PDA

View Full Version : D Needs Help

Night Train
11-12-2017, 04:24 PM
2 more DT's and some CB's.

Saints rush for 300 yards. That has nothing to do with Tyrod. Middle was crushed.

Off-season needed.

Novacane
11-12-2017, 04:39 PM
For sure. The team has a lot of holes.

Ginger Vitis
11-12-2017, 04:43 PM
And a DE and 2 LBs

Buffalogic
11-12-2017, 04:43 PM
3 and outs all game really help. Defense quit on the offense and I don't blame them. Same story, different week. Tyrod trash.

Buffalogic
11-12-2017, 04:45 PM
Our lbs are sideline to sideline types. If the DL can't block the OL it's a wrap because the Lbs get mauled. Need better DL.

swiper
11-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Some of these needs can be had in free agency. Let's hope Beane is more reasonable in paying D-linemen than Whaley & Nix were. You can get solid hole stuffers without breaking the bank.

And this is a good place to mention that Shaq Lawson is one of the worst top picks since Mike Williams. He has had zero impact ever.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 05:02 PM
I get that Dareus was a goat multiple times. He was a cog thought that this D misses. I get rebuilding, but the effect of trading him is underestimated.

justasportsfan
11-12-2017, 05:17 PM
Na. According to Mitch/skoobs this team is talented

kingJofNYC
11-12-2017, 05:20 PM
We need 3 LBs.

Why is Milano sitting on the bench? No way he's worse.

Arm of Harm
11-12-2017, 05:29 PM
I get that Dareus was a goat multiple times. He was a cog thought that this D misses. I get rebuilding, but the effect of trading him is underestimated.

Agreed. Long term I think the move makes sense, because his salary cap space can be spent more efficiently on other players instead. But those other players aren't here yet. Currently, we're eating his cap space, with no immediate benefit in exchange.

Odds are this will be a much better team in 1 - 2 years than what we're seeing right now.

YardRat
11-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Brings back memories of Pettine's defense when lightweights like KW, Kiko and Byrd let nobodies gash the defense up the middle for nice chunks every week.

I love Kyle, but he's just not an anchor DT, he's a slasher and needs that anchor next to him to maximize his effectiveness.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Agreed. Long term I think the move makes sense, because his salary cap space can be spent more efficiently on other players instead. But those other players aren't here yet. Currently, we're eating his cap space, with no immediate benefit in exchange.

Odds are this will be a much better team in 1 - 2 years than what we're seeing right now.

Sure. But then following up this move with the short term KB trade makes no sense.

YardRat
11-12-2017, 05:35 PM

Jesus ****ing Christ it better be because what 'we're seeing right now' is about as bad as it gets.

DraftBoy
11-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Lots of people misunderstood the role Dareus played on this defense because he didn't show up on the box score. His role is not easily replaced and we're feeling some of those effects now.

Arm of Harm
11-12-2017, 05:59 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ it better be because what 'we're seeing right now' is about as bad as it gets.

That's true.

In fairness to McDermott, he inherited a rebuilding team. During his time as GM, Whaley did not acquire one long-term answer as a starter. Not one. The closest he came was Sammy Watkins. When healthy, Sammy is an outstanding football player. Problem being, that it's hard to convince a WR to sign an extension, when you don't have a QB.

Whaley added some good veteran players through signings and trades, but by and large those guys are too old to constitute long-term answers. This season, McDermott has been forced to rely on aging veterans signed by Whaley, as well as aging players drafted by pre-Whaley GMs. Before the season started we were all talking about the Bills tanking. Plenty here predicted 3-13 or 4-12, because that's the kind of record our talent level and strength of schedule indicated.

YardRat
11-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Lots of people misunderstood the role Dareus played on this defense because he didn't show up on the box score. His role is not easily replaced and we're feeling some of those effects now.

The scary thing is one might expect that from the fan base...but not the coaching staff and front office.

Novacane
11-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Do they miss Dareus? Sure they do. Is he the key piece that held the defense together like some of your are suggesting? I don't think so. The run defense was good against the Raiders with no Dareus. I argue the bigger problem the last 2 games is everyone on defense is missing tackles that they were not earlier in the year.

kingJofNYC
11-12-2017, 06:49 PM
The scary thing is one might expect that from the fan base...but not the coaching staff and front office.

I mean this front office has made it their MO, if you're not part of the process you're gone.

highly likely the wrong guys are manning the ship once again, what has McD done better than the last staff? 7 more games to prove what he's worth.

BillsImpossible
11-12-2017, 07:08 PM
I think the D needs to get liquored up, and rub some horse steroids on their skin before the game and at halftime.

Kind of like the Dallas Cowboys in the 1990's.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/07/tony-casillas-1990s-cowboys-used-medicine-meant-for-horses/

DraftBoy
11-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Do they miss Dareus? Sure they do. Is he the key piece that held the defense together like some of your are suggesting? I don't think so. The run defense was good against the Raiders with no Dareus. I argue the bigger problem the last 2 games is everyone on defense is missing tackles that they were not earlier in the year.

Being good against one of the worst rushing offenses in the league, without their starting RB, isn't something to be proud of.

- - - Updated - - -

Being good against one of the worst rushing offenses in the league, without their starting RB, isn't something to be proud of.

Mr. Pink
11-13-2017, 01:57 PM
Or having an offense that could sustain drives, pick up first downs and score points would help too.

The Saints had the ball for 41:23, The Bills had 10 first downs and went 2/11 on 3rd down.

- - - Updated - - -

Or having an offense that could sustain drives, pick up first downs and score points would help too.

The Saints had the ball for 41:23, The Bills had 10 first downs and went 2/11 on 3rd down.