07-2017, 09:28 PM
That's fine. But do you realize the Bills have two more wins than Stafford does in the past 9 years
l.

So, here's the thing .... in the past 6 seasons (2011-2016) Lions have gone to the playoffs 3x's versus the Bills zero times....also, Stafford has been more enjoyable to watch than the JV QB'S (Fitz/EJ/Orton/TT) the Bills have trotted out ....with Stafford the Lions have a SB chance - with our RB as a QB a 500 season is our high water mark

just saying

Mace
11-07-2017, 11:20 PM
So, here's the thing .... in the past 6 seasons (2011-2016) Lions have gone to the playoffs 3x's versus the Bills zero times....also, Stafford has been more enjoyable to watch than the JV QB'S (Fitz/EJ/Orton/TT) the Bills have trotted out ....with Stafford the Lions have a SB chance - with our RB as a QB a 500 season is our high water mark

just saying

Again, for the record, I like Stafford, and I'd love it if Detroit shook up the NFC hierarchy.

You think the Lions have a SB chance, I really don't. Their best teams were with prime Suh, Megatron and a better cast. They had a Schwartz defense, spent prime picks on OL, TE....and the Bills have 2 more wins than Stafford in that time.

If you want to figure Stafford, inserted here, is the missing piece....you have to change a lot of variables. Besides Orton, who suffered some pummeling, Bills QB's have survived on mobility with OL's that have pass protection issues. Who protects him in the pocket ? Stafford suffers from lack of running game, do the Bills spend on McCoy if they have Stafford ? Does he succeed without Megatron here ?

Is your desired result losing 3 WC games in 9 years with substantial money tied up in a guy who has your team at 4-4 ? I mean, if that's the pinnacle of successful measure, fine.

The idea is that having Stafford just makes the drafts, coaches, FA choices, and everything all better, while the Lions are still trying to get to the playoffs this year and hopefully win a WC game.

If you read my posts in the other thread, I said he's good enough and not good enough, you have to pay him to hold onto the maybe. They're 4-4. He's obviously a better passer than what we've had. Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Lot of teams have those and have finished worse.

Again, get back to me at the end of the season. I'll be more than happy to say I'm wrong. If I live long enough, as it stands now, I'll remember him as a good QB, an elite one ? No. Would he elevate the Bills if he couldn't elevate the Lions with Megatron ? No, I don't think so. Did he elevate the Lions this year ? Not yet, they're 4-4.

I'm not sure what the point is besides the ever popular fantasy of who we don't have doing better than who we're stuck with, without the context of the teams around either.

SpikedLemonade
11-08-2017, 03:59 AM
I see many threads are deleted from this thread.

I didn't know a baby moderator could clean up his own diaper.

feldspar
11-08-2017, 07:31 AM
I see many threads are deleted from this thread.

I didn't know a baby moderator could clean up his own diaper.

You don't know when to shut up, do you?

SpikedLemonade
11-08-2017, 09:51 AM
You don't know when to shut up, do you?

Apparently you don't either.

feldspar
11-08-2017, 09:54 AM
Apparently you don't either.

You're out of line...again.

SpikedLemonade
11-09-2017, 02:52 AM
You're out of line...again.