X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Bills Receiving Corps - Impressive

Although a very different receiving corps than the one they had in 2016, this new look receiving corps is very intriguing and when you analyze it very impressive.

Their average height is 6.325.

All three WRs are high volume receivers that possess size, strength and great hands. Matthews and Jones are expert route runners, while KB and Clay bring the size and power.

All four are red zone threats. All four can make a big catch over the middle in traffic.

I think Jordan Matthews can be the biggest beneficiary of the presence of KB. He should have a lot more room to work the middle of the field and he is very good at that.

Jones hopefully builds off of last week and Clay looks like he's back this week so if he picks up where he left off this group of receivers can do some damage.

TT needs to continue throwing the ball like he did against the Jets and take advantage of the weapons around him.

Latest on WR Zay Jones including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

Latest on TE Jordan Matthews including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

Latest on WR Kelvin Benjamin including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • MitchMurrayDowntown
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Re: Bills Receiving Corps - Impressive

Our RB has the most receptions, which tells you all you need to know about our QB.

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

Our 4 games only TE has the most receiving yards which speaks to something... not sure what though.

Comment

• Goobylal
        • Jan 2004

Considering where the receiving corps was at the beginning of the season, especially with Matthews' chest injury limiting his TC time, it is impressive where it is now. I'd say that when KB gets up to speed and Zay returns, it will be one of the best in the league. I just wish that TT were a little more consistent.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

And IMHO, ideally they should have KB and Thompson starting outside because KB brings the size and DT the speed, with ZT starting in the slot. Previously I would have said JM but ZJ has really come on as of late and will definitely be here next year, whereas I'm not so sure about JM (and I'd favor them re-signing DT over him since he's got speed, which they lack, and will be cheaper).

Comment

• Homegrown
            Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
            • Jul 2008

that is impressive if a Bills were building a "street ball" team ....

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Homegrown View Post
              that is impressive if a Bills were building a "street ball" team ....
              No, it's impressive no matter how you look at it.

Comment

• Wally The Barber
                • Jul 2007

And they do this with no QB, AMAZING
                Beware of Sarcasm

Comment

• Mouldsie
                  • Aug 2012

I am not that impressed. I guess I value talent, production, route running, speed, and playmaking more than height.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                    Considering where the receiving corps was at the beginning of the season, especially with Matthews' chest injury limiting his TC time, it is impressive where it is now. I'd say that when KB gets up to speed and Zay returns, it will be one of the best in the league. I just wish that TT were a little more consistent.
                    Am I the only one that finds this post to be a little bit ahead of reality? Check his pee!!!!!

Comment

• Arm of Harm
                      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                      I am not that impressed. I guess I value talent, production, route running, speed, and playmaking more than height.
                      WR production is difficult to achieve, when your offense runs the ball about twice as often as it passes, and when your starting QB had failed to produce much even when he had targets such as Watkins and Clay.
                      After becoming a full-time starter in Miami, Clay averaged 680 receiving yards a season. That dropped to about 540 receiving yards a season after coming to Buffalo. It's not as though Miami had great quarterbacking during Clay's time there.

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
                        WR production is difficult to achieve, when your offense runs the ball about twice as often as it passes, and when your starting QB had failed to produce much even when he had targets such as Watkins and Clay.
                        After becoming a full-time starter in Miami, Clay averaged 680 receiving yards a season. That dropped to about 540 receiving yards a season after coming to Buffalo. It's not as though Miami had great quarterbacking during Clay's time there.
                        Tyrod averaged 1000 yards less/ year than tannyballs did during Clay's 2 years as a Fin TE

Comment

• Mouldsie
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Arm of Harm View Post
                          I don't disagree. I don't think these WR's are that prolific compared to other WR's even with a more aggressive passer/playcalling though.

They aren't Adam Theilen and Stefon Diggs.

They do have a chance to prove me wrong and perform above expectation! I look forward to that. I also dont think WR is that important in winning as compared to other positions.
                          Last edited by Mouldsie; 11-10-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

Again. Tyrod needs a 21-22 game season to match crappy Tannehill. Now I think KB with Clay back makes stacking the box a potential big mistake.

Tyrod needs to play a game and a half's worth for the Bills to win.

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                              Although a very different receiving corps than the one they had in 2016, this new look receiving corps is very intriguing and when you analyze it very impressive.

Their average height is 6.325.

All three WRs are high volume receivers that possess size, strength and great hands. Matthews and Jones are expert route runners, while KB and Clay bring the size and power.

All four are red zone threats. All four can make a big catch over the middle in traffic.

I think Jordan Matthews can be the biggest beneficiary of the presence of KB. He should have a lot more room to work the middle of the field and he is very good at that.

Jones hopefully builds off of last week and Clay looks like he's back this week so if he picks up where he left off this group of receivers can do some damage.

TT needs to continue throwing the ball like he did against the Jets and take advantage of the weapons around him.

Latest on WR Zay Jones including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

Latest on TE Jordan Matthews including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

Latest on WR Kelvin Benjamin including news, stats, videos, highlights and more on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...lay?id=2495139
                              The Bills couldn't make Tyrod Taylor taller, so they made all the WRs taller.

Comment

Working...
                              X