PDA

View Full Version : After all the cliff jumping, we are still locked in our playoff spot

Skooby
11-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Don’t hurt yourself on the way down:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff (http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff)

Canadian'eh!
11-12-2017, 07:25 PM
There’s nothing remotely “locked in”

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 07:28 PM
"Not eliminated yet".

An all too familiar November chant.

ParanoidAndroid
11-12-2017, 07:40 PM
If they are as bad as they have looked the last two weeks in arrow, I think they win 2 more games if they're lucky.

BillsImpossible
11-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Why wish for the playoffs when you know the Bills have a starting QB that will never win a Super Bowl?

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Why wish for the playoffs when you know the Bills have a starting QB that will never win a Super Bowl?

Have you not been around for the last 17 years?

Scumbag College
11-12-2017, 07:55 PM
With the way the AFC is looking, right now 8-8 might sneak you in at the #6 seed. If Denver loses tonight and Miami tomorrow, I still like the Bills' chances if they can at least get one the next two weeks.

Baltimore has a cupcake schedule except for @ Pitt and Detroit at home. They might be a team we really want to root hard against if the end game for us as fans is to get into the playoffs as the six seed.

BillsImpossible
11-12-2017, 08:00 PM
Have you not been around for the last 17 years?

I don't want to just get to the playoffs and call it good enough.

I want to live to see the day when the Buffalo Bills become Super Bowl Champions. Why settle for anything less?

Getting to the playoffs this year would be like good luck combined with bad....just our luck.

A playoff berth would be nice, but at the same time it would mean having to pay Tyrod Taylor to be a $20 million "game manager," that will never be a franchise QB, and will never win a Super Bowl.

Arm of Harm
11-12-2017, 08:04 PM

http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff (http://www.espn.com/nfl/standings/_/view/playoff)

Earlier in the season, the Bills won a lot of games they should have lost, by winning the turnover battle. Had the turnover differential been neutral for our first seven games, there's no way we sniff 5-2. We led the league in turnover differential, and by a significant margin.

Well, you say, turnovers are part of the game. And that's true. But if you need turnovers to win most games, due to ineffectiveness on non-turnover plays, then that puts you in a vulnerable position. Why? Because a highly favorable turnover margin like that is unsustainable.

In our wins, we were also highly dependent on our running game. Problem there being we became too dependent on it. Teams learned that when you play the Bills, you take away the run. You dare the Bills to beat you with the pass.

If our shiny turnover differential isn't going to play as big a role going forward as it did in our five wins, and if our running game is going to be ineffective due in part to teams' lack of respect for our passing game, how many more wins do you envision us getting over the final seven games? Two of those seven games are against the Patriots. How do you think those games will play out? What about our game against the Chiefs? Or our trip to Los Angeles?

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 08:13 PM
I don't want to just get to the playoffs and call it good enough.

I want to live to see the day when the Buffalo Bills become Super Bowl Champions. Why settle for anything less?

Getting to the playoffs this year would be like good luck combined with bad....just our luck.

A playoff berth would be nice, but at the same time it would mean having to pay Tyrod Taylor to be a $20 million "game manager," that will never be a franchise QB, and will never win a Super Bowl.
Nice?

At this point it would be orgasmic.

Novacane
11-12-2017, 08:27 PM
Too bad we have to play the last 7 games

BillsImpossible
11-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Nice?

It would be like a one night stand with someone you really want to be with and love and then they leave you for money.

We'd blow our load, feel great for about a week and then reality would set in.

With the 20th pick in the NFL Draft.....

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 08:39 PM
It would be like a one night stand with someone you really want to be with and love and then they leave you for money.

We'd blow our load, feel great for about a week and then reality would set in.

With the 20th pick in the NFL Draft.....

A one night stand after the longest dry spell in history, plus the 20th > no playoffs. Again. Plus the 14th pick.

Novacane
11-12-2017, 09:22 PM
Are we going to have one of these stupid threads every week until it's official?

feldspar
11-12-2017, 09:26 PM
47-10.

sahlensguy
11-12-2017, 09:30 PM
47-10.

Seven of those ten points were put up by our backup qb mind you.

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2017, 09:31 PM

You think this team has a shot at the playoffs after the past two weeks? You cannot have watched the games. GTFO

Skooby
11-12-2017, 09:32 PM
47-10.
Might be the best team right now, we aren’t.

- - - Updated - - -

Seven of those ten points were put up by our backup qb mind you.

That makes it better.

Mr. Pink
11-12-2017, 10:11 PM
We'll say that 9 wins gets an AFC team in the playoffs this year, you tell me what 4 of these the Bills are winning...

San Diego, Kansas City, Indy, New England twice, Miami twice.

I'll give them a split with Miami and a win against Indy. That means you have to steal 2 victories out of playing New England twice, San Diego in San Diego, Kansas City in Kansas City.

Luisito23
11-12-2017, 10:23 PM
7-9.

BertSquirtgum
11-12-2017, 10:27 PM
Forever 7-9.

Arm of Harm
11-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Nice?

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I couldn't care less about making the playoffs. What I do care about, deeply, is building a team capable of winning the Super Bowl. I want us to credibly challenge for that Super Bowl trophy, each and every year, for a protracted number of years. Much like we did back in the early '90s. Obviously I also hope to win at least one of those Super Bowls, if not more than one.

This isn't a team designed to do that. For the first seven games of the season we were an overachieving team, that was good at stealing wins against superior opponents, by winning the turnover battle. You can't ride that to a Super Bowl victory.

I'd have no objection to tanking the rest of this season, or even tanking the next two seasons, if doing so lets us draft the building block players we so desperately need. You look at the LA Rams for example with Jared Goff. He was a QB drafted first overall, and he's currently putting together a Brady-like season. With, presumably, many more such seasons to come. If we need to go 1-15 to get our own Jared Goff, that's a price I'm more than willing to pay.

Bill Cody
11-12-2017, 10:50 PM
What’s that? Ah — Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game.