PDA

View Full Version : Peterman has better stats in 4 minutes than tyrod had all game.

Buffalogic
11-12-2017, 03:04 PM
Bye bye Tyrod. You suck.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Bye bye Tyrod. You suck.

Garbage time. No scouting report. Not defending TT in any way. He sucks. But just sayin.

Joe Fo Sho
11-12-2017, 03:09 PM
I don't care what kind of defense the Saints were running, having more yards in 4 minutes than your starting QB is f******* embarrassing. Tyrod does not deserve our support anymore.

Luisito23
11-12-2017, 03:11 PM
Anyone that finds excuses for Tyrod after this game is a total idiot...

Plain and simple.

Arm of Harm
11-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Garbage time. No scouting report. Not defending TT in any way. He sucks. But just sayin.

You are 100% correct. I can't disagree with anything you've written even slightly.

However, you have a guy you know isn't the answer in the form of Tyrod. With Peterman you have a guy who probably isn't the answer, but who's done reasonably well with the opportunities he's been given. He was by far our best QB in preseason, and did well with what little time in regular season he was given.

If I'm McDermott/Beane, I'm looking to take a QB in the first round of the upcoming draft. But it would be nice to know what we have in Peterman before making that decision. We already know what we have in Tyrod.

kishoph
11-12-2017, 03:19 PM

Sure that's true, but you can't deny that he makes decisions and gets the ball out the way it needs to be done. That's also without any NFL real game experience. Week after week we hear commentators saying how Taylor needs to get rid of the ball quicker. Having a weapon like Benjamin will go to waste with Taylor behind center.

paladin warrior
11-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Bye bye Tyrod. You suck.
:bf1:

Novacane
11-12-2017, 03:23 PM

TT had a lot more garbage time to compile stats than Peterman did and wouldn't even attempt it. Something in his head just doesn't work. I'm going with the guy who may be no good over the guy I know is no good every time!

Thurmal
11-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Tyrod had garbage time the ENTIRE SECOND HALF, and he threw for 8 yards!

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Tyrod had garbage time the ENTIRE SECOND HALF, and he threw for 8 yards!

Tyrod has been scouted. "Make him play quartback" is the report.

Buffalogic
11-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Tyrod played like he knew this was the last game of his career as a starting professional quarterback in the NFL.

- - - Updated - - -

The report is so easy now. Rush 3 or 4, drop everyone else into coverage and it's ****ing game over.

imbondz
11-12-2017, 03:29 PM

ouch. lol

CommissarSpartacus
11-12-2017, 03:41 PM
This was the first I've seen Peterman play and I was impressed., especially with his attitude.

He looked like a guy who knows how to play the position.

There's something wrong with Tyrod's head.

If it was up to me, I'd start Peterman. Give Tyrod a chance to watch from the sideline.

SpikedLemonade
11-12-2017, 03:43 PM
This was the first I've seen Peterman play and I was impressed., especially with his attitude.

He looked like a guy who knows how to play the position.

There's something wrong with Tyrod's head.

If it was up to me, I'd start Peterman. Give Tyrod a chance to watch from the sideline.

Welcome to my thinking 12 weeks ago.

CommissarSpartacus
11-12-2017, 03:50 PM
Welcome to my thinking 12 weeks ago.

I didn't watch preseason so today is the first time I've seen him play.

Guy made good throws, good decisions, moved eell, commanded the huddle.

Tyrod's his own kind of space case, the black JP Losman. He'll have a few good games, but will mostly suck.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 04:03 PM
I didn't watch preseason so today is the first time I've seen him play.

Guy made good throws, good decisions, moved eell, commanded the huddle.

Tyrod's his own kind of space case, the black JP Losman. He'll have a few good games, but will mostly suck.

What does race have to do with it?

