PDA

View Full Version : Run Defense since Dareus Trade

BuffaloBlitz83
11-12-2017, 03:07 PM
Since trading Marcell Dareus to Jacksonville, #Bills run D has allowed 194 rushing yards to the Jets and now 300 (!) to the #Saints.

Thurmal
11-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Yeah, it's clear that even when Dareus was half-assing, he ate up blockers. Still a good trade though; you can't pass up a chance to dump that contract when it comes up.

Novacane
11-12-2017, 04:33 PM
They It's obvious this is about next year and after so I'm glad they got rid of the contract.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 04:34 PM
They It's obvious this is about next year and after so I'm glad they got rid of the contract.

If it's about next year, why give up 2 picks for Benjamin?

Makes no sense.

Pennywise
11-12-2017, 04:37 PM
Dareus has one foot in the long term suspension grave and the other on a banana peel.

Good trade considering his contract.

Novacane
11-12-2017, 04:38 PM

Makes no sense.

Because he will be part of the team next year. If they get a QB hopefully a big part of it.

Buffalogic
11-12-2017, 04:38 PM

Makes no sense.
Kb is under contract next year.

Buddo
11-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Since trading Marcell Dareus to Jacksonville, #Bills run D has allowed 194 rushing yards to the Jets and now 300 (!) to the #Saints.

Apparently, the Jags run D has improved immeasurably as well.

Tbh, I get the losing the contract side of things, what I don't get is the fact that the deal was done without a proper assessment of the consequences for the run D. Which have not been insignificant.

sudzy
11-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Funny, Dareus was "dogging it" and the Bills reward him by making him the only player on the team at that time that will BE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS! He got to be laughing his ass off. "They really showed me."

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Because he will be part of the team next year. If they get a QB hopefully a big part of it.

If we traded Dareus because we are rebuilding, it makes no sense to give up assets for a WR receiver now, who won't be under contract in 14 months. And you don't even know who his QB will be until then.

Those moves are not coherent with each other.

If the move to get KB was for a playoff push this year, then Dares should still be here too.

If we are rebuilding then they shouldn't have given away draft picks for a short term receiver.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Kb is under contract next year.

I know, so what. Are we rebuilding, or are we not?

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Funny, Dareus was "dogging it" and the Bills reward him by making him the only player on the team at that time that will BE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS! He got to be laughing his ass off. "They really showed me."

OBD is clueless to dump him and then give up assets for KB.

GingerP
11-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Apparently, the Jags run D has improved immeasurably as well.

They acquired him because they were great against the pass and struggling against the run. In the 2 games he has played they gave up:

17 carries for 29 yards (1.7 ypc) against Cin

30 carrier for 87 yards (2.9 ypc) against the Chargers.

Looks like when they dumped Lynch on Seattle.

The Jokeman
11-12-2017, 07:58 PM

Makes no sense.

Because I doubt a 3rd Round or 7th Round rookie have the impact Benjamin would in his first full season as a Bill would.

BillyT92679
11-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Eh. It’s more Kyle being washed and the linebackers being atrocious than missing 15 plays per game from Mr Big Stuff

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 08:06 PM
Because I doubt a 3rd Round or 7th Round rookie have the impact Benjamin would in his first full season as a Bill would.

We have KB under contract for 23 more games. There is nothing wrong with short term goals. But that is what we gave up future draft picks for.

What are the short term goals for the team?

If it was to make a playoff run, why dump Dareus for future chump change? We were better with him than we are without.

BillsImpossible
11-12-2017, 08:18 PM
For whatever reason, Dareus did not want to play in Buffalo.

Why?

Probably because he's a diva, attention seeking NFL whore who thinks he's too good to play in Buffalo.

He didn't want to play here.

If I had his jersey I'd burn it.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 08:22 PM
For whatever reason, Dareus did not want to play in Buffalo.

Why?

Probably because he's a diva, attention seeking NFL whore who thinks he's too good to play in Buffalo.

He didn't want to play here.

If I had his jersey I'd burn it.

Well he obviously did play, at an impactful way too. so I'm not sure your point.

BillsImpossible
11-12-2017, 08:24 PM
Well he obviously did play, at an impactful way too. so I'm not sure your point.

Ask Mario Williams.

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Yeah, it's clear that even when Dareus was half-assing, he ate up blockers. Still a good trade though; you can't pass up a chance to dump that contract when it comes up.
Worst trade ever.

Klaista2k
11-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Stupidest ****ing trade ever.

This trade looks like it's going to cost us the entire season and the drought will continue.

Bill Cody
11-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Stupidest ****ing trade ever.

This trade looks like it's going to cost us the entire season and the drought will continue.

LOL