ParanoidAndroid
11-12-2017, 04:18 PM
The only thing that allows Tyrod to keep his job is that he doesn't turn the ball over. That's mostly because he doesn't throw the ball. I think he gets another week but if he does this again, he's done. I stopped watching the game but I'm glad to see Peterman got some time. He actually throws the football.

Buffalogic
11-12-2017, 04:41 PM
He turned the ball over and threw for less than 60 yards in a game. I am pretty confident I could compile better numbers.

justasportsfan
11-12-2017, 05:11 PM
I'll my chances. 56 yards. Just saying

Pennywise
11-12-2017, 05:16 PM

Other than Tyrod is black and plays like JP Losman, nothing.

In fact, to make you feel better, JP Losman was the white Tyrod Taylor before his time.

Mace
11-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Yeah. I defended the idea of playing Taylor to this point to protect Peterman. 9 games in, roll the bones. They're only going backwards now under Taylor.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 05:21 PM
I'll my chances. 56 yards. Just saying

You and me both. The only upside of starting TT that I can come up with, is to keep Peterman from getting killed. He seems to have the poise beyond his experience though, so it looks like he's ready. I'd be comfortable putting him in whereas earlier in the season his safety was a true concern.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 05:26 PM
Other than Tyrod is black and plays like JP Losman, nothing.

In fact, to make you feel better, JP Losman was the white Tyrod Taylor before his time.

Well tell us something we didn't know...

Anyway...I'll always remember JP against the Bears throwing a beautifully run go route of 50 yards, out of the back of the endzone. Nice guy, but what a loser.

YardRat
11-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Considering how emphatic McD was in his presser about Tyrod being the starter, a switch isn't happening anytime too soon. Give Taylor another week, or two...when the playoffs go up in smoke for real and TT still hasn't improved he'll start losing the players, and that's what needs to happen.

DraftBoy
11-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Considering how emphatic McD was in his presser about Tyrod being the starter, a switch isn't happening anytime too soon. Give Taylor another week, or two...when the playoffs go up in smoke for real and TT still hasn't improved he'll start losing the players, and that's what needs to happen.

Agreed, they won't make a switch until the playoffs are officially out the window and even then it will depend on how Tyrod plays over the next 2-3 weeks.

Wally The Barber
11-12-2017, 05:52 PM
BYE-BYE, Don't care what the coach said today,wait till Tuesday

justasportsfan
11-12-2017, 05:53 PM
You and me both. The only upside of starting TT that I can come up with, is to keep Peterman from getting killed. He seems to have the poise beyond his experience though, so it looks like he's ready. I'd be comfortable putting him in whereas earlier in the season his safety was a true concern.

The downside to that is we will never know what we have in Peterman going into next years draft if we insist with Tayulor.

Peterman knows how to get rid of the ball. He in as much danger as TT holding on to the ball forever because he's too scared to throw the halftime to find out what Peterman is made of like the Texans took a risk with throwing Watson to the wolves. Wentz with the eagles, etc.etc.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 06:10 PM
The downside to that is we will never know what we have in Peterman going into next years draft if we insist with Tayulor.

Peterman knows how to get rid of the ball. He in as much danger as TT holding on to the ball forever because he's too scared to throw the halftime to find out what Peterman is made of like the Texans took a risk with throwing Watson to the wolves. Wentz with the eagles, etc.etc.

Absolutely it's important to have a good understanding of Peterman going into next year's draft Hell, I wanted a better understanding of Cardale Jones going into this year for the same reason. And I'm sure Peterman doesn't suck at qb ing as much as Jones did.

BillsImpossible
11-12-2017, 06:29 PM
Taylor made 9 completions out of 18 attempts for 56 yards.

Seriously, that actually happened. Taylor also checked down to Mike Tolbert on 3rd and long, down by a mile.

Bills fans have had enough.

Peterman made 7 completions out of 10 attempts 79 yards and threw a TD.

I don't think there's any such thing as "Garbage Time," in the NFL. Players know they're on tape every play.

Some of them are competing for starting jobs next week. Peterman won't be one of them, unfortunately.

The Bills got a spark in the darkness today. Hopefully coach McD sees the light.

Checkdown to Tolbert on 3rd down and long!

It's time to MOVE ON, coach!

The Bills aren't going to win the Super Bowl with Tyrod Taylor, coach!

MOVE ON!

WagonCircler
11-12-2017, 08:05 PM

Allow me to toss a fun theory into Shiva's bull ring.

One of the consistent memes floating around here today is the McD won't pull Tyrod because he's popular with the other players.

Let's pretend for a minute that his name was Thomas Taylor, and his hue was slightly different. Do you suppose he'd be so popular, or would he be in exactly the "Who's next?" situation that JP found himself in?

GOBILLSGO!!!
11-12-2017, 08:07 PM
56 yards in a game is what I expect from a successful trick play thrown by my running back... not the game stats from my starting QB.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 08:11 PM

One of the consistent memes floating around here today is the McD won't pull Tyrod because he's popular with the other players.

Let's pretend for a minute that his name was Thomas Taylor, and his hue was slightly different. Do you suppose he'd be so popular, or would he be in exactly the "Who's next?" situation that JP found himself in?
I don't usually consider how race plays in the lockeroom.

Different regime, but Cardale Jones should have gotten off of the bench last year but didn't, and he's black.

WagonCircler
11-12-2017, 08:16 PM
I don't usually consider how race plays in the lockeroom.

Different regime, but Cardale Jones should have gotten off of the bench last year but didn't, and he's black.

Cardale Jones should never have been drafted.

Buffalogic
11-12-2017, 08:31 PM
What's the point of starting Tyrod? Even if we make it to the playoffs (laugher I know) we aren't going anywhere. It's painfully obvious to the fans, it has to be obvious to the coaches.

There's zero upside with the guy. Move on.

Arm of Harm
11-12-2017, 10:22 PM

You know, this is a good point. In addition to what you described, Tyrod has a couple other things which serve to increase his popularity in the locker room.

1) Players generally prefer veteran quarterbacks to untested rookies. Back when the Bengals had Jon Kitna at quarterback, one of their players expressed the view that they'd set the franchise back years if they drafted a quarterback in the first round. (They ended up drafting Carson Palmer first overall.)

2) The Bills have had decent records while Tyrod was the quarterback. Mostly those records were because of their running game, not their passing attack. A certain amount of credit for those wins has rubbed off on Taylor, even though the Bills' passing attack has typically been bottom-5 during his time as QB.

On the other hand, there are compelling reasons why some players might prefer Peterman. Peterman was by far our best quarterback in the preseason. In four minutes he passed for more yards, and led the offense to more points, than Tyrod had all game. WRs and TEs love getting the ball. When your quarterback is only passing for 56 yards, getting the ball isn't something that's going to happen very often for those guys. Back when we still had Sammy Watkins, he'd sometimes get visibly frustrated when he kept getting open, only to not have the ball thrown his way.

I'm guessing that the overall locker room sentiment is still pro-Tyrod. But I also think there might be enough mitigating against that, that McDermott could switch to Peterman without losing this team.

Buffalogic
11-12-2017, 11:26 PM
I don't see how the defensive players could be pro tyrod. Or the receivers. Hell even the OL. Unless they just don't care about winning.

Is this really a popularity contest anyway? I don't keep my job because I'm popular, I keep it because I perform well. It shouldn't be different in the NFL.

YardRat
11-13-2017, 06:11 AM

It has everything to do with who the other players believe give them the best chance to win, and absolutely nothing to do with skin color.

WagonCircler
11-13-2017, 08:12 AM
It has everything to do with who the other players believe give them the best chance to win, and absolutely nothing to do with skin color.

I disagree, but with a distinction. I think it's a combination of the race of the players, and their generation.

I think the current generation of players would like to see an NFL which looks very similar to the NBA, not just in race, but especially in style.

I think they'd like to see an NFL in which the read option/running QB is very prevalent, and the traditional pocket passer is minimized.

And this won't be popular, but I believe that this is due to overt racism on the part of the majority of the league's players.

These anthem protests are about hatred of America and it's traditions (in other words, in the minds of the players, white America).

All of the controversy in the NFL this year is couched in the myth of white cops hunting down black men. But that's really just the cloak that shrouds the real issue, and that issue is racial animosity towards white men, which has been stoked for political gain since these players were children. Many of them have been taught that everything wrong in their lives and in their communities is the fault of white males (this of course ignores the provable fact that the overwhelming majority of violent crimes committed against black men is perpetrated by other black men).

You can look at all of this and call it what you want to, and I'm sure you'll call me a racist/bigot for calling this what it really is. And you'll be proving George Orwell's point -- “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”

swiper
11-13-2017, 08:36 AM
I think its more the young fans rather than the "current generation of players" that want this run & shoot, spread crap. It's crap. Give me a FB and 2 TE set all day long.

CommissarSpartacus
11-13-2017, 08:52 AM
Nate Peterman 2016 Pitt highlights..

https://youtu.be/Pw3Rw-sLby8

- - - Updated - - -

CommissarSpartacus
11-13-2017, 08:53 AM

sahlensguy
11-13-2017, 09:10 AM
I disagree, but with a distinction. I think it's a combination of the race of the players, and their generation.

I think the current generation of players would like to see an NFL which looks very similar to the NBA, not just in race, but especially in style.

I think they'd like to see an NFL in which the read option/running QB is very prevalent, and the traditional pocket passer is minimized.

And this won't be popular, but I believe that this is due to overt racism on the part of the majority of the league's players.

These anthem protests are about hatred of America and it's traditions (in other words, in the minds of the players, white America).

All of the controversy in the NFL this year is couched in the myth of white cops hunting down black men. But that's really just the cloak that shrouds the real issue, and that issue is racial animosity towards white men, which has been stoked for political gain since these players were children. Many of them have been taught that everything wrong in their lives and in their communities is the fault of white males (this of course ignores the provable fact that the overwhelming majority of violent crimes committed against black men is perpetrated by other black men).

You can look at all of this and call it what you want to, and I'm sure you'll call me a racist/bigot for calling this what it really is. And you'll be proving George Orwell's point -- “The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.”

I could a **** about the color of the qb's skin as long as he's good, and I'd bet any decent player, deep down feels the same way.

Sean McDermot has neither lost or won the locker room from what I can tell. You win over people by your actions, not by your inactions. So far it appears he is sitting on his hands on the issue. He is letting the tail is wag the dog here.

If he wants to win the locker room, he needs to make the right move here. Color be damned.

WagonCircler
11-13-2017, 09:34 AM
I could a **** about the color of the qb's skin as long as he's good, and I'd bet any decent player, deep down feels the same way..

I'd like to think that would be the case, but I don't believe it is.

That's why I stopped watching pregame shows. The bias among the talking heads (ex-players) is overwhelming, and clearly divided along racial lines. And the political bias among the so-called "journalists" is beyond the pale (no pun intended).

Old school guys like Tom Jackson, who didn't see color, are being replaced with loudmouth idiots like Keyshawn Jackson and the unintelligible Shannon Sharpe.

The culture of the league has become unrecognizable.

After a fumble recovery during yesterday's Bills game, Saints players performed a skit--and it wasn't even on a Touchdown. No flags.

This league has turned into a pile of ****.

feldspar
11-13-2017, 10:58 AM
I didn't even see Peterman play yesterday.

I tuned out when it was 24-3 (I think) and the Bills turned the ball over, setting the Saints up at first and goal...could not bear to watch anymore. Just horrible by everyone involved, really.

At a certain point, I think it will maybe take the Bills putting Peterman in just to hold my interest